Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

This team is a year away...

Comments

• Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Passion said:

...however next year might be the greatest opportunity. '17 might be just be too far away and this team might just be ready. Why? Because of Petersen and his syst em implementation. He WILL Abe the reason this team overachieves next year. He is the real deal. 81% of the dipshitted naysayers here will understand what Puppy has been saying all a long.

'17 sets up to be the playoff run, however early defections might hurt the defense. Victor could be the best inside backer this team has ever had, and likely bolt after next year. He's Hoffman with speed. Which is why a young team, with very few seniors might have to step up a year early, and make it happen in '16.

Scares me though. 2 huge games at Oregon and my pre-season north pick WSU could be deadly. In '17 the schedule pits the big games at home, with jr's and seniors all over the roster (if everyone stays, unlikely). Can our freshmen and sophomores play like upper classmen a year early?

+Can Browning hit the big throws routinely that he missed repeatedly last year? Can he stay healthy? KJCS better improve. Pete WILL need a backup who can move the chains and produce points (HUGE IF) '17 the position will be loaded with experience.

+Can Van Winkle hit those huge game winning 48yd game winners? Can the new TRUE FRESHMAN punter keep field position in our favor? Can Ross, Chico and Pettis make game changing special teams plays to win big games? They will have to win this conference, and im comfortable here. A 'push' compared to '17

+Can Coach Pete find a way to implement an effective screen game? (Ive never seen a husky team in 30 years so inept and untimely with the screen game. This HAS TO CHANGE. im confident in '17... '16 will be wait and see with a young oline

+Can the Oline take that next step? Eldrenkamp has to improve in the run game. Who is going to play center? Can Big Country improve at RT (he needs to improve, and he started to late in the year. Trey Adams is looking for all conference honors, and I think Coleman Shelton will too. Can they stay healthy and produce depth ('17 no problem, this Oline will be one of the best in the country). Need Adams to stay healthy however, Andy Kirkland wont cut it.

+Can this team find a pass rusher? Not as easy as you garboons think. Nobody on the roster currently can fill that void yet. (Spring will tell all) a lot of bodies but no answers. ('17 will be filled) Who's going to get to Falk, late in the game, with the NORTH title on the line in Pullman next year?

+Who is going to spell Gaskin? Who is going to replace Brownings favorite target and safety valve in Perkins and his production? Its easy to just say Daniels, but thats not automatic. Can Ross be a consistent deep threat? Who"s going to be the pass catching safety valve out of the backfield for Browning, the wheel route savior like DWash was last year? McGrew, A true frosh? Dotson? '17 will provide plenty of experience here.

+Who is going to punish teams on 3rd and 1, or on the goal line? Warren would have been the answer,, Lavon Coleman is not. '17 might provide the answer.

+Is Jon Smith the answer as playcaller in '16? '17 will provide the answer to that question whether its him or a stud OC with big time experience, who knows how to implement and call screens.

+The away schedule isnt friendly, it is in '17.

These are but a few pre spring topics for discussion on our new higher discussion bored. Instead of childish antics, which I unfortunately expect, how about a football discussion.

pass rushing has been sporadic since they started bringing in nobody but poly's. What *we* need is big fucking mean ass black guys doing the pass rushing like in the good old days. Well, it could be anybody.... Or to put it another way, just stop recruiting by race. If you are a white guy in this state and you aren't a quarterback, OL-man, or kicker/punter, or tight end you are going to Central or maybe Eastern.
    Fixed
    true, tight end, but he is kind of an offensive lineman w/ catching skills.

If Steve Emtman was 18 now the only way to get picked up by a FBS team would be as a "preferred walkon" or if he changed his name to Fallualla Fuckallallallallalla from French Polynesia. Otherwise, Ellensburg....
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

Passion said:

To be honest, I was feeling bullish until the bowl game when fuckin' southern miss' QB and WRs made Sidney Jones and the rest of our DBs look like they've never played before.

southern miss?

Sure the defense (overall) was a surprise and Myles Gaskin was great. But we don't really know what to expect.

It was alarming how we got shredded with Kevin King out. Their WR is a legit NFL talent and the QB was dropping dimes, but a handful of Pac teams have an NFL WR or two and a QB that can get it there.

Really need gardenhire, miller, and Jojo to take the next step.
    DB play should be the least of our* worries. Like #1,307 on the list behind everything else on offense (e.g., suspect coaching, suspect WRs, pants shitting, OL youth, RB depth, etcx100)

• Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Hey what do ya know, a football discussion

Regurgitated doog excuses do not equal a football discussion.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,755
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Falk will miss 3+ games for concussions. Boy's skull is a dry leaf.
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,960
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    3 phases to the game:

D - legit top ranked D; share some concerns about the DBs, pass rush, etc., but these aren't existential problems like the last decade.

