Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Depth Chart

Comments

• NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,792
    Fuck you for beating me to it...
  • Wombat_GuernicaWombat_Guernica Member Posts: 126
    Braden Lenius not listed...

Redshirt?

Redshirt?

I think they are trying to move him along...
    I am not surprised, talented... but a pussy.
    Aslo Derpin' Turpin in 2 deeps

What does DDY have to say now!!?????11!?!????//???
  • HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,964

Redshirt?

Think he has been injured and trying to get back...he's either still out or buried as he is trying to get healthy.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,487 Standard Supporter
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Tequilla thoughts:

1) I wouldn't read too much into the Nick Harris news. Most teams go into a game with the idea of playing 8 guys on the OL. You have the 5 starters and then the backups will be Kirkland, Sosebee, and probably Kniep if needed at C.

2) There's 7 WRs listed and the 7 that I expect to see the field the most this year. As Pepsi said, Lenius is at this point in a position where they will try to move him out of the program if he doesn't start responding. If you can't make the top 7 of the WRs in your 3rd year of the program and that isn't a wake up call to get your shit in gear, then you'll be out of the program sooner than later. As I've said for a while, watch out for Connor Griffin, that's your big target on the field when needed.

3) The fact that there are 4 TEs listed should tell you that there will be a lot of 2 TE sets this year with Daniels and Sample getting a lot of reps. For those of you that bitch a lot about the running game, this should be a positive sign for you.

4) With Vita, Gaines, and Qualls starting on the DL, good luck running the football in the interior ... where I saw some ability to run on our defense in the practices that I watched was on the edge in Psalm's direction. Keep an eye on that Saturday to see if he can hold the edge or not as that will be the deciding factor that will tip Tevis Bartlett into the starting role within a month.

5) Interesting that Rapp is slotted under Budda in the depth chart ... I would have thought he'd have been more under JoJo ... I'd be interested in Pepsi's thoughts here

6) Jordan Miller probably starts on most teams in the PAC and he'll be doing well to see the field behind Jones, King, and Gardenhire. There's not a lot of room to throw on those 3 and then with Budda playing centerfield ... good times.

7) Speaking of true frosh, the only ones in the depth chart are Nick Harris, Aaron Fuller, and Taylor Rapp. Still some to be desired regarding whether Harris is a player or not. Fuller is at a position of need and has really shown during Fall Camp. Rapp was a player singled out by the TSIO Podcast back during our recruiting show that Rapp would make an impact as a freshman. Murphy, Eifler, and Wellington all would be in the 2 deeps as most schools in the conference ... whether we can redshirt them or not is to be determined. But as it stands right now, I hope that we're leaning towards getting these guys in RS situations.
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    McGrew, Murphy, Wellington and probably Eifler will stay play.

Rapp is being groomed to take over for Budda when he leaves. But I still think he'll get on the field with Budda this year regardless.
    Given that McGrew plays ... his role will grow as the season goes on.

Murphy I really don't see a need for him playing unless there are injuries with the CBs.

You could make an argument for Wellington and Eifler by putting them on special teams. Perhaps the Constantine injury will end up costing one or both of them their redshirts. Both are likely better players today than DJ Beavers is. Probably matters a bit depending on if the feeling is that Victor's going to leave after this year. But if not, I'd hate to burn both of their redshirts and then only have them in a position to start for 2 years.
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    Tequilla said:

Given that McGrew plays ... his role will grow as the season goes on.

Murphy I really don't see a need for him playing unless there are injuries with the CBs.

You could make an argument for Wellington and Eifler by putting them on special teams. Perhaps the Constantine injury will end up costing one or both of them their redshirts. Both are likely better players today than DJ Beavers is. Probably matters a bit depending on if the feeling is that Victor's going to leave after this year. But if not, I'd hate to burn both of their redshirts and then only have them in a position to start for 2 years.

Pete has said that 5 frosh will play for sure and 6-7 is possible too.
    Those are the names then ... although Harris probably wasn't on our list.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,043 Standard Supporter
    Lenius has always sucked. Fuck anyone that ever thought otherwise. Glad to see Joyner make the 2 deeps. Interested to see if he is any good.