Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Official Eastern Conference pre season scrimmage thread

CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
I thought Celtics could push the series to 6 but this is probably over at 4

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

This was always going to be a blowout. LeBron on huge rest is unstoppable.

Celts take game two. Cavs win 3 and 4. Cs salvage 5. Cavs in a rout in game six.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club
    Boston looks rusty
  • RavennaDawgRavennaDawg Member Posts: 846
    dnc said:

Celts take game two. Cavs win 3 and 4. Cs salvage 5. Cavs in a rout in game six.
    If "take game two" is code for "get swept in four games", then your post is 100 percent correct.

Long live the King.

dnc said:

If "take game two" is code for "get swept in four games", then your post is 100 percent correct.

Long live the King.
    We'll see.

If the Cavs win game two, you're right.
    Now that tonight's game is over, any more Southaven stories?

Nope, it's a pretty quiet place most of the tim. How's Taco Del Mar?
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Boston looks rusty

Cavs were playing great defense, but Boston was ice cold and looked tired. I still think Boston has enough pride to make this a somewhat competitive series.

Stevens is a good coach who makes needed adjustments. Boston has some tough guys like Crowder, Bradley, and Smart. Isaiah will have at least one huge game.
    dnc said:

I'm back in the 206. The city that everyone on this bored apparently hates.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    dnc said:

RIP Lemon Party Special
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,527 Standard Supporter

dnc said:

No apparently about it.

And don't limit it to 'everyone on this board'. There are aborigines without internet access who hate Seattle just as much, I'm sure.

dnc said:

I think you're supposed to have a love hate relationship with your roots - your family, your city, your schools, etc. If I didn't love Seattle I wouldn't still be obsessed with it's college football team after all it's put me through. Which is of course another reason I hate Seattle.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    I'm glad I'm from Merced Island so I can hate Seattle without mixed feelings.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

*Mercer
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club

*Mercer
    Merced is a home to University of California, Merced. Current recreational opportunities in the city include Applegate Park and zoo, Bear and Black Rascal Creeks and their bike trails, a skate park located in Applegate, a live stage theater downtown, two first run movie theaters, The Mainzer Theater which is known for its historic and architectural value, County Courthouse Museum circa 1889, the Merced Multicultural Arts Center and the County Library. Though still growing, Merced has several shopping areas including the Merced Mall, anchored by Target, Sears, JCPenney and Kohl's, a strip mall located on the city's northwest side which includes Best Buy, Barnes & Noble, Lowe's, Wal-Mart, and several restaurants. Merced's Main Street contains several restaurants, a movie theater, and other assorted shops.

Also within a short distance from the city limits are the Castle Air Museum, Lake Yosemite, and Merced Falls. Merced is also the headquarters of Malibu Boats, a manufacturer of inboard boats. The city of Merced along with its surrounding cities are serviced by the Merced Sun-Star and the Merced County Times. The Sun-Star daily newspaper has a circulation of over 20,000 in the Merced area and the Times weekly newspaper has a circulation of over 5,000.

Main Street in Merced California
    Homes at the median level in Merced have lost 62% of their value from the second quarter of 2006, when they peaked at $336,743, the biggest drop anywhere in the country, according to data provided to Forbes by Local Market Monitor, a Cary, North-Carolina-based real-estate research firm. Earlier, home building and buying grew exponentially in Merced, but the metro still suffers from an elevated 14.2% unemployment rate (Dec 2013)[10] according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

During the Great Recession Merced suffered one of the greatest property price collapses in the country and house prices at the end of 2009 had returned to 1998 levels, according to Zillow, making housing affordable compared to many other California locations. Merced's population has grown faster than the state average since 1980. Over the past nine years, the annualized growth rate is about 3.4%. This rapid expansion of population has stimulated significant retail growth since 1992. Several major retail chain stores have entered Merced, adding over 750,000 square feet (70,000 m2) of new retail space in that time and increasing the City's sales tax receipts by over $500,000 annually.

The economy has traditionally relied upon agribusiness and upon the presence of Castle Air Force Base. Over the past twenty years, more diversified industry has entered the area, including printing, fiberglass boat building, warehousing and distribution, and packaging industries.

