Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Official Eastern Conference pre season scrimmage thread

13»

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    Fuck off about Lillard; he's cold blooded with an absolute shit franchise and GM. Him and McCollum are legit pieces and the only ones who've done anything to GS so far in the playoffs. Everyone else on that team except maybe Nurkic are fringe guys.
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,793
    Tequilla said:

Saying IT needs to be the 4th best guy on his team to win is about as shitpost as it gets. Also Im glad GS will give max money to noted defensive stopper Steph Curry.

You're not seriously trying to compare IT to Curry are you?

IT's skill level is more consistent with the 2nd or 3rd option ... his size makes him ideally suited to be a 6th man.

Im saying your argument that IT shouldnt get max money becuase hes a defensive liability is FS.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Tequilla said:

Saying IT needs to be the 4th best guy on his team to win is about as shitpost as it gets. Also Im glad GS will give max money to noted defensive stopper Steph Curry.

IT's skill level is more consistent with the 2nd or 3rd option ... his size makes him ideally suited to be a 6th man.

Im saying your argument that IT shouldnt get max money becuase hes a defensive liability is FS.
    And what I've been saying all year that I'd rather pay Bradley/Smart than IT max ...

Most said I was crazy ...

How's that looking tonight?

And you are damn right if I'm a championship level team I'm not paying max money to a expensive liability
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

And what I've been saying all year that I'd rather pay Bradley/Smart than IT max ...

And you are damn right if I'm a championship level team I'm not paying max money to a expensive liability
    Your take is at least defensible now.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited May 2017
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Lol I knew this was coming. When a 29% shooter from 3 goes 7-10 and LeBron takes the day off...

Smart and Bradley are both 20+ mil players in today's NBA. Even Turner gets 4 years 75, Chandler Parsons gets the max. Stick to fantasy hoops.
    Using Chandler Parsons as an indication of supporting max contracts for other players should disqualify you from ever talking about basketball again.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Lol I knew this was coming. When a 29% shooter from 3 goes 7-10 and LeBron takes the day off...

Smart and Bradley are both 20+ mil players in today's NBA. Even Turner gets 4 years 75, Chandler Parsons gets the max. Stick to fantasy hoops.
    NBA GMs are dumb and bad.
    A max contract for IT I think is all dependent upon what Boston does in free agency and/or trade.

IF they take Fultz, then I just don't see how they can keep all 4 of Fultz, IT, Bradley, and Smart.

Smart and Bradley are high end defenders. Fultz will likely take 3-5 years to develop into an average defender at the NBA level as he's going to have a lot of bad habits coming from Romar. IT is a defensive liability. If you keep IT + Fultz, that means that you are moving one of Bradley and Smart. For a team that hangs their hat on defense, that's a tough pill to follow.

I believe the max contract levels that IT can sign for are in the 3/100 or 4/135 range. I'm thinking that Boston would maybe consider the 3/100 but the 4/135 is probably too much when you start factoring in other contracts including the rookie contracts that will be coming up with the #1 this year and high pick from Brooklyn next year. My guess is that the combined Bradley/Smart contracts would probably be in the 35-45M range. My personal thought is that Bradley's the one player that Boston's not going to allow to leave (if you look there's reporting coming from Jackie MacMullen that Boston was willing to move both IT and Smart last year for a lottery pick in last year's draft). So if you go both IT + Bradley, that's in the combined 50-60M range for contracts + Horford's max + whatever Boston does this year with their available cap space (which they will do something because the way the extension rules work for IT/Bradley the deals can't really be done this year until after the free agency period and only make sense for Boston to enter into IF they don't get somebody ... otherwise they are better off running through the favorable contracts this year and then utilizing Bird rights next year. Point being though is that with those contracts you are likely going to be entering into a significant luxury tax range and if so, I'm not sure that that's going to happen.

edited May 2017

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

That was my point. A lot of these teams have to basically throw outrageous money at guys like Smart because they have to sign someone to reach the salary floor. Don't be TequillaFS.
    For those that don't get why I've been harping on the IT defensive issue, tonight was a perfect example. The Celtics don't come close to winning this game with IT.

