Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

LeBron

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
This guy has never played better. He really might overtake MJ. His game has aged so well.

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

This guy has never played better. He really might overtake MJ. His game has aged so well.

I need to see four more championships.
  • Options
    rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    LeBron is better than MJ, and isn't as close as people make it seem. He does everything that can be done on a court. He plays with scrubs and takes them to championships year after year. He's the best all around player ever. He would beat MJ 7 out of 10 in one on one. He plays in the most athletic/diverse iteration of the NBA ever seen to date, and absolutely dominates.

It's just too bad that so many people dislike dominance today. We are luckier than we will ever know for being able to watch him throughout his career.

I'm a life long Blazers fan.

Can't wait till he gets ahold of GS again. Hope Kyrie or k love show their face for a game or two.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Uh ... no
  • Options

LeBron is better than MJ, and isn't as close as people make it seem. He does everything that can be done on a court. He plays with scrubs and takes them to championships year after year. He's the best all around player ever. He would beat MJ 7 out of 10 in one on one. He plays in the most athletic/diverse iteration of the NBA ever seen to date, and absolutely dominates.

It's just too bad that so many people dislike dominance today. We are luckier than we will ever know for being able to watch him throughout his career.

Can't wait till he gets ahold of GS again. Hope Kyrie or k love show their face for a game or two.

With all due respect ... and I did say with all due respect ...

You're fucking insane if you think that LBJ is better than MJ and that it isn't close ...

In complete seasons played, Jordan won 6 straight titles. LBJ isn't anywhere close to that realm.

I'll give credit to LBJ for what he did in the last 2 Finals ... there's no question that the rules today have made it even easier for him. But comparing LBJ in today's no touch NBA against the NBA that Jordan played in that was as close to prison rules as there ever has been isn't fair. And to say that LBJ would beat Jordan 7 out of 10 times is just opinion for one and second basketball is a 5 on 5 game ... not a 1 on 1 game.

To me, LBJ is a better version of Wilt ... genetically superior to anybody that played in his era but when you get down to the idea of championships the numbers have been lacking ... particularly in relation to his talent.

GREAT players in basketball have the ability to influence the outcome of the game more than in any other sport ... LBJ just doesn't have the resume that some of the other greats have had ... and certainly not Jordan.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We can get stuck on championships, but he really might be better.

The smartest player in the league is one of the best athletes of all time.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Lebron couldn't handle Jordan rules or the bad boys, let alone no call celtics. Gtfo millennial
  • Options

We can get stuck on championships, but he really might be better.

The smartest player in the league is one of the best athletes of all time.

Wake me when he doesn't get a free pass to the Finals every season.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I used to hate on Lebron a bit. He's corny, he doesn't have anywhere MJ's charisma, but are you guys not watching how he is playing? You really think he's not sustaining this level for awhile? He's already lost some as an athlete and is a better player than ever.

He's damn good. He's in my top 3 of all time.

But he's still a bitch who has asterisks by two his three titles (game 6's when he could have been eliminated saved by Allen 3 pointer and Green suspension). Winners win, and he's a winner. But when comparing to MJ, that stuff matters. MJ's six titles have zero asterisks. He never even went to a game 7 in the finals let alone faced elimination in game 6.

Felix continued as a dominant pitcher for a couple years after he lost his fastball, but shit catches up to you. Bron's lost his fastball. He's adjusted and is still at the top of his game. But he's not going to be dominant for another three years.

He'll never catch Jordan.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,501
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I like him because he does that thing where he throws the white power in the air before games.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    PurpleJ said:

I like him because he does that thing where he throws the white power in the air before games.

• Options
    The freedom of movement rules make LBJ a beast as he's a genetic freak with his size/speed combo ... there has never been anybody like him to play the game ... then add to it with the skill set of players morphing into a drive and kick league for 3's and that's as optimal as you can get for LBJ ...

If he goes back and plays in the 80s or 90s where you could legitimately walk off the lane with multiple approaches and things change a bit

But the idea that Jordan wouldn't have been as dominating (at minimum) in today's world is laughable ... he'd be impossible to stop
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

The freedom of movement rules make LBJ a beast as he's a genetic freak with his size/speed combo ... there has never been anybody like him to play the game ... then add to it with the skill set of players morphing into a drive and kick league for 3's and that's as optimal as you can get for LBJ ...

If he goes back and plays in the 80s or 90s where you could legitimately walk off the lane with multiple approaches and things change a bit

But the idea that Jordan wouldn't have been as dominating (at minimum) in today's world is laughable ... he'd be impossible to stop

Dude stop. LeBron is bigger and stronger than anyone who could have blocked the lane in the 80's. He would have been great in any era.

He's just not Jordan.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I drank the Lebron haterade until he won it all last year. He doesn't have MJ's legacy yet, but it certainly is within striking distance now. If he would have lost last year to the Warriors then that dream of being as legendary as MJ would have been out the window. He put the team on his back though and proved to be the alpha.

As a player Lebron is leagues better than MJ ever was in terms of skill/size/athleticism, however, you could argue that a few others since MJ have been as well. It's hard to compare completely different era's as the game and players are always evolving. The NBA now is a pussified offensive stats padding league compared to the MJ era.

It's dumb to just compare MJs total rings to Lebrons at this point just as it is dumb to compare Lebron's modern day inflated NBA stats (he is going to shatter everything Jordan did). You have to look at it from a much broader view. At this point Lebron is #2 but I think he will end up #1 because of how he has evolved his game from an athletic freak to a well rounded floor general, he still has quite a few elite years left.

It's hard.

• Options

I used to hate on Lebron a bit. He's corny, he doesn't have anywhere MJ's charisma, but are you guys not watching how he is playing? You really think he's not sustaining this level for awhile? He's already lost some as an athlete and is a better player than ever.

You know I don't watch preseason scrimmages
  • Options
    dnc said:

But he's still a bitch who has asterisks by two his three titles (game 6's when he could have been eliminated saved by Allen 3 pointer and Green suspension). Winners win, and he's a winner. But when comparing to MJ, that stuff matters. MJ's six titles have zero asterisks. He never even went to a game 7 in the finals let alone faced elimination in game 6.

Felix continued as a dominant pitcher for a couple years after he lost his fastball, but shit catches up to you. Bron's lost his fastball. He's adjusted and is still at the top of his game. But he's not going to be dominant for another three years.

Please go set yourself on fire for insulting LeBron by comparing him to a loser that has never made the playoffs.
  • Options

dnc said:

Please go set yourself on fire for insulting LeBron by comparing him to a loser that has never made the playoffs.
    Yes because one player can carry a baseball team to the playoffs like one NBA star can.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Dude stop. LeBron is bigger and stronger than anyone who could have blocked the lane in the 80's. He would have been great in any era.

He's just not Jordan.
    LBJ is a great player ... but he isn't Jordan ... that's the only person I'm comparing him to here
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited May 2017
    He and Jordan are completely different players. I don't have any problem with someone saying LeBron is better, he has a historically unprecedented game and is playing in the era of superteams. If you had to pick one player in history to start a team with, it's a coin flip.

edit: An interesting question is that if you could pick one player in their absolute prime to anchor a team, who would it be? There is an argument to be made for Shaq or Hakeem in that convo too imo.