Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Richie Incognito update

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
edited November 2013 in Tug Tavern
Is part of the Dolphins six player "Leadership Council".

LOL

Kinda sounds like Olin Kreutz 2.0, minus the dominance.

Link

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2013
    I've been really intrigued by this story. At first, I thought Martin was just a huge pussy (he still is to an extent), but Incognito is just a terrible person. Did you see what Incognito's dad posted on the Dolphins board? It's on deadspin, and he says Martin and Pouncey are drug addicts, Philbin should die of aids, rap music uses n****** so it's not wrong, etc. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

I'm interested if anyone will touch Martin. He's going to been seen as soft by every team, and the players will have a field day with him. He made the wrong move by walking out and quitting.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Testing 1
    edited November 2013
    Huh? What would happen if Martin, a 2nd year, confronted this psychopath who was apparently on the Dolphins' leadership council? In a team culture that expects rookies to foot $30,000 bills and extort others for $15,000 trips to Las Vegas, a confrontation might not be the answer.

Furthermore if Martin actually contemplated suicide and people knew about it, Incognito is an absolutely despicable human being.

I'm trying to find possible resolutions that don't involve Martin leaving the team but can't think of many. IMO he was backed in a corner by not only Incognito but a deplorable team culture.
  • Options
    Also it would be awesome if every Half Brain started making fake handles with matching birthdays of parents of potential light rod players. Manziel, Honey Badger, etc. Then when shit hits the fan start making ridiculous claims about everything. One can dream.
  • Options
    DonLosDonLos Member Posts: 17
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic
    Clearly not a purist. If he cared about tradition at all he would have hit him in the eye with a bag of coins.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2013
    Incognito is a terrible person, but in a culture like the NFL, you gotta stand up for yourself. You are kidding yourselves if you think the abuse will stop. Jim Trotter said all six NFL players and execs he spoke to all thought Martin should have handled this face to face or at least tried. He will never hear the end of this for his whole career and I bet guys will go even harder at him in the locker room because of it.

http://nfl.si.com/2013/11/04/richie-incognito-suspended-miami-dolphins-jonathan-martin/?sct=hp_t2_a4&eref=sihp

I am glad Incognito is getting what he deserves, but the whole organization is a mess. They let it go way too fucking far and didn't do anything to stop it until it was too late.
  • Options
    Oct. 2004 Dismissed from Oregon football program after transferring to school in September

That's all that needed to be said...............

Just more ammo to use to piss off Quooks.
  • Options

Incognito is a terrible person, but in a culture like the NFL, you gotta stand up for yourself. You are kidding yourselves if you think the abuse will stop. Jim Trotter said all six NFL players and execs he spoke to all thought Martin should have handled this face to face or at least tried. He will never hear the end of this for his whole career and I bet guys will go even harder at him in the locker room because of it.

http://nfl.si.com/2013/11/04/richie-incognito-suspended-miami-dolphins-jonathan-martin/?sct=hp_t2_a4&eref=sihp

I am glad Incognito is getting what he deserves, but the whole organization is a mess. They let it go way too fucking far and didn't do anything to stop it until it was too late.

There is a reason why this franchise has been irrelevant since Dan Marino retired. I could never picture this happening in the Patriots, Steelers, Ravens, Colts, Eagles, Seahawks and GIants organizations.

The fact those voice mails happened in April and they are just now finally doing something about it tells you a lot about the organization.

Reminds me when Cam Cleeland had his career ruined by a bunch of thugs for his rookie "hazing" with the Saints who were at the time a terrible franchise as well.

These losers wonder why they are losers. No leadership at all in the organization.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    This thing is just ugly from every angle.
  • Options
    death2ducksdeath2ducks Member Posts: 991
    5 Up Votes First Comment Testing 1 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2013
    dnc said:

LOL

I heard it's because he said he was on the Student Council in High School. WTF is a Leadership Council?

The NFL REALLY cares about its image. Incognito is fucked. Eugene is one of the most racist places I've ever experienced. Figures he's a Suck.

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited November 2013

LOL

I heard it's because he said he was on the Student Council in High School. WTF is a Leadership Council?

The NFL REALLY cares about its image. Incognito is fucked. Eugene is one of the most racist places I've ever experienced. Figures he's a Suck.
    First off, welcome to our message boards. You're about to enter lively forums centered around Husky Football. We're looking to create a place where people can relax and say what's on their mind. The majority of posters are very passionate about Husky Football and that will show itself in the types of dialogue featured here. The best advice might be to lurk awhile and get acclimated to the environment before posting. Given a little time, you may even "get it" and really come to enjoy this place. But probably not.

If you have any questions or concerns at all, feel free to send IrishDawg22 a personal message. He has this place dialed in.

Thanks.

• Options
    death2ducksdeath2ducks Member Posts: 991
    5 Up Votes First Comment Testing 1 5 Awesomes
    First off, welcome to our message boards. You're about to enter lively forums centered around Husky Football. We're looking to create a place where people can relax and say what's on their mind. The majority of posters are very passionate about Husky Football and that will show itself in the types of dialogue featured here. The best advice might be to lurk awhile and get acclimated to the environment before posting. Given a little time, you may even "get it" and really come to enjoy this place. But probably not.

If you have any questions or concerns at all, feel free to send IrishDawg22 a personal message. He has this place dialed in.

Thanks.

If I wanted your unsolicited fucking personal advice, I'd have stayed a doogman. Maybe you didn't see the "Go fuck yourself on my sig line? Does the c stand for cunt?
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

At first, I thought Martin was just a huge pussy (he still is to an extent)

Once on Dawgman on one of the 9/11 anniversaries (never forget), I wrote that I wished every American soldier in Iraq would die (sorry Mike). And I think you're an asshole.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Great announcement as always.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,906
    Founders Club

Once on Dawgman on one of the 9/11 anniversaries (never forget), I wrote that I wished every American soldier in Iraq would die (sorry Mike). And I think you're an asshole.
    Huh?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Abundance. Incognito is a terrible person and Martin is somewhat of a pussy. Bullies like Incognito thrive on weakness.

• Options

Abundance. Incognito is a terrible person and Martin is somewhat of a pussy. Bullies like Incognito thrive on weakness.

Jesus dude. He was allegedly suicidal, potentially a drug addict, called a "half-nigger", and extorted. He was clearly dealing with serious issues beyond his control.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,860
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    The good natured hazing seems fine ( making a guy get a bad haircut, making him carry a helmet, making him wear girls backpack etc.). Obviously Incognito took it 5 notches too far.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Jesus dude. He was allegedly suicidal, potentially a drug addict, called a "half-nigger", and extorted. He was clearly dealing with serious issues beyond his control.
    We should feel bad for him because he is a drug addict and possibly suicidal because of his addiction?

This story is fucked but I am somewhat curious to hear the other side of the story. All we have heard so far is the Martin side, yet for some reason a couple other of the black players on the Dolphins aren't ripping Incognito like you would think. I don't think Incognito should play another snap given his history but I also think Martin could have figured this out internally instead of stomping off and crying.