Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Rondeau post game comment

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

koopdog said:

koopdog said:

Ok, fine. Top three

But I have a hard time saying he's the best qb in the conference when he struggles with the blitz against a mediocre Utah squad. That was a pretty bad pick, and unlike some of the other guys he doesn't have the ability to will the team to a win by himself.

He's in the top three in the State of Washington.

Haven't seen CWU play.
    @koopdog

Put UW in the Louisville Clemson game and tell me that Browning makes the plays that Watson and Jackson made to keep their teams in the game.

I would even take Falk over him. Probably Darnold, despite the turnovers.
    Brother, I don't know, because he hasn't been put in that position yet. I think he's really, really, really good. I'll go with Browning. Look at the quantum leap in his development since last year. Next year? We'll see. We are a year ahead of what I thought would happen.
    We must not be watching the same game. He's alright, certainly in the top 15 in the country. But elite? Idk man.
    I honestly believe if he's not now, he will be. His development is off the charts. Put that together with his competitive streak and his accuracy which is empirical, and his ability to evade the pocket rush.....yes. And his ability to look off the defense. A true Sophomore. I'm a doog for him like I was for Peterman. I get that. But I'm right.
    What's been empirically proven this year is that the team does better when Jake doesn't have to throw more than 20-22 times per game. That's not the mark of a transcendent qb. His interception today happened because he stared down his receiver, and he's still shitting his pants against the blitz.

I get that it's exciting to have an above average qb after 15 years, but slow the man crushage down a little bit.
    He threw 20 times and we played like shit most of the day on offense... 25-30 is the money range imo.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    TTJ said:

Baseman said:

He is what he is - a pretty good, maybe the best PAC-12 QB. ACC/SEC? Not so much.

SEC?
    SEC HAS SHITTY QBS
  • Options
    ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,810
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Ok, fine. Top three

But I have a hard time saying he's the best qb in the conference when he struggles with the blitz against a mediocre Utah squad. That was a pretty bad pick, and unlike some of the other guys he doesn't have the ability to will the team to a win by himself.

Haven't seen CWU play.
    @koopdog

Put UW in the Louisville Clemson game and tell me that Browning makes the plays that Watson and Jackson made to keep their teams in the game.

If Falk or Darnold played for UW you'd find some reason to shit on them as well HTH
  • Options
    drogginsdroggins Member Posts: 804
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I'll let it play out, but I don't think you can win a natty with Brownsocks.

Water is wet until it's not.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited October 2016

koopdog said:

koopdog said:

Ok, fine. Top three

Haven't seen CWU play.
    @koopdog

Brother, I don't know, because he hasn't been put in that position yet. I think he's really, really, really good. I'll go with Browning. Look at the quantum leap in his development since last year. Next year? We'll see. We are a year ahead of what I thought would happen.
    We must not be watching the same game. He's alright, certainly in the top 15 in the country. But elite? Idk man.
    I honestly believe if he's not now, he will be. His development is off the charts. Put that together with his competitive streak and his accuracy which is empirical, and his ability to evade the pocket rush.....yes. And his ability to look off the defense. A true Sophomore. I'm a doog for him like I was for Peterman. I get that. But I'm right.
    What's been empirically proven this year is that the team does better when Jake doesn't have to throw more than 20-22 times per game. That's not the mark of a transcendent qb. His interception today happened because he stared down his receiver, and he's still shitting his pants against the blitz.

I get that it's exciting to have an above average qb after 15 years, but slow the man crushage down a little bit.
    It's completely FS to use 1 pick as reason why a QB is overrated. Sure, he stared down the receiver. But if that was normal for him he'd have a hell of a lot more picks than his current 3 after 8 games. Using an extreme outlier as evidence to bolster your argument is disingenuous and just dumb. Guy has 28 touchdowns and 3 picks. You don't get a 9+/1 TD/INT ratio staring down receivers consistently.

For fuck's sake, dude didn't have his best game today. But he's a true sophomore and balling out. It's ridiculous. I swear if Andrew Luck played at UW, some of you fucks would complain that Tom Brady is better. So, say some ACC QBs in fact are better than him. What does that change? He's still our quarterback and will likely only get better. Who fucking cares if Watson as an upperclassman is a little better? It's irrelevant and has nothing to do with Brownnose being good or not.
    Tom Brady is better and has four Super Bowl rings
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,865
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    edited October 2016
    I thought Jake made some nice plays. My favorite was the floater to Sample when he was scrambling to his left on 3rd down deep on our end of the field.

