Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

This team is a year away...

Comments

• Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,300
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

...however next year might be the greatest opportunity. '17 might be just be too far away and this team might just be ready. Why? Because of Petersen and his syst em implementation. He WILL Abe the reason this team overachieves next year. He is the real deal. 81% of the dipshitted naysayers here will understand what Puppy has been saying all a long.

'17 sets up to be the playoff run, however early defections might hurt the defense. Victor could be the best inside backer this team has ever had, and likely bolt after next year. He's Hoffman with speed. Which is why a young team, with very few seniors might have to step up a year early, and make it happen in '16.

Scares me though. 2 huge games at Oregon and my pre-season north pick WSU could be deadly. In '17 the schedule pits the big games at home, with jr's and seniors all over the roster (if everyone stays, unlikely). Can our freshmen and sophomores play like upper classmen a year early?

+Can Browning hit the big throws routinely that he missed repeatedly last year? Can he stay healthy? KJCS better improve. Pete WILL need a backup who can move the chains and produce points (HUGE IF) '17 the position will be loaded with experience.

+Can Van Winkle hit those huge game winning 48yd game winners? Can the new TRUE FRESHMAN punