Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Richie Incognito update

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

At first, I thought Martin was just a huge pussy (he still is to an extent)

Once on Dawgman on one of the 9/11 anniversaries (never forget), I wrote that I wished every American soldier in Iraq would die (sorry Mike). And I think you're an asshole.
    Abundance. Incognito is a terrible person and Martin is somewhat of a pussy. Bullies like Incognito thrive on weakness.

Jesus dude. He was allegedly suicidal, potentially a drug addict, called a "half-nigger", and extorted. He was clearly dealing with serious issues beyond his control.
    That selfish bastard.

• Options

I think as a culture we have given way too much power to words. That's a big part of our internet trolling, to demystify and take the power away from unclassy and horrible speech. My two parents always told me sticks and stones could break my bones but words could never hurt me.

Of course words can be hurtful but the point is to not be a pussy about it and to break some fucking bones if need be in return.

We told our kids, who had been partially raised by a single mom, but at this point two parents, well one and a half because I was a shitty dad, that if someone called them a nigger that person was the fuck head and who cares what some fuck head thinks.

We got called to our daughter's middle school and were told she was being suspended for punching a boy. We asked why and the boy had called her a nigger. I told the school that it sounds like they resolved the issue and neither one should get in trouble. They ended up agreeing with me.

We always felt there were far more damaging instances of racism than words, and we taught that there is no excuse for not succeeding and that sticks and stones can break your bones but words can never hurt you.

America is pussy land. I blame facebook.

Where Incognito crossed the line was his actions, not his words. In a locker room you can call fellow players all sorts of shit that the world would find shocking and offensive. Its not unlike this board

FB is the symptom, not the disease.

• Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

Once on Dawgman on one of the 9/11 anniversaries (never forget), I wrote that I wished every American soldier in Iraq would die (sorry Mike). And I think you're an asshole.
    Abundance. Incognito is a terrible person and Martin is somewhat of a pussy. Bullies like Incognito thrive on weakness.

Man I don't know what fairly take you grew up in. This media creation of the bully that thrives on weakness and all you gotta do is puff out your chest and get tough with him is bullshit. This is real life. Not a movie. Not a movie. Not a movie. We talkin bout real life.

I don't know why Jonathan Martin didn't stand up to him. Maybe he thought he'd get his ass kicked. Maybe he's a grown up that realizes fighting is childish. Maybe he thought he was doing the manly thing. Taking it. Eating all the shit Incognito gave him. Whatever the reason was doesn't make him a pussy. Unless Martin was purposely doing things to piss off Incognito and then trying to play the victim, he was just a man trying to get through a shitty situation until it broke him.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
  • Options

I think as a culture we have given way too much power to words. That's a big part of our internet trolling, to demystify and take the power away from unclassy and horrible speech. My two parents always told me sticks and stones could break my bones but words could never hurt me.

Of course words can be hurtful but the point is to not be a pussy about it and to break some fucking bones if need be in return.

We told our kids, who had been partially raised by a single mom, but at this point two parents, well one and a half because I was a shitty dad, that if someone called them a nigger that person was the fuck head and who cares what some fuck head thinks.

We got called to our daughter's middle school and were told she was being suspended for punching a boy. We asked why and the boy had called her a nigger. I told the school that it sounds like they resolved the issue and neither one should get in trouble. They ended up agreeing with me.

We always felt there were far more damaging instances of racism than words, and we taught that there is no excuse for not succeeding and that sticks and stones can break your bones but words can never hurt you.

Where Incognito crossed the line was his actions, not his words. In a locker room you can call fellow players all sorts of shit that the world would find shocking and offensive. Its not unlike this board

Just so we are clear, did your daughter punch that kid because he called her a nigger or because she had spent time with a single mom? Was it racism or not having her dad around?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,167
    Swaye's Wigwam

Just so we are clear, did your daughter punch that kid because he called her a nigger or because she had spent time with a single mom? Was it racism or not having her dad around?
    It was implied
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,167
    Swaye's Wigwam

It was implied
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Man I don't know what fairly take you grew up in. This media creation of the bully that thrives on weakness and all you gotta do is puff out your chest and get tough with him is bullshit. This is real life. Not a movie. Not a movie. Not a movie. We talkin bout real life.

I don't know why Jonathan Martin didn't stand up to him. Maybe he thought he'd get his ass kicked. Maybe he's a grown up that realizes fighting is childish. Maybe he thought he was doing the manly thing. Taking it. Eating all the shit Incognito gave him. Whatever the reason was doesn't make him a pussy. Unless Martin was purposely doing things to piss off Incognito and then trying to play the victim, he was just a man trying to get through a shitty situation until it broke him.
    All that would make perfect fucking sense if we were talking about a computer programmer. We are talking about a hulking human being who is playing the ROUGHEST FUCKING SPORT ON THE PLANET (MMA isn't a sport; it's a spectacle of people willing to bleed for money), with and against the toughest, most aggressive, law-abiding (most of the time) people on the planet. I'd put any guy not a QB or kicker who was tough enough to play in the NFL up against anyone.

In that context, it is, in fact, odd that someone would not stand up for themselves. He's a paid modern-day gladiator.

I hear you and understand you're trying to be reasonable, but you really gotta consider the context. He's an NFL offensive lineman.
  • Options

All that would make perfect fucking sense if we were talking about a computer programmer. We are talking about a hulking human being who is playing the ROUGHEST FUCKING SPORT ON THE PLANET (MMA isn't a sport; it's a spectacle of people willing to bleed for money), with and against the toughest, most aggressive, law-abiding (most of the time) people on the planet. I'd put any guy not a QB or kicker who was tough enough to play in the NFL up against anyone.

In that context, it is, in fact, odd that someone would not stand up for themselves. He's a paid modern-day gladiator.

I hear you and understand you're trying to be reasonable, but you really gotta consider the context. He's an NFL offensive lineman.
    So he's a paid modern day gladiator/pussy.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2013

This isn't a meek little midget getting fucked with on the back of the bus by some bigger kids. Martin is 6'5" 312 pounds and a grown man. How many guys in the league would let someone fuck with them to that point? Why wasn't Mike Pouncey fucked with as much? He's from the same draft class as Martin. I'm going to guess he wouldn't have put up with that shit.

In the land of the NFL, Martin is soft. You can say it's a meathead culture, and you are probably right, but that's what a lot of players and executives are thinking as well. CreepyCoug had a good point about Kreutz, Kennedy, etc. They would never have put up with this shit. I doubt many linemen in the NFL would. Let's see who wants Martin after this. My guess is nobody, because he's going to continue to get fucked with because he's an easy target in a culture that thrives on weakness.

Martin is getting made out to be a martyr by people like you and the media. Nobody is saying Incognito isn't a dickhead, but this shit does not happen to an NFL player unless they are soft. There are better way to handle issues than storming out in the middle of the week before a game. That's part of being a grown man. I understand he has personal issues, but I'm sure many other people in that organization do as well, and they don't storm out.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2013
    The racist stuff in Incognito's voice message is troubling and uncalled for, but the rest of it is all a joke. Let's be real, do you think Martin was actually worried Incognito was going to shit in his mouth or slap his mother? I'm reading comments on these stories and some people are so FS. Not everything is meant to be taken literally. If Incognito said he was going to fuck him in the ass, people would call him a rapist. I also wonder why Martin would save all these things unless he was planning something like this all along? You couldn't handle it any worse than Martin.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

The racist stuff in Incognito's voice message is troubling and uncalled for, but the rest of it is all a joke. Let's be real, do you think Martin was actually worried Incognito was going to shit in his mouth or slap his mother? I'm reading comments on these stories and some people are so FS. Not everything is meant to be taken literally. If Incognito said he was going to fuck him in the ass, people would call him a rapist. I also wonder why Martin would save all these things unless he was planning something like this all along? You couldn't handle it any worse than Martin.

Completely agree. If he had not use the racial slur (which he shouldn't have) then this wouldn't be nearly as big of a story with the media right now. The death "threat" was too much as well.

I have see some hazings before that are much worse than anything Incognito did, the slur elevated it much further than it should have gone.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2013
    It's becoming more and more evident Martin is Charmin soft. Mike Pouncey said Martin has considered quitting football many times before finally storming out.

Props to Martin. I think he is outsmarting them. He is getting what he wanted all along. A way to get his money (He will by lawsuit) and not having to play football to get it.

http://nfl.si.com/2013/11/06/richie-incognito-honorary-black-man-miami-dolphins-jonathan-martin/?sct=hp_t2_a1&eref=sihp
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

It's becoming more and more evident Martin is Charmin soft. Mike Pouncey said Martin has considered quitting football many times before finally storming out.

Props to Martin. I think he is outsmarting them. He is getting what he wanted all along. A way to get his money (He will by lawsuit) and not having to play football to get it.

http://nfl.si.com/2013/11/06/richie-incognito-honorary-black-man-miami-dolphins-jonathan-martin/?sct=hp_t2_a1&eref=sihp

Lol this article just goes to show you this is more about the left playing the race card than it is "bullying".
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited November 2013

dnc said:

Is part of the Dolphins six player "Leadership Council".

LOL

Figures he's a Suck.

really?
  • Options

Who among us has never been called an honorary black man? I mean besides DJ.
  • Options
    To Road Dawgs point if both Martin and Incognito were to be released who would you rather the Seahawks pick up? I think anyone who cares about winning would say Incognito.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

To Road Dawgs point if both Martin and Incognito were to be released who would you rather the Seahawks pick up? I think anyone who cares about winning would say Incognito.

What the fuck has Incognito ever won?