I didn't like watching Jake get sacked a few times later in the game, because he's been great at extending plays and/or getting rid of the ball to avoid them. I saw one play where he was sacked while it appeared that all his receivers ran long-developing routes on either side of the field. A checkdown option would have at least given him the chance to throw the football away. But, I get that we're not a checkdown, play-it-safe type of offense. We want big, explosive plays. So, maybe we have to just accept that and tell the offensive line to quit fucking up. I don't know. I'm not an expert, nor do I pretend to be one by making you pay for "premium content" to read my uninformed opinions.

I'm sure it's already been mentioned (I didn't read all 4 pages of posts...even though, knowing this board, it probably wouldn't take much time considering that half of them are probably pictures, gifs, and short, inside-joke phrase posts that have been posted thousands of times over on this board, and will hopefully continue to be re-posted because they never get old or tiring as evidenced by the up-votes and chincredibles they will forever receive), but we were running the ball pretty well, which limited Browning's opportunity to put up Heisman-worthy stats. He still averaged over 9+ yards per attempt, and the only mistake I can recall him making was the interception.
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,865
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    And I'm not saying the OP is wrong, but we didn't need Jake to be our savior today, which means this game isn't indicative of his ability to pull through when we absolutely need him to.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Doogles said:

Ok, fine. Top three

Haven't seen CWU play.
    @koopdog

You're such a faggot who hates pre snap Jesus.

How simplistic your analysis is. Back to doog man with you.
    Doogles to Brownsocks's honor.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

Ok, fine. Top three

Haven't seen CWU play.
    @koopdog

If Falk or Darnold played for UW you'd find some reason to shit on them as well HTH
    Yeah, so.
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Passion said:

"Tough day for Jake Browning. 12 for 20 with 1 TD and 1 INT."

Great win, but this kid still hasn't shown he can carry a team when it's close.

God bless Myles Gaskin.

I'll take the win. Whew.

Interesting coming from you.

Did you run out of "

dnc said:

Browning's worst game of the season and he completed 60% of his passes for 9.5 yards per attempt, two scores and a pick.

He wasn't at his best but he wasn't close to bad.

He's the best QB we've had since Tui and the best QB in the nation who doesn't play in the ACC.

He sucks.

He's the fourth best qb in the conference.
    Jesus Christ.

Fuck off already
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    PurpleJ said:

koopdog said:

PurpleJ said:

Utah kept in the game with timely throws and a good running game. Our QB was better and we ran the ball well. Should have won by more, but we won.

Bama is the #1 team in the land with a true frosh at QB. It doesn't matter if you can run it and play good (they are great, but we are pretty good on D) defense and special teams.

We aren't quite there yet with our front 7. It showed against a real line today. I don't think we can win in the playoffs if we get there. People will hate me for pointing this out, but I am impressed with the improvement this year.

Thank koop for his service in getting a decent post out of this fucktard. I like my Noles tonight. The ACC is my favorite conference this year.

Enjoy the ride and hopefully we can keep it respectable in the playoffs. Everyone on the west coast will want to be a Dawg.

Not a Fag, J. We didn't blow aids monkeys, but there was some struggles there. I think part of it was scheme and our dogma about not blitzing. Another part was Jo-Jo being out.

We're a year ahead of where I thought we'd be though, so the astroglide is scared.
    People get hurt and we lack depth at this point. Linebackers were lost sometimes. Not hitting gaps and struggled with tackling. They had a good back, but I've seen us play much better. You're liable to get plungered in the playoffs with a performance like that.

I would have liked to see some more blitzing and man coverage, though. We needed to be aggressive against a team with a beefy line that is dependent on running the ball. Should have dared Troy to beat us.
    "Beefy?"

Could you be a bigger fag, J?

What.tha.fuck
  • Options
    darthrdarthr Member Posts: 11
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    .... just curious ... would mathis have made an appreciable difference in our pass rush? ..... new to the internets. be gentle
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    darthr said:

.... just curious ... would mathis have made an appreciable difference in our pass rush? ..... new to the internets. be gentle

LEAVE!
  • Options
    darthrdarthr Member Posts: 11
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    ..... was it something i said?
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    darthr said:

..... was it something i said?

No. Just an obligatory post.