Special Teams - return game and coverage teams are top ranked. Punter and FG some question marks but again those are good enough to win.

O - legit RB, and a lot of questions about how guys develop.

We should win all the games we're favored. In my mind, I want to see if this team finally wins a couple of games they weren't supposed to or come back from a deficit against a good team. Can we take 2 of 3 from Stanford, Oregon or SC?
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

It's time for Peterman to WIN or GTFO.

He didn't purge the team and take a full class proving his faith in this roster to win now.

Combined with the fact the PAC-12 is dogshit this year... it's simply time to win.

Youre a fucking bumbling idiot Sark. All that needs to be said
  • Options
    And Tommy, get the fuck out of this thread. The only line-up youre aware of is the Yazdi spring line, plus sizes too. Jag off and GTFO!
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,577
    Swaye's Wigwam
    You know @puppylove_sugarsteel is butthurt when he posts twice in a row within the same thread.
  • Options
    Passion said:

To be honest, I was feeling bullish until the bowl game when fuckin' southern miss' QB and WRs made Sidney Jones and the rest of our DBs look like they've never played before.

southern miss?

Sure the defense (overall) was a surprise and Myles Gaskin was great. But we don't really know what to expect.

Made our db's look silly? Dude, spread tesms are going to complete passes, especially with a good qb. SM qb Had a better arm than browning. There was a reason SM was in a bowl game passion. What matters is not how many yards between the 20's, its how many td's our corners gave up. Except for that long td in the 1st quarter, syd jones and co did just fine. Youre such a boof timerpassion
  • Options

Need to upgrade the receivers

You can win without Steve Largents and Andre Risons, but they help especially with an average at best OC.

John Ross w I ll upgrade the receivers Bill. Thats why I didnt waste space on the WR unit. Expect Pettis to have a big year too. Our WR's will be just fine, trust Pump on that. That unit is the absolute last of our worries.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Puppy off of his meds as always ...

The opportunity for this program to take hold of the North and Conference starts in 2016 ... not 2017. Forget Puppy's reasons, Tequilla has legitimate reasons that this is the case:

1) Of the 9 conference games that UW plays next year, 6 are against teams that are breaking in new starting QBs (Stanford, Oregon, Utah, USC, Arizona St, and Cal). Highly beneficial in my mind that the Stanford and Oregon games are early in the year.

2) Washington had the 8th rated scoring defense in all of college football last year at 18.8 points allowed per game. The only significant defections off of the defense are Feeney and Littleton at OLB ... positions that I have confidence that replacements will be found. The defense only gave up 30 points in 4 games last year (30 vs Cal, 31 vs Stanford and Fried Donut Mississippi, and 34 against Utah). Given the turnover in the conference at the QB position, I would be surprised if UW gave up more than 30 points in more than 2 games next year.

3) The offense was particularly young last year at 3 critical spots at QB, RB, and LT. As a whole, the OL was young and inexperienced. As the year went along, the results of the offense turned significantly. Over the first 6 games of the year (tossing away the game against Sacramento St), the offense averaged 20.3 points per game versus 38.3 points per game over the last 6 games. While it could be argued that the schedule got easier over the last half of the season, it's also true that the offensive execution was significantly better. Point being that I don't think it's too much to ask the offense to average 30+ points per game next year ... which when combined with the defensive acumen, that should make UW a favorite in the vast majority of games played next year.

4) Puppy's concerned about who backs up Gaskin next year ... will it be worse than the fumbling machine that was Dwayne Washington? Will Sean "Cocaine Cowboy" McGrew be able to come in and contribute as a freshman like Gaskin last year? Given his pedigree as arguably the best RB in SoCal, you have to like his chances. The bigger area of concern IMO is replacing Jaydon Mickens and getting production from the WR position with someone stepping up to be a go to guy. More likely what you're going to find is that the dominance of the OL and Gaskin is going to create opportunities in the passing game for guys and for Browning's smarts being able to identify the open receiver and give them an opportunity to be successful.

5) In the grand scheme of things, while a small class, the 2016 recruiting class is filled with guys that have a chance to be difference makers in the program going forward. I expect that there will be a handful of them that will come in and contribute next year to the point that the influx of talent coming in will help mitigate the talent that left the program. When you factor that into the general talent improvement in the offseason, this team is poised to take a massive leap forward in 2016.

TL, DR summary: Waiting on a favorable home/road schedule for the team to take a massive step forward is fucktardedly stupid ... have expectations and expect to win. No reason not to expect a very successful 2016 season.

Dumbass, I just said '16 is our best opportunity given likely defections. Just said '16 might be our best team for that reason. Read, comprehend...post. no wonder kim ran your cunt
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    Founders Club
    Misplace the thorazine, pup? Fuck o' dear!
  • Options
    haie said:

Fuck all these breakdowns, the key is the mental cloud hanging over the program that Stanford is just better, Oregon is just better, ASU is just better, etc.