In September 1995, Castle Air Force Base closed after phasing down over the previous three years. This has affected residential real estate and some sectors of the retail and service economies, but overall retail has continued to increase. No significant increase in unemployment has been noted. Re-use of the former base is actively proceeding. Industrial development is increasing in the area.

Since 1992, more than 400,000 square feet (37,000 m2) of new industrial activity has started. In May 1995, Merced was selected as the home of the next University of California campus. UC Merced opened with its first 1,000 students in September 2005. Local planning is underway to accommodate campus development, which will eventually accommodate about 25,000 students.

History[edit]
    The first Merced post office opened in 1870.[11] Merced incorporated in 1889[11] and now operates under the Council-Manager form of government.

A plaque marking the site of the Merced Assembly Center.
    During World War II, the Merced County fairgrounds was the site of a temporary "assembly center" where Japanese Americans were detained after being removed from their West Coast homes under Executive Order 9066. 4,669 men, women and children from central California (with most coming from Merced County) were confined in the Merced Assembly Center from May 6 to September 15, 1942, when they were transferred to the more permanent Granada internment camp in Colorado.[12]

Transportation[edit]

Major highways near Merced
    Major highways[edit]
    California 59.svg State Route 59
    California 99.svg State Route 99
    California 140.svg State Route 140
    Air[edit]
    Merced Regional Airport. Passenger service provided by Boutique Air.
    Castle Airport in nearby Atwater, California.
    Bus[edit]
    Greyhound, Intercalifornias, TUFESA and Fronteras del Norte serve Merced.
    YARTS provides scheduled service into Yosemite National Park.
    Merced County Transit, "The Bus", operates both regularly scheduled fixed route bus service and Dial-A-Ride (demand response) transportation services throughout Merced County.
    Cattracks is UC Merced's bus service, which connects students, staff and faculty at the university to off-campus apartments, the off-campus Castle facilities, local amenities, the Amtrak station, and the downtown area.
    Rail[edit]
    Amtrak San Joaquin provides passenger service.[13]

Map of proposed route, also including the proposed Desert Xpress to Las Vegas
    California High-Speed Rail[edit]
    Officials of the California High-Speed Rail Authority say a flat, straight stretch through the San Joaquin Valley connecting Merced and Bakersfield will likely be the first completed. Regional Manager Thomas Tracy told the Visalia City Council that the 800-mile (1,300 km) project will be built in eight phases. The first segment, due by 2015, would stretch from Bakersfield to Merced on an initial run from San Diego to Sacramento. At its full 220 mph speed, the normally three-hour car trip from Merced to Bakersfield would take 45 minutes.[citation needed]

Sample trips in the California High Speed rail would include:

Merced to Sacramento – 43 minutes
    Merced to San Jose – 45 minutes
    Merced to San Francisco – 1 hour and 15 minutes
    Merced to Los Angeles – 1 hour and 40 minutes
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    You try posting while speeding down I90 and doing blow off a hookers ass.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,527 Standard Supporter

Assault any Shadle Park cheerleaders lately?

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    Lebron wants to win in 16. This is pretty incredible.
  • phineasphineas Member Posts: 4,732
    Just 20 more minutes before the mariners start. Not even Charles can keep me interested in this
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    I took a lot of heat for saying that IT couldn't be the top player for an elite title contending team ... but he's getting abused on both ends of the court ...

The Celtics window is this year's #1 + next year's #1 + Bradley/Brown + Hayward + ???

If you are Danny Ainge right now there's no way you can pay IT the max ... it'd be a terrible contract
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited May 2017
    Tequilla said:

I took a lot of heat for saying that IT couldn't be the top player for an elite title contending team ... but he's getting abused on both ends of the court ...

The Celtics window is this year's #1 + next year's #1 + Bradley/Brown + Hayward + ???

If you are Danny Ainge right now there's no way you can pay IT the max ... it'd be a terrible contract

You're a fucking idiot. Guys who are top 20 players are max contract guys.

Guys who finish at the top of the scoring charts are max contract guys.

Guys who lead their team to #1 seeds are max contract guys.