Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

This team is a year away...

...however next year might be the greatest opportunity. '17 might be just be too far away and this team might just be ready. Why? Because of Petersen and his syst em implementation. He WILL Abe the reason this team overachieves next year. He is the real deal. 81% of the dipshitted naysayers here will understand what Puppy has been saying all a long.

'17 sets up to be the playoff run, however early defections might hurt the defense. Victor could be the best inside backer this team has ever had, and likely bolt after next year. He's Hoffman with speed. Which is why a young team, with very few seniors might have to step up a year early, and make it happen in '16.

Scares me though. 2 huge games at Oregon and my pre-season north pick WSU could be deadly. In '17 the schedule pits the big games at home, with jr's and seniors all over the roster (if everyone stays, unlikely). Can our freshmen and sophomores play like upper classmen a year early?

+Can Browning hit the big throws routinely that he missed repeatedly last year? Can he stay healthy? KJCS better improve. Pete WILL need a backup who can move the chains and produce points (HUGE IF) '17 the position will be loaded with experience.

+Can Van Winkle hit those huge game winning 48yd game winners? Can the new TRUE FRESHMAN punter keep field position in our favor? Can Ross, Chico and Pettis make game changing special teams plays to win big games? They will have to win this conference, and im comfortable here. A 'push' compared to '17

+Can Coach Pete find a way to implement an effective screen game? (Ive never seen a husky team in 30 years so inept and untimely with the screen game. This HAS TO CHANGE. im confident in '17... '16 will be wait and see with a young oline

+Can the Oline take that next step? Eldrenkamp has to improve in the run game. Who is going to play center? Can Big Country improve at RT (he needs to improve, and he started to late in the year. Trey Adams is looking for all conference honors, and I think Coleman Shelton will too. Can they stay healthy and produce depth ('17 no problem, this Oline will be one of the best in the country). Need Adams to stay healthy however, Andy Kirkland wont cut it.

+Can this team find a pass rusher? Not as easy as you garboons think. Nobody on the roster currently can fill that void yet. (Spring will tell all) a lot of bodies but no answers. ('17 will be filled) Who's going to get to Falk, late in the game, with the NORTH title on the line in Pullman next year?

+Who is going to spell Gaskin? Who is going to replace Brownings favorite target and safety valve in Perkins and his production? Its easy to just say Daniels, but thats not automatic. Can Ross be a consistent deep threat? Who"s going to be the pass catching safety valve out of the backfield for Browning, the wheel route savior like DWash was last year? McGrew, A true frosh? Dotson? '17 will provide plenty of experience here.

+Who is going to punish teams on 3rd and 1, or on the goal line? Warren would have been the answer,, Lavon Coleman is not. '17 might provide the answer.

+Is Jon Smith the answer as playcaller in '16? '17 will provide the answer to that question whether its him or a stud OC with big time experience, who knows how to implement and call screens.

+The away schedule isnt friendly, it is in '17.

These are but a few pre spring topics for discussion on our new higher discussion bored. Instead of childish antics, which I unfortunately expect, how about a football discussion.

Comments

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Need to upgrade the receivers

You can win without Steve Largents and Andre Risons, but they help especially with an average at best OC.

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Did I make it to the higher discussion bored?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Puppy off of his meds as always ...

The opportunity for this program to take hold of the North and Conference starts in 2016 ... not 2017. Forget Puppy's reasons, Tequilla has legitimate reasons that this is the case:

1) Of the 9 conference games that UW plays next year, 6 are against teams that are breaking in new starting QBs (Stanford, Oregon, Utah, USC, Arizona St, and Cal). Highly beneficial in my mind that the Stanford and Oregon games are early in the year.

2) Washington had the 8th rated scoring defense in all of college football last year at 18.8 points allowed per game. The only significant defections off of the defense are Feeney and Littleton at OLB ... positions that I have confidence that replacements will be found. The defense only gave up 30 points in 4 games last year (30 vs Cal, 31 vs Stanford and Fried Donut Mississippi, and 34 against Utah). Given the turnover in the conference at the QB position, I would be surprised if UW gave up more than 30 points in more than 2 games next year.

3) The offense was particularly young last year at 3 critical spots at QB, RB, and LT. As a whole, the OL was young and inexperienced. As the year went along, the results of the offense turned significantly. Over the first 6 games of the year (tossing away the game against Sacramento St), the offense averaged 20.3 points per game versus 38.3 points per game over the last 6 games. While it could be argued that the schedule got easier over the last half of the season, it's also true that the offensive execution was significantly better. Point being that I don't think it's too much to ask the offense to average 30+ points per game next year ... which when combined with the defensive acumen, that should make UW a favorite in the vast majority of games played next year.

4) Puppy's concerned about who backs up Gaskin next year ... will it be worse than the fumbling machine that was Dwayne Washington? Will Sean "Cocaine Cowboy" McGrew be able to come in and contribute as a freshman like Gaskin last year? Given his pedigree as arguably the best RB in SoCal, you have to like his chances. The bigger area of concern IMO is replacing Jaydon Mickens and getting production from the WR position with someone stepping up to be a go to guy. More likely what you're going to find is that the dominance of the OL and Gaskin is going to create opportunities in the passing game for guys and for Browning's smarts being able to identify the open receiver and give them an opportunity to be successful.

5) In the grand scheme of things, while a small class, the 2016 recruiting class is filled with guys that have a chance to be difference makers in the program going forward. I expect that there will be a handful of them that will come in and contribute next year to the point that the influx of talent coming in will help mitigate the talent that left the program. When you factor that into the general talent improvement in the offseason, this team is poised to take a massive leap forward in 2016.

