Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Depth Chart

Comments

• FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744
    Passion said:

Gotta hand it to Austin Joyner - Blows his knee out as a true-frosh, but comes back the next year and cracks the two-deeps in perhaps the deepest position on the team.

And the position that the coaching staff didn't even want to recruit him at...
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,043 Standard Supporter

Passion said:

Gotta hand it to Austin Joyner - Blows his knee out as a true-frosh, but comes back the next year and cracks the two-deeps in perhaps the deepest position on the team.

And the position that the coaching staff didn't even want to recruit him at...
    He still would be the 2nd string tb if he wanted it.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    No freshmen = no excuses.

If we don't win this season, its a coaching/recruiting issue
  • PurpleTicklerPurpleTickler Member Posts: 217
    doogie said:

No freshmen = no excuses.

If we don't win this season, its a coaching/recruiting issue

Shitty excuses can be made forever & always - "What did you expect? We only have 3 seniors starting on each side of the ball."
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    Passion said:

He was my favorite recruit from that class.
  • section_332section_332 Member Posts: 2,403
    I'm sure it's been mentioned. But no Benny Potato?
  • DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,488
    What about KJ Young at WR -- not cracking top 7?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,641 Founders Club
    We? are never going to grow if we have football threads
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,124

I'm sure it's been mentioned. But no Benny Potato?

He was brought in as a buck but is now 270+ pounds, 20 heavier than anyone else at the position. I imagine he will eventually move to d line but he's not gonna be in the 2-deeps there as a rs-f
  • PetermanPeterman Member Posts: 675
    AEB said:

I wouldn't read much into Harris at this point other than he's grinding and performing in camp. Recall he's a pretty good athlete having won the Sparq contest at the Nike blah blah blah (that's about my best TBS I can muster). I think he'll develop into a player in time.

I'm still long Dotson as a contributing back up (I have all the screenshots a know the general view of the Bored thank you very much). I agree that McGrew will play.

I think Kirkland is the swing OL, followed by Sosebee and James... 8 deep.

Agree with the comment that we'll see multiple TE sets. Play to our? strengths...run game. Our TE's will overwhelm most Pac-12 edges. Frankly I posted last year that we should have been running more multiple TE sets. Run/Pass option off that. Hopefully this year that happens. As far as big WR, split out Double D. Have Dissly/Sample as TE/H-Back... that's overwhelming physically for most teams.

Tedford gets pooped on a fair amount, but remember that guy put more RBs into the NFL in his 10 year run than any team in the pac-12 and potentially all of CFB. He was committed to the run game, and while we are still thin at RB, we've got the versatility and size to be a pretty good run team. Furthermore, Tedford can also see our D and realize the path to success is ground and pound and play action, sustained drives, and a fresh D.

TL; DR??? My Doog is running Deep

Good chit AEB!!

... Artichoke Enema Broth?
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
    The WR depth chart again begs the question: Why the fuck is Murphy playing defense?

I could also get behind the Joyner-to-TB concept. But if he prefers CB, that's fine too. I think Dotson and McGrew will provide plenty of depth behind Gaskin.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    godawgst said:

That DL is SEC size that will be an amazing group to watch.

Your not running between the tackles on us period end of story. Vea and Gaines are like trying to move fire hydrants off the spot and Qualls will be impossible to stop unless your going to double him. Victor and Keishawn should be have a field day this year.

Wooching holding the edge will be the 64k question and it will be very obvious to the coaches if he can, as you look at our group of starters on D and he's the answer (until proven otherwise) of "who doesn't belong in this picture". They won't go into the Stanford game with him if there's any doubt.

Not happy w/ Dotson as #2 back. Hoped Coleman would have grabbed that spot and made it his. I think this means we could see more carries for Chico/Budda/Joyner via fly sweep and action off that.

WR group a work in progress and Smith's employment next year will be determined by how much he uses them versus what they are capable of. If his intent or gameplan is to throw it to the group more than 70% of the called pass plays he will fuck us the 2-3 series per game that will cost us a game or two. Ideally we throw it 30 times per game max, and minimum of 9 targets have to be to the te's and backs out of the field.

Jesus I had forgot what it was like to watch a staff be able to manage a roster and red-shirt most of the freshman unless they are to good/talented/ready to play. God dare I say that next year we will be talking about a team with depth and is able to reload from year to year!!!

If you are redshirting most of your freshmen, you aren't recruiting enough good freshmen.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

godawgst said:

Your not running between the tackles on us period end of story. Vea and Gaines are like trying to move fire hydrants off the spot and Qualls will be impossible to stop unless your going to double him. Victor and Keishawn should be have a field day this year.

Wooching holding the edge will be the 64k question and it will be very obvious to the coaches if he can, as you look at our group of starters on D and he's the answer (until proven otherwise) of "who doesn't belong in this picture". They won't go into the Stanford game with him if there's any doubt.

Not happy w/ Dotson as #2 back. Hoped Coleman would have grabbed that spot and made it his. I think this means we could see more carries for Chico/Budda/Joyner via fly sweep and action off that.

WR group a work in progress and Smith's employment next year will be determined by how much he uses them versus what they are capable of. If his intent or gameplan is to throw it to the group more than 70% of the called pass plays he will fuck us the 2-3 series per game that will cost us a game or two. Ideally we throw it 30 times per game max, and minimum of 9 targets have to be to the te's and backs out of the field.

Jesus I had forgot what it was like to watch a staff be able to manage a roster and red-shirt most of the freshman unless they are to good/talented/ready to play. God dare I say that next year we will be talking about a team with depth and is able to reload from year to year!!!

If you are redshirting most of your freshmen, you aren't recruiting enough good freshmen.
    Exhibit A of why you stick with one liners versus actual football talk
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Tequilla said:

godawgst said:

Exhibit A of why you stick with one liners versus actual football talk
    It's not 1982 anymore. Look at the teams that are winning natties.

Redshirting should be focused on the lines for physical development.