Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

trumpcare is back

Comments

• Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,019
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm all for pre existing conditions. I like to wreck my car and then pay for collision coverage and not waste money on homeowners insurance until after my house burns down.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Alexis said:

I'm all for pre existing conditions. I like to wreck my car and then pay for collision coverage and not waste money on homeowners insurance until after my house burns down.

Sure. Because that's the same thing.

• Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    why yes. Yes it is.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Alexis said:

if "pre existing conditions" like fucking acne weren't abused by companies to avoid paying perfectly reasonable claims you'd have more of a point.

• Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Good. Pre existing conditions was bad law. It hurt everyone and didn't solve anything

This really will be Trump care now that Ryan has failed so miserably.

This one sounds like it has Rand Paul's fingerprints on it. Good round of golf.

People forget that hospitals have charities and endowments and pay for a lot of indigent patients. Tax payers can pay the rest and come out ahead.

We tried it the Obama way and it failed.

@Foxnews, true?
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Alexis said:

I hate moronic motherfuckers.

Do you think people choose to get multiple sclerosis or Crohn's? Do you think that people who lose a genetic lottery should have to remain continuously employed (even though the losing the genetic lottery part might make that difficult) or pay COBRA rates for their insurance if they do lose their jobs?

Your analogy is less-than-dimwitted.
  • Options

Good. Pre existing conditions was bad law. It hurt everyone and didn't solve anything

This really will be Trump care now that Ryan has failed so miserably.

This one sounds like it has Rand Paul's fingerprints on it. Good round of golf.

People forget that hospitals have charities and endowments and pay for a lot of indigent patients. Tax payers can pay the rest and come out ahead.

We tried it the Obama way and it failed.

EAT THE RICH

@RaceBannon , true?!?!!?!!12111!?!
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,227
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Notice how the counter arguments have nothing to do with what I actually wrote. Because I'm right and all you have is the usual bull shit about how much you care about the poor even though we all know you don't. You just want to whip up your fellow low information voters into some frenzy over leaving people to die which is a bunch of bull shit and you know it.

We can deal with the minority of folks with pre existing conditions with out fucking over everyone else to do it which is what Obamacare did and why it is going to fail.

Rip me all you want but that fact isn't changing
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

Notice how the counter arguments have nothing to do with what I actually wrote. Because I'm right and all you have is the usual bull shit about how much you care about the poor even though we all know you don't. You just want to whip up your fellow low information voters into some frenzy over leaving people to die which is a bunch of bull shit and you know it.

We can deal with the minority of folks with pre existing conditions with out fucking over everyone else to do it which is what Obamacare did and why it is going to fail.

You claim to have solved the preexisting condition issue through a magical and unsubstantiated combination of charity, endowment and tax dollars and then bemoan the substance of the counter-arguments? RaceBannonFS.

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Pre existing conditions clause has nothing to do with why Obamacare isn't doing as well as it should. First, you can't just sign up when you want. If you get cancer right now, you can't sign up until November when open enrollment begins. Second, prior to Obamacare, insurance companies could drop you if you got sick, that is bullshit. Third, the fix to Obamacare is to allow companies to have plans statewide, rather then silo them by county. That and a few other tweaks and it will be just fine.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

You claim to have solved the preexisting condition issue through a magical and unsubstantiated combination of charity, endowment and tax dollars and then bemoan the substance of the counter-arguments? RaceBannonFS.

You have a separate insurance pool for pre existing conditions and supplement it with Medicaid, tax dollars, and you have a pool for those to choose the insurance they want either through their employer or themselves at a much lower rate than is required to cover everyone for everything, which is what is bringing Obamacare to its deserved death.

It eliminates the need for the mandate as well.

That is more than anyone has brought up here.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

Pre existing conditions clause has nothing to do with why Obamacare isn't doing as well as it should. First, you can't just sign up when you want. If you get cancer right now, you can't sign up until November when open enrollment begins. Second, prior to Obamacare, insurance companies could drop you if you got sick, that is bullshit. Third, the fix to Obamacare is to allow companies to have plans statewide, rather then silo them by county. That and a few other tweaks and it will be just fine.

7 years and none of these minor tweaks are anywhere to be seen and it is collapsing under its weight.

More bullshit like the bullshit when it was passed
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    doogie said:

why yes. Yes it is.

No. It isn't.

But go suck a cock and tell everyone it's the same as eating pussy.
  • Options
    Cirrhosis has no cure. You're walking dead.

So, why do you care?
  • Options
    Intersectional_DawgIntersectional_Dawg Member Posts: 524
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

You have a separate insurance pool for pre existing conditions and supplement it with Medicaid, tax dollars, and you have a pool for those to choose the insurance they want either through their employer or themselves at a much lower rate than is required to cover everyone for everything, which is what is bringing Obamacare to its deserved death.

It eliminates the need for the mandate as well.

That is more than anyone has brought up here.
    Rolling back the pre-existing conditions clause -- already a bullshit linguistic formulation -- has nothing to do with providing health care. It's pure Scroogian ideology.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

2001400ex said:

7 years and none of these minor tweaks are anywhere to be seen and it is collapsing under its weight.

More bullshit like the bullshit when it was passed
    It's collapsing under its own weight just like you said it would crater the economy.

HTH
  • Options
    Why do you hate options and choices?
  • Options

You clearly believe that hospitals are hoarding piles of cash that should be looted. So you're just as lefty as me or Hondo.

For you, it just seems to depend on whose ox is being gored. I don't necessarily agree that we should liquidate charitable endowments to provide care. That seems like the proverbial "eating the seed corn."
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AZDuck said:

You clearly believe that hospitals are hoarding piles of cash that should be looted. So you're just as lefty as me or Hondo.

For you, it just seems to depend on whose ox is being gored. I don't necessarily agree that we should liquidate charitable endowments to provide care. That seems like the proverbial "eating the seed corn."

Hospitals have those endowments and charities for exactly the purpose I mention. They do it now, they did it before Obama care
  • Options
    Which brings up another point: since we've proven Government can run healthcare better than Hospital Foundations, why not just seize all the foundation money so everyone can enjoy unlimited healthcare.