Cleveland's been doing 2 things to initiate their offense in the games at Boston. The first is using whoever IT was guarding in a screen situation with LBJ and forcing that switch. That switch then compromises the entire defense as IT's got no shot in hell of guarding LBJ and that leads to open shot after open shot. The other is using a big to screen LBJ and then getting that switch where LBJ can attack the basket without a problem and in part because IT is somewhere on the weak side on defense the risk to LBJ of having help defense goes significantly down. The reason why this is true is because when you have Crowder (or whoever) switch out on the big they are tied up with the big eventually diving to the glass and needing to box or run the risk of the big being solo on a double. Then, whatever side LBJ is on there will be a guy in the corner and if that defender tries to help on the drive that's an uncontested 3. That leaves 2 guys on the backside and one of those 2 is IT. As Shaq would say, that's BBQ Chicken.

Tonight, with IT off the court and replaced by Marcus Smart, the switching options for Cleveland's offense went down. That then allowed Boston with their bigs to be able to fall off those ball screens a little easier allowing the original LBJ defender the opportunity to get back into position unless LBJ decided to shoot the jump shot (which it's easy to slide off of him when he's clearly not in great rhythm).

By not being able to use the guard screen anymore, that then resulted in relying on the Thompson screen. Cleveland could use Love to see the screen forcing more of a direct switch, but that doesn't really work out well if Thompson is on the court because you don't need to defend him unless he's in the paint. It's hard to take Thompson off the court because Cleveland's decidedly worse defensively when he isn't in the paint.

Cleveland's going to win the series as it's just too much to ask for this Boston team to win 4 out of 5 games. But Cleveland's going to have to adjust a bit. And it also goes to show how so much of what Cleveland has been doing has been as much to do with the flawed teams they've been playing as a credit to what they are doing.

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

That was my point. A lot of these teams have to basically throw outrageous money at guys like Smart because they have to sign someone to reach the salary floor. Don't be TequillaFS.
    You're confusing shit here ...

I absolutely realize that teams overpay for players ... I don't blame players for taking the money.

But if you are a team with aspirations of winning titles, you don't offer FS contracts.

And if you are a player with aspirations of winning titles, sometimes you have to make some financial sacrifices to ensure that you have the best squad around you at all times.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,917 Founders Club
    IT killed it tonight
    edited May 2017
    If Bost
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I absolutely realize that teams overpay for players ... I don't blame players for taking the money.

But if you are a team with aspirations of winning titles, you don't offer FS contracts.

And if you are a player with aspirations of winning titles, sometimes you have to make some financial sacrifices to ensure that you have the best squad around you at all times.
    Isaiah doesn't. They have cap room to sign a guy this offseason. Isaiah, Bradley, and Smart will all be free agents after next year. Thing is, Boston could re-sign all 3, although they won't.

The cap isn't a factor when re-signing your own players. You just have to be ready to pay the luxury tax.

The area Isaiah would get immensely better at is playmaking, if he had the players around him. He can become a great passer. Right now, he doesn't.

If Bost

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Isaiah doesn't. They have cap room to sign a guy this offseason. Isaiah, Bradley, and Smart will all be free agents after next year. Thing is, Boston could re-sign all 3, although they won't.

The cap isn't a factor when re-signing your own players. You just have to be ready to pay the luxury tax.
    Wow? Really?

You really are a fucktarded twit.
    edited May 2017
    Tequilla said:

If Bost

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Wow? Really?

I'm not a cap guru, but how the fuck is Cleveland re-signing guys like Tristan Thompson and JR Smith to big contracts when they are already well above the salary cap?

Tequilla said:

If Bost

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Wow? Really?

I'm not a cap guru, but how the fuck is Cleveland re-signing guys like Tristan Thompson and JR Smith to big contracts when they are already well above the salary cap?
    I know how the cap works you ignorant slut ...

Part of Cleveland having LBJ is a willingness to venture into luxury tax territory ...

The other thing you get with the Cavs is the bitching during the year of not having any depth and the lack of youth/draft picks coming into the organization.

Got any additional knowledge to drop?
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

If Bost

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Wow? Really?

I know how the cap works you ignorant slut ...

Part of Cleveland having LBJ is a willingness to venture into luxury tax territory ...

The other thing you get with the Cavs is the bitching during the year of not having any depth and the lack of youth/draft picks coming into the organization.

Got any additional knowledge to drop?
    So I was right?