Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Wednesday Pole

Comments

• dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    Never owned a CD: I'm a spoiled millenial who deserves AIDS
    And proud of it
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,792
    Never owned a CD: I'm a spoiled millenial who deserves AIDS
    Every CD I listened to as a kid was something my parents bought... didn't buy my own music until middle school and by then iPod's and iTunes had become a thing. So yes, I'm a faggy millennial who deserves AIDS.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    95 or beyond: FML I suck

Mosster47 said:

I got Pearl Jam Ten with a Sony Discman for Christmas in 1991.

That album felt epic at the time but looking back it's really good but not great.
    Really? I like to talk as much chit about PJ as anyone but Jeremy, Alive, and Even Flow are great songs and Black is still one of the best songs ever. I can't think of a song on the album that doesn't hold up.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228
    Don't remember - I've smoked too much weed since then.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,067 Standard Supporter
    Before 1987: my two dads gave me everything I wanted, chin exchange for cocksucking
    Right after they invented them!
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    8 track or die
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,442 Founders Club

8 track or die

First time I heard Whos Next was on 8 track
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,274 Founders Club

8 track or die

I had half the "albums" in the cowbell poll, as well as a number of the write ins, on 8 track, and vinyl. Bought my first CD player (Denon) in 1988 and a CD copy of Dark Side of the Moon to compare to a master recording on heavy vinyl. Close enough call to switch to CD's.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,934 Founders Club
    93-94: I am usually late, and I don't mean fashionably late

I grew up listening to my sister's Beatles albums and my brother's superior collection of bands like Cream

The first album I bought was Led Zeppelin 2 because I had saved enough money to buy a stereo and we'd get high and listen to Whole Lotta Love where the bridge would go between the speakers.

I thought that was the height of technology and we'd never see better

Led Zeppelin II was the first LP I ever remember hearing on my Dad's turntable in the mid 80's. Interestingly enough, almost all the late 60's and early 70's pressing of Zeppelin II sounded like shit- i.e., muddy and the frequencies on the bass and guitar distortion are very compressed. A guy named Robert Ludwig mastered the album originally and he cut it really "hot" meaning the bass, drums, and guitar frequencies weren't dialed back at all. Problem was most turntables of the day were shit and couldn't track those frequencies- i.e., the stylus would literally jump out of the groove. So after the first 100,000 copies or so were pressed, Atlantic got wind of the issue, and had the album re-mastered but they overcompensated and made it sound like crap. I have a pretty high end turntable - which is a very relative term in hi-fi circles - than can handle a record that's mastered "hot" and have listened to one of these early pressings, and it's night and day between the later ones. Seriously the best sounding Zeppelin that you'll ever hear!!

8 track or die

I had half the "albums" in the cowbell poll, as well as a number of the write ins, on 8 track, and vinyl. Bought my first CD player (Denon) in 1988 and a CD copy of Dark Side of the Moon to compare to a master recording on heavy vinyl. Close enough call to switch to CD's.
    It's think it's tricky in most scenarios to get the comparison of CD to vinyl right. In the 80's, a decent CD player probably sounded better to many ears than a lot of the shitty turn tables of the day. But these days, dollar for dollar, a turn table should beat CD most of the time. If you have, say, a $1500 turn table going against a similar priced disc player, the vinyl will win so long as it was well mastered and in good condition. But a $2000 or $3000 CD player will beat the crap out of a cheaper $200 or $300 turntable, like the kind you see a lot of hipsters buying today.
  • Bad_MotherDuckerBad_MotherDucker Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,321 Swaye's Wigwam
    1990-92: my two dads were middle class liberal lumberjacks who would smash your face in
    The look on my 2 dad's faces when I played the first track was priceless

RIP Easy E. Too much full blown AIDS from smothering mothers and making sisters think he lover her.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346

I grew up listening to my sister's Beatles albums and my brother's superior collection of bands like Cream

The first album I bought was Led Zeppelin 2 because I had saved enough money to buy a stereo and we'd get high and listen to Whole Lotta Love where the bridge would go between the speakers.

I thought that was the height of technology and we'd never see better

Thread was about CDs you old fucker.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,824
    I don't remember what the first one I bought was as I would get them in blocks back when Columbia House was stupid enough to send you 10 CDS and then expect you to buy like 3 more at full price. I used like 3 fake names at the same address before they finally got wise to me.

Coo story huh?
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    salemcoog said:

I don't remember what the first one I bought was as I would get them in blocks back when Columbia House was stupid enough to send you 10 CDS and then expect you to buy like 3 more at full price. I used like 3 fake names at the same address before they finally got wise to me.

Coo story huh?

thud
  • Bad_MotherDuckerBad_MotherDucker Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,321 Swaye's Wigwam
    1990-92: my two dads were middle class liberal lumberjacks who would smash your face in

RIP Easy E. Too much full blown AIDS from smothering mothers and making sisters think he lover her.
    I heard Eazy ate a big fat dick. Staff, true?

https://youtu.be/Jj4GuRqhNBo
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    95 or beyond: FML I suck

I heard Eazy ate a big fat dick. Staff, true?

https://youtu.be/Jj4GuRqhNBo
    My second favorite dis track of all tim.

This one will never be topped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41qC3w3UUkU