Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

If you could change one loss from UW football history into a win?

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Asu 96'...well that was easy. Lambo vs Cooper. Lambo would have got his rose bowl trophy.

Oregon In '95. Lambo would have got his 2nd rose bowl trophy.

• Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    chuck said:

The omission of 2016 Bama speaks volumes.

Speaks volumes about your inability to grasp the jist of the thread.

I'll help a little. 1990 UCLA is the most mentioned game here. 1984 USC is pretty prominent too. What about those losses is different than the one you mentioned? The quality of the opponent (hint: UW was better)? The fact that UW went on to win the games following those losses (hint: there's no reason to assume or even believe UW would have beaten Clemson after Alabama)?

That help? Hindsight tells us that if UW beats SC in 1984 and the final #1 ranking was in the bag. We don't even need hindsight for 1990. We knew the day that it happened that the NC was pissed away. Somehow sneak past Alabama last season and a better team would have been waiting.
    tl;dr edit: A voted natty is > playing in an actual championship game with the possibility of earning the trophy on the field.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    chuck said:

chuck said:

I'll help a little. 1990 UCLA is the most mentioned game here. 1984 USC is pretty prominent too. What about those losses is different than the one you mentioned? The quality of the opponent (hint: UW was better)? The fact that UW went on to win the games following those losses (hint: there's no reason to assume or even believe UW would have beaten Clemson after Alabama)?

That help? Hindsight tells us that if UW beats SC in 1984 and the final #1 ranking was in the bag. We don't even need hindsight for 1990. We knew the day that it happened that the NC was pissed away. Somehow sneak past Alabama last season and a better team would have been waiting.
    tl;dr edit: A voted natty is > playing in an actual championship game with the possibility of earning the trophy on the field.
    You come to this website to talk shit and then prove you're Race/Boobs/DNC fanboy by the manner in which you post.. They're funny with their simplistic style because of the intelligence, nuance, subtlety and irony behind it. You think you're funny and good at this because you're simple and stupid. See the difference?
    @TierbsHsotBoobs true?!?!
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,634

Gladstone said:

If you were alive then and didn't say 1990 UCLA you should be killed by Lambright's bare hands.

That was a fucking brutal loss. The USC '84 game was bad, but at the time it wasn't abundantly clear it was costing us a Natty.

UCLA 1990 was the worst feeling I've ever had as a sports fan.

The 1990 UCLA Bruins football team represented University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) in the 1990 college football season. The team was coached by Terry Donahue and finished the season with a 5–6–0 record in 6th place in the conference.[1]

How the fuck? I found the game on YouTube and at the risk of wrist slitting will watch it later today.
    They countered the Huskies defense with quick slants. Tommy Maddox was their QB and was a true freshman.

They had one long run for a TD up the middle, because the Huskies sent Tommie Smith on a blitz and the middle of the field was left open. That was early in the game.

Late in the game, the Huskies rallied, but any chance of a win was pissed away by a late 4th quarter INT thrown by Brunell.

It really sucked to watch that loss in person and, at that time, I don't think I had gotten over the shit loss to Colorado that September.
    Any loss to Colorado is tough to get over.
  • Options
    chuck said:

chuck said:

You come to this website to talk shit and then prove you're Race/Boobs/DNC fanboy by the manner in which you post.. They're funny with their simplistic style because of the intelligence, nuance, subtlety and irony behind it. You think you're funny and good at this because you're simple and stupid. See the difference?
    Sounds like you're a Race/Boobs/DNC fanboy.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,006
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

chuck said:

Especially when you lose the fucking natty game, dumb fuck. . . .

The 0regon fan base is the dumbest bunch of dumbfucks on the planet. Playing for the NC means FUCKING NOTHING. NO FUCKING PARTICIPATION TROPIHIES ya FUCKING MORON.

Now ACTUALLY winning an NC. Its a FUCKING shame your fucking worthless fucking school has never won an NC in football.

• Options
    edited June 2017
    EwaDawg said:

chuck said:

The 0regon fan base is the dumbest bunch of dumbfucks on the planet. Playing for the NC means FUCKING NOTHING. NO FUCKING PARTICIPATION TROPIHIES ya FUCKING MORON.

Now ACTUALLY winning an NC. Its a FUCKING shame your fucking worthless fucking school has never won an NC in football.

I sense the anger, jealousy and frustration in this poast, and I want to drink your tears.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,634
    EwaDawg said:

chuck said:

Ouch. Dude. Wow.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    chuck said:

chuck said:

I *heart* chuckHIV
  • Options

chuck said:

Go undefeated then pop off
  • Options
    dnc said:

chuck said:

Go undefeated then pop off
    The 2010 Participation Trophy Season says hi.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,084
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options

If you were alive then and didn't say 1990 UCLA you should be killed by Lambright's bare hands.

That was a fucking brutal loss. The USC '84 game was bad, but at the time it wasn't abundantly clear it was costing us a Natty.

UCLA 1990 was the worst feeling I've ever had as a sports fan.

Ugh. I think I've posted this, but after that game eleven year old me cried, went to my room and kicked a hole in my bedroom wall. I then went and tried to gain perspective by walking around in circles in the back of my parents lot for a few hours trying to avoid the ass whooping I was set to take. I was just a kid and I CARED!
    I was 9 and my parents dads had other plans that day so I didn't get to see the gayme. I was highly overconfident and was sure we? had them. We swung by Al's Auto Parts and the game was on on the radio there and I heard Brown rip off the 88 yarder. I was nervous the next two hours until I got home and turned on Rondeau's postgayme show. 9 year old annoyingly talkative dnc was speechless.

Fuck Brad Deluiso.
  • Options
    Alexis said:

2002 Michigan. Mich converts a 4th down late on an obvious dropped ball which allowed 12 men on the field. UW wins that game, they don't tank as bad later in the year, probably end up with 9 wins and it's tougher to fire Neuheisel just because High millen wanted him gone 3 weeks before the season. Wait until after the 2003 season and you don't get stuck with Manboobs. And then no ty.

This is a really, really, really good alternate option.

I was in a sports bar full of Michigan fans in Fort Collins. I celebrated the victory after the missed third down pass.

That place went nuts when the FG went through.

James Fucking Sims.

Given your explanation of events, this truly might have been the most costly loss in school history.

FUCK
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,340
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

Alexis said:

2002 Michigan. Mich converts a 4th down late on an obvious dropped ball which allowed 12 men on the field. UW wins that game, they don't tank as bad later in the year, probably end up with 9 wins and it's tougher to fire Neuheisel just because High millen wanted him gone 3 weeks before the season. Wait until after the 2003 season and you don't get stuck with Manboobs. And then no ty.

This is a really, really, really good alternate option.

I was in a sports bar full of Michigan fans in Fort Collins. I celebrated the victory after the missed third down pass.

That place went nuts when the FG went through.

James Fucking Sims.

Given your explanation of events, this truly might have been the most costly loss in school history.

FUCK
    FUCK is right. I went to that game. It FUCKING SUCKED ASS.

That piece of shit kicker had missed like 2 FGs on the day too.... ugh that 12 men on the field. FUCK FUCK FUCK

And yeah it is such an alternate reality... I thought Neu was done after that game and it was the beginning of the end.

FUCK FUCK FUCK