Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Washington Football: ROADDAWG weighs in on Washington-Alabama Game

Hardcore_HuskyHardcore_Husky Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 302
Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
edited January 2017 in Hardcore Husky Board

imageWashington Football: ROADDAWG weighs in on Washington-Alabama Game

Hardcore Husky's favorite Asian poster weighs in with some thoughts on
today's game.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Trophy not phallic enough.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Agree with most, but sticking to my guns on the poor play calling. Smith is a cancer, and piling up stats on shitty teams didn't help UW execute in the crunch, when they needed it most. Stats arguments obscure the make or break plays that kept the dawgs from being a lot better on offense. Think Saban's ever satisfied with his O or D? That's what makes champions.

I thought I made it clear the playcalling fucked us and that I don't love Petersen's offensive philosophy. There is a grey area though, and I recognize how much growth the offense showed this season, to the surprise of many of us here.

I wish Smith was long gone, but it's not all doom and gloom.
  • Options
    tenndawgtenndawg Member Posts: 1,161
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Little Nicky sure wanted that golden mushroom head trophy...
  • Options
    Crimsonite1Crimsonite1 Member Posts: 98
    Name Dropper 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I'll leave you with one thought. An ESPN analyst just made a comment that made me spit out my beer laughing. Went something like: Scarbrough ran through more Huskies than the Iditarod! ROTFLMMFAO!
  • Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Fire smith. Make that fucker walk the yard
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Fire smith. Make that fucker walk home

• Options
    Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,648
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    How significant was Tedford to the offensive turnaround from last season the the first half of this season? It seems once the training wheels were removed (when he left about the time of the USC game) the offensive production become much more sporadic. Except for the the TD pass to Pettis, Browning was making a mess in his pants. I think much of the blame for the offense is Smith, which ultimately means Petersen. I hope this inaugural CFP berth shows Petersen he needs to replace Smith.
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    Tequilla said:

It's easy to tell the people that watched the game in person versus those that watched it from home based on their comments about the passing game ...

I don't care what was called today ... guys weren't open.

If you can't understand WHY we struggled offensively today, where it starts, and the attributes that contribute to it, then it's way too easy to just sit back and say "the play calling sucks"

Fuck I'm agreeing way to much with Teq tonight. It's like he's sharing just the right amount of information or something.
  • Options
    Crimsonite1Crimsonite1 Member Posts: 98
    Name Dropper 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I'll leave you with one thought. An ESPN analyst just made a comment that made me spit out my beer laughing. Went something like: Scarbrough ran through more Huskies than the Iditarod! ROTFLMMFAO!

Literally makes no sense.
    You must be an idiot.
  • Options
    WoofWoof Member Posts: 769
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

You must be an idiot.

Leave!
  • Options
    Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,648
    Tequilla said:

It's easy to tell the people that watched the game in person versus those that watched it from home based on their comments about the passing game ...

If you can't understand WHY we struggled offensively today, where it starts, and the attributes that contribute to it, then it's way too easy to just sit back and say "the play calling sucks"

I watched from home. So enlighten us. Smith did nothing to establish the run game. We became one-dimensional, playing to the strength of the top rated defense. Except for the TD pass to Pettis, it looked to me that Browning and Ross didn't trust the play calling and tried to force things. I think this team needs: new OC, a real QB, OL depth, and improved special teams, especially punting. Watching Bama's punter reminded me of James' teams. Maybe a new HC is needed since Petersen is not comfortable having a "target on his back." I want a tough minded brawler with the intelligence of Peteresen as HC. Besides the defense, the team is too soft. It was a great season. But to truly become elite again is going to take more than a PR (purple reign, the pursuit, etc.) campaign.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,756
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Having considered your points, there is but one conclusion: The play calling sucks.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Shit poast; and you're best effort.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

Tequilla said:

I watched from home. So enlighten us. Smith did nothing to establish the run game. We became one-dimensional, playing to the strength of the top rated defense. Except for the TD pass to Pettis, it looked to me that Browning and Ross didn't trust the play calling and tried to force things. I think this team needs: new OC, a real QB, OL depth, and improved special teams, especially punting. Watching Bama's punter reminded me of James' teams. Maybe a new HC is needed since Petersen is not comfortable having a "target on his back." I want a tough minded brawler with the intelligence of Peteresen as HC. Besides the defense, the team is too soft. It was a great season. But to truly become elite again is going to take more than a PR (purple reign, the pursuit, etc.) campaign.
    You should probably put the bong down.