Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

If you could change one loss from UW football history into a win?

124»

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,650
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Alexis said:

2002 Michigan. Mich converts a 4th down late on an obvious dropped ball which allowed 12 men on the field. UW wins that game, they don't tank as bad later in the year, probably end up with 9 wins and it's tougher to fire Neuheisel just because High millen wanted him gone 3 weeks before the season. Wait until after the 2003 season and you don't get stuck with Manboobs. And then no ty.

Good choice. I don't know how I forget that one. So much went wrong in the closing moments of that game. The obvious dropped pass was ruled a fumble, but that didn't excuse Derrick Johnson for standing there with his thumb up his ass while Michigan pounced on the ball. He could have ended the game just by playing through the whistle.

I knew their shitty kicker was going to make the game winner. I don't think any kicker has ever missed a critical field goal against UW since I've been a fan.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    EwaDawg said:

chuck said:

The omission of 2016 Bama speaks volumes.

Speaks volumes about your inability to grasp the jist of the thread.

I'll help a little. 1990 UCLA is the most mentioned game here. 1984 USC is pretty prominent too. What about those losses is different than the one you mentioned? The quality of the opponent (hint: UW was better)? The fact that UW went on to win the games following those losses (hint: there's no reason to assume or even believe UW would have beaten Clemson after Alabama)?

That help? Hindsight tells us that if UW beats SC in 1984 and the final #1 ranking was in the bag. We don't even need hindsight for 1990. We knew the day that it happened that the NC was pissed away. Somehow sneak past Alabama last season and a better team would have been waiting.
    tl;dr edit: A voted natty is > playing in an actual championship game with the possibility of earning the trophy on the field.
    Especially when you lose the fucking natty game, dumb fuck. . . .

The 0regon fan base is the dumbest bunch of dumbfucks on the planet. Playing for the NC means FUCKING NOTHING. NO FUCKING PARTICIPATION TROPIHIES ya FUCKING MORON.

Now ACTUALLY winning an NC. Its a FUCKING shame your fucking worthless fucking school has never won an NC in football.

Wow.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,134
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    whlinder said:

dnc said:

Alexis said:

2002 Michigan. Mich converts a 4th down late on an obvious dropped ball which allowed 12 men on the field. UW wins that game, they don't tank as bad later in the year, probably end up with 9 wins and it's tougher to fire Neuheisel just because High millen wanted him gone 3 weeks before the season. Wait until after the 2003 season and you don't get stuck with Manboobs. And then no ty.

This is a really, really, really good alternate option.

I was in a sports bar full of Michigan fans in Fort Collins. I celebrated the victory after the missed third down pass.

That place went nuts when the FG went through.

James Fucking Sims.

Given your explanation of events, this truly might have been the most costly loss in school history.

FUCK
    FUCK is right. I went to that game. It FUCKING SUCKED ASS.

That piece of shit kicker had missed like 2 FGs on the day too.... ugh that 12 men on the field. FUCK FUCK FUCK

And yeah it is such an alternate reality... I thought Neu was done after that game and it was the beginning of the end.

FUCK FUCK FUCK
    Brabbs.

The name was just a funny punch line. Until...
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,555
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    1984 USC - the game wasn't going to be televised in Alabama, I quickly finalized a job offer for coming back to Seattle, left Huntsville on Wed morning, made it to Seatlle friday afternoon. 3 days hauling butt and the dumb sons a beeches lose.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Alexis said:

I was there. Sheesh, i had so much fun at the fucking fun park in Sandusky, the golf course tailgating, the beaver galore and assembly line bloody mary's on the flight back...i didnt much care about the 12 WR's on the field. Ordinarily i would have been pissered, but to this day hasnt bothered me much. Now if this happened in Eugene id be all with you #24
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,609
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Alexis said:

I was there. Sheesh, i had so much fun at the fucking fun park in Sandusky, the golf course tailgating, the beaver galore and assembly line bloody mary's on the flight back...i didnt much care about the 12 WR's on the field. Ordinarily i would have been pissered, but to this day hasnt bothered me much. Now if this happened in Eugene id be all with you #24
    This is the pup I'm down with

No football talk

Just booze and beav
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone did you get this q from r/cfb yesterday?