Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Fuller/McGrew

Tequilla was upset that I think Fuller is a solid player who could either be an impact #2 WR or a role playing 4/5. It's hard to take a firm stance because there is a very real chance the three incoming WR's will be better.

It got me thinking about McGrew. I feel the same about McGrew. I loved McGrew's film. He's a weapon.

That said, Chico isn't going anywhere and we are pretty stacked at RB. It's going to be hard for him to have a huge role.

Ahmed is likely better too and I think he initially is starting in the similar Chico role although a move to RB would not be a surprise. It probably eventually will happen.

It's a good thing. Good players are going to have a tough time getting carries and targets.

Ross is a big loss, but we should be markedly better on offense next year.

The only ptsd doogish negative in my head is we get too complicated trying to appease all the weapons.

Comments

• NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,792

The only ptsd doogish negative in my head is we get too complicated trying to appease all the weapons.

Passing game should be fine in that regard. Browning's stats will probably be about the same, maybe slightly better. Ross was a huge volume of the offense last year, without him there will be more production from other weapons. Pettis' stats were 53-822-15, that should bump up to something more like 80-1300-17 without a true #2 WR ready on the roster (presumably, unless one of the freshmen blows up). The rest of the receiving production should get spread around well enough.

I kind of agree at RB though. The Gaskin/Coleman 1-2 punch should stay the same and account for like 90% of the meaningful RB snaps, so unless McGrew/Ahmed emerge as a game-changing receiver out of the backfield, those guys along with Dotson will have to be content with getting their mouths fed in the 2nd halves of blowout games. I lean towards thinking Ahmed redshirts because of this, unless he's even better than we thought and already as good as Gaskin/Coleman.
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,971
    Passion said:

When Gaskin and Coleman leave after this year (assuming Gaskin does) McGrew and Ahmed will be our running backs with Ahmed being the primary RB.

Also curious what Kamari Pleasant will do. People lauded him as a guy that was hugely under-recruited.
    Agreed. Pleasant has size and can fly. I like Ahmed and McGrew at KR to start.

No way Pettis puts up those numbers especially as the team is likely to commit to the run more and more options in the passing game.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    AEB said:

Passion said:

When Gaskin and Coleman leave after this year (assuming Gaskin does) McGrew and Ahmed will be our running backs with Ahmed being the primary RB.

Also curious what Kamari Pleasant will do. People lauded him as a guy that was hugely under-recruited.

No way Pettis puts up those numbers especially as the team is likely to commit to the run more and more options in the passing game.
    Yo forget that @Babushka is our OC. He will abandon the run, and will chuck it all day.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

AEB said:

Passion said:

Yo forget that @Babushka is our OC. He will abandon the run, and will chuck it all day.
    The 5 WR empty backfield package is in one of Smith's notebooks somewhere.

Hopefully he knows that it is the death penalty if Big Brother Pete catches him with it.
  • ThumpThump Member Posts: 793

AEB said:

Passion said:

Hopefully he knows that it is the death penalty if Big Brother Pete catches him with it.
    I hope he doesn't know, and that Pete does catch him with it.
    Thump said:

AEB said:

Passion said:

Anyone that has read 1984 knows that everyone committing thought crime gets caught eventually.

#BigBrotherIsWatchingYou
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

Thump said:

AEB said:

Passion said:

Anyone that has read 1984 knows that everyone committing thought crime gets caught eventually.

#BigBrotherIsWatchingYou
    lol at this libfascist queer talking about 1984. It's the bible of his movement.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419

I hope to be pleasantly surprised by Kamari

sigh

Thump said:

AEB said:

Passion said:

#BigBrotherIsWatchingYou
    lol at this libfascist queer talking about 1984. It's the bible of his movement.
    Actually the bible of my movement is Blood Meridian.