Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Shocking turn of events in London

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

dnc said:

Turns out the attacker was...Muslim?

Never saw that coming.

Khalid Masood

Mods?
    You can go blind replying to yourself like that.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

When I was in London over the past week, I ventured over to a beer fest out in Bethnel Green which is an East End neighborhood where a lot of the lower income housing is. It's one thing to read in the paper about the abundance of veils in Europre these days; it's another thing to see it in person.

I'm sure the veils were scary.
    Yes, very scary. When I see the veils and burkas at my local Target in Northgate I get very scared and terrified as well.
    Shaking and about to vomit.
    Looks like we got a case of reciprocal whoooooshing going on here I suppose.

To clarify: veils don't scare me, rather I was simply offering an observation about walking around the back streets of a borough in London where there is an abundance of Muslim residents. In this case 50% of the population in that borough.
    I walked through a Muslim Temple in India. Where it was 100% of people Muslim and everyone praying to Allah and in awe of the temple. They come from all over India to visit that Temple, it's a big deal to them and we had a crazy trek just to get there, we swapped vehicles like 3 times. We had to take off our shoes as pay someone 100 rupees to watch them (like $2 at the time). We also walked around the area some in the process. Would you rather walk around there or stroll through some neighborhoods in South Central LA?
    Sounds like you were in a Sikh temple. Muslims pray in mosques.
    SHHHHHHH,,,, It's Hondo's fantasy.

Leave him be.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

AlCzervik said:
    Lol yea those worldwide IRA attacks are getting out of hand.
    Check your facts.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,487
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I like the new 24 Legacy where Dr Dre is the bad ass and Jamal and his band of terrorists pissed off a drug gang and paid for it bigly.

No wonder Hondo is scared of South Central
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

When I was in London over the past week, I ventured over to a beer fest out in Bethnel Green which is an East End neighborhood where a lot of the lower income housing is. It's one thing to read in the paper about the abundance of veils in Europre these days; it's another thing to see it in person.

Yes, very scary. When I see the veils and burkas at my local Target in Northgate I get very scared and terrified as well.

To clarify: veils don't scare me, rather I was simply offering an observation about walking around the back streets of a borough in London where there is an abundance of Muslim residents. In this case 50% of the population in that borough.
    I walked through a Muslim Temple in India. Where it was 100% of people Muslim and everyone praying to Allah and in awe of the temple. They come from all over India to visit that Temple, it's a big deal to them and we had a crazy trek just to get there, we swapped vehicles like 3 times. We had to take off our shoes as pay someone 100 rupees to watch them (like $2 at the time). We also walked around the area some in the process. Would you rather walk around there or stroll through some neighborhoods in South Central LA?
    This is a silly question. Were in the same scenario as you describe I would not have felt scared in the least. But I can also guarantee you that the majority of those worshipers would have held illiberal world views that I loathe and that's really the crux of the matter. Islam is a "traditional" culture forced to come to grips with the modern world in a very short period of time. It took the Christian West centuries and a hell of a lot of bloodshed to "modernize" itself. How successful Islam will be with this project remains to be seen.
    It's the fucked up culture in the middle East, not the religion itself. Yes there are wackos that kill in he name of Allah. But there is a billion other peaceful Muslims in the world. Just like the are wacko Christians. Wacko atheists, etc.
    This dude never lived in the middle East.
    Do I have to go over the children in Iraq laughing and playing soccer, but using live puppies as the ball again.

They don't give a fuck about life.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    But what about RELIGION as a WHOLE!!1
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited March 2017

AlCzervik said:
    Check your facts.
    When that movie came out Tom Clancy said in an interview that he cried when he read the script and saw what they'd done to his book. Very quickly the Paramount execs had a nice quiet chat with him about whether or not he wanted them to keep making movies out of his increasingly shitty books, and the next day he sang its praises.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

This is a silly question. Were in the same scenario as you describe I would not have felt scared in the least. But I can also guarantee you that the majority of those worshipers would have held illiberal world views that I loathe and that's really the crux of the matter. Islam is a "traditional" culture forced to come to grips with the modern world in a very short period of time. It took the Christian West centuries and a hell of a lot of bloodshed to "modernize" itself. How successful Islam will be with this project remains to be seen.
    It's the fucked up culture in the middle East, not the religion itself. Yes there are wackos that kill in he name of Allah. But there is a billion other peaceful Muslims in the world. Just like the are wacko Christians. Wacko atheists, etc.
    If you believe in a book written by an 8th century perverted warlord murderer which instructs you to kill and enslave the infidel, abuse women and stone them for being raped, kill Christians, Buddhists, Hindus, gays and lesbians, fuck boys, goats and camels, you are not peaceful. HTFH.
  • Options
    tenndawgtenndawg Member Posts: 1,161
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    BearsWiin said:

AlCzervik said:
    Check your facts.
    Tom Clancy said...he cried when he read the script
    Drippy cunted faggot
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    BearsWiin said:

AlCzervik said:
    Check your facts.
    When that movie came out Tom Clancy said in an interview that he cried when he read the script and saw what they'd done to his book. Very quickly the Paramount execs had a nice quiet chat with him about whether or not he wanted them to keep making movies out of his increasingly shitty books, and the next day he sang its praises.
    Yes, yes, but what was Polly Walker Atia of Julii like on set?
  • Options
    tenndawg said:

BearsWiin said:

AlCzervik said:
    Check your facts.
    Tom Clancy said...he cried when he read the script
    Drippy cunted faggot
    Your supposed to take him seriously but not literally
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,487
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BearsWiin said:

AlCzervik said:
    Check your facts.
    Was he hot?
  • Options

BearsWiin said:

AlCzervik said:
    Check your facts.
    Yes, yes, but what was Polly Walker Atia of Julii like on set?
    If I'd ever worked with her, I'd have said something about it by now. Several times.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited March 2017
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Without hesitation, I'd rather walk through South Central (and have walked through South Central) than many parts of India, and many parts of London. Oh yes.

I got a very quick peek at some of the Muslim slums on the outskirts of Paris ... the places you don't see when you visit. Those places are absolutely fucking scary. We don't have to argue about it; go there for a visit and see for yourself. Just don't go alone and without someone who knows how to get in and out of places quickly w/o getting lost.

If you axed me whether I'd rather walk through Liberty City in Miami, I might hesitate for a minute and pick the India place. But the wrong hood in London or Paris ... that is another matter entirely.

PS: I'm not exactly a right winger either, so don't write off my response to ideology. That ain't it.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    South Central isn't even that scary. I've spent time in Jordan Downs and Imperial Gardens and never felt the least bit scurred.