No better example then in the Oregon game: start off pounding the shit out of them, Adams gets free, Jones turns his head around too quickly and gives up a massive chunk of yardage=Oregon is better, the game is over.

ASU=no need to even go into detail on that one.

Utah=gave up too many turnovers, the refs, they're all seniors.

The coaches needs to stop with the "We'd love to model ourselves after Utah (2015)....you have play great just to HANG with Oregon (2014)" bullshit and just tell the players that they are better and they just need to come out and cave people's faces in. If they do that the turnovers and points will come.

But I don't know if they're just feeding that shit to the media or not but it makes the PAC 12 look like some godly conference when it isn't. Arizona won the South in 2014 and they suck ass.

Football is a mental game with physical sacrifice only being a means to an end.

Some valid points, but at the bottom of the hierarchy of importance going into '16 for this team. Their confidence is at the highest level since Ricky's rose bowl team. They dont fear Oregon or ASU. Jake Browning lost at ASU because he couldnt hit open receivers. Dont expect that to happen next year as much. Lost to Oregon because Adams came back. Oregon was very good with Adams in case you didnt realize that.

Ever hear of true freshman making mistakes, not knowing how to put teams away? When you play true freshmen at the 3 most important positions on offense this stuff happens.

Its not Pete's fault, its just youth Haie. Got it? Confidence comes with experience and 'W's'. Which is why on paper this team is a year away. However this team might be ready a year early, because so many young guys got critical reps...hence the purpose of the thread.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,898
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Need to upgrade the receivers

You can win without Steve Largents and Andre Risons, but they help especially with an average at best OC.

John Ross w I ll upgrade the receivers Bill. Thats why I didnt waste space on the WR unit. Expect Pettis to have a big year too. Our WR's will be just fine, trust Pump on that. That unit is the absolute last of our worries.
    He will help but he doesn't make it an elite group.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Puppy comments:

This team is a year away however next year might be the greatest opportunity

'17 sets up for the playoff run but early defections may hurt the defense

2 huge games at Oregon and my pre-season north pick WSU could be deadly. In '17 the schedule pits the big games at home, with jr's and seniors all over the roster (if everyone stays, unlikely). Can our freshmen and sophomores play like upper classmen a year early?

Puppy playing both sides so that his meds can talk to anybody that disagrees with him ...

2017 will be special ... BUT ... defensive defections may fuck that over so 2016 may be the more likely year to win ...

No confidence on winning games on the road in 2016 with young guys stepping up compromising the ability for '16 to be special ... BUT ... 2017 will be special IF everybody stays because all of the tough games are at home and littered with juniors and seniors ...

Puppy likes to talk about those that KJV ran ... but also forgets that he takes 81% of his double sided talking points straight from the KJV playbook ...

I suggest Puppy continues trying to beat your chest against lightweights of knowledge like Tommy instead of a true heavyweight of knowledge like me
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

Puppy comments:

2 huge games at Oregon and my pre-season north pick WSU could be deadly. In '17 the schedule pits the big games at home, with jr's and seniors all over the roster (if everyone stays, unlikely). Can our freshmen and sophomores play like upper classmen a year early?

Puppy playing both sides so that his meds can talk to anybody that disagrees with him ...

2017 will be special ... BUT ... defensive defections may fuck that over so 2016 may be the more likely year to win ...

No confidence on winning games on the road in 2016 with young guys stepping up compromising the ability for '16 to be special ... BUT ... 2017 will be special IF everybody stays because all of the tough games are at home and littered with juniors and seniors ...

Puppy likes to talk about those that KJV ran ... but also forgets that he takes 81% of his double sided talking points straight from the KJV playbook ...

I suggest Puppy continues trying to beat your chest against lightweights of knowledge like Tommy instead of a true heavyweight of knowledge like me

Considering you're closer to Kim and Puppy on the doog scale than I am, not sure why you're popping off.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Puppy comments:

Considering you're closer to Kim and Puppy on the doog scale than I am, not sure why you're popping off.
    You just proved my point ...

It's not about being a doog or not ... those that attack doogs would rather be right than see UW be successful.

If you can't see that there's a lot going on right in the program right now then you've got the blinders on. Even strong nega-believers like Dead Dog on the Road @RoadDawg55 can admit that things are well positioned they just are wondering where the fuck up will come.
  • Options
    I haven't said that shit for 15 years ...

What was dooging last year? Saying before the season that we'd be bowl eligible?

The reality is that there's a handful of people on this bored that will find something to bitch about no matter what happens unless we go undefeated and win a national championship.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,898
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

You know @puppylove_sugarsteel is butthurt when he posts twice in a row within the same thread.

Didn't you flag him 20 times in another thread? LOL okay J