TL, DR summary: Waiting on a favorable home/road schedule for the team to take a massive step forward is fucktardedly stupid ... have expectations and expect to win. No reason not to expect a very successful 2016 season.
  • Options
    section_332section_332 Member Posts: 2,403
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Doogles said:

So if we win next year it's because of coaching, but if we lose it's because of youth.

Got it.

Pumps good at everything
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

...however next year might be the greatest opportunity. '17 might be just be too far away and this team might just be ready. Why? Because of Petersen and his syst em implementation. He WILL Abe the reason this team overachieves next year. He is the real deal. 81% of the dipshitted naysayers here will understand what Puppy has been saying all a long. Petermen and coaches teach technique over scheme. With many returning players in their third year the execution on both sides of the ball should be significantly better.

'17 sets up to be the playoff run, however early defections might hurt the defense. Victor could be the best inside backer this team has ever had, and likely bolt after next year. He's Hoffman with speed. Which is why a young team, with very few seniors might have to step up a year early, and make it happen in '16. I agree there is a definite possibility that 2016 can be the year

Scares me though. 2 huge games at Oregon and my pre-season north pick WSU Stanford at home could be deadly. In '17 the schedule pits the big games at home, with jr's and seniors all over the roster (if everyone stays, unlikely). Can our freshmen and sophomores play like upper classmen a year early? If we beat Oregon and Stanford it not only opens up our season to win the Pac it also aids recruiting in a BIG way. The WSU game we are going to roll them yet again. Luke Falk is one concussion away from being done. With their offense doesnt aid QB health. Bender will be starting by the time we play them. Even with Falk we beat them soundly.

+Can Browning hit the big throws routinely that he missed repeatedly last year? Can our receivers not drop 50 passes this season? The improvement I saw in the bowl game from Hamdan's coaching tells me YES! Can he stay healthy? KJCS better improve. Pete WILL need a backup who can move the chains and produce points (HUGE IF) '17 the position will be loaded with experience.

+Can Van Winkle hit those huge game winning 48yd game winners? Can the new TRUE FRESHMAN punter keep field position in our favor? Can Ross, Chico and Pettis make game changing special teams plays to win big games? They will have to win this conference, and im comfortable here. A 'push' compared to '17

+Can Coach Pete find a way to implement an effective screen game? (Ive never seen a husky team in 30 years so inept and untimely with the screen game. This HAS TO CHANGE. im confident in '17... '16 will be wait and see with a young oline Can Coach Pete find a way to implement an effective consistent deep threat? That will help the screen game.

+Can the Oline take that next step? YES! Our O line is going to be beastly. Big country is going to have a great year and Coleman Sheltoon can play most any position on the line. Look for Ricky Mccoy to get back upo reps at center.Eldrenkamp has to improve in the run game. Who is going to play center? Can Big Country improve at RT (he needs to improve, and he started to late in the year. Trey Adams is looking for all conference honors, and I think Coleman Shelton will too. Can they stay healthy and produce depth ('17 no problem, this Oline will be one of the best in the country). Need Adams to stay healthy however, Andy Kirkland wont cut it.

+Can this team find a pass rusher? I am guessing yes. Nobody liked Feeney last year and all he did was crush itNot as easy as you garboons think. Nobody on the roster currently can fill that void yet. (Spring will tell all) a lot of bodies but no answers. ('17 will be filled) Who's going to get to Falk, late in the game, with the NORTH title on the line in Pullman next year?

+Who is going to spell Gaskin? G-a-s-k-i-n (no s) Seriously I expect to see great things out of Dotson this season Who is going to replace Brownings favorite target and safety valve in Perkins and his production? Its easy to just say Daniels, but thats not automatic. Can Ross be a consistent deep threat? Who"s going to be the pass catching safety valve out of the backfield for Browning, the wheel route savior like DWash was last year? MCGREW McGrew, A true frosh? Dotson? '17 will provide plenty of experience here.

+Who is going to punish teams on 3rd and 1, or on the goal line? Warren would have been the answer,, Lavon Coleman is not. '17 might provide the answer. Good question

+Is Jon Smith the answer as playcaller in '16? '17 will provide the answer to that question whether its him or a stud OC with big time experience, who knows how to implement and call screens.

+The away schedule isnt friendly, it is in '17.

These are but a few pre spring topics for discussion on our new higher discussion bored. Instead of childish antics, which I unfortunately expect, how about a football discussion.

Good stuff thanks Puppy

• Options
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

So if we win next year it's because of coaching, but if we lose it's because of youth.

Got it.

Doog playbook since ca. 2005
  • Options
    section_332section_332 Member Posts: 2,403
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

Team is not a year away, can win this year. End of story.

And yes, it can win this year because of the work of Petersen bringing in talent that I can for once actually see us winning with.

Full Doog 'til September bitches, I'm gonna enjoy the shit out of this.

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,536
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

@puppylove_sugarsteel reverting to Doog 101: wait until next year.

He's been saying this shit since he used to suck Sark off beneath the bleachers.
  • Options
    steelheader2steelheader2 Member Posts: 367
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper Photogenic
    2016. Too many losses on D for 17' to be the year. Jones , King, baker could all be gone out of secondary. In 17' all those teams breaking in a new qb in 16' will be better. A young secondary isn't the answer for veteran qbs( Ron fairly statement there). Oregon is beatable on road this year. I'm tempted to head to Eugene this year. Went in 96, 2000 and 2002. Not since
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Next year is a 9-10 win year. After that, who knows. There are too many variables. Make some Rose Bowls, and I'm happy.

I'd like for them to at least be in the race on November 15th. That's not expecting the world. 10-2 and 7-2 are records most here would take right now. Don't lie you HHB's.
  • Options
    FenwickFenwick Member Posts: 1,174
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Awesomes
    damn, a couple of you guys have used your word quota for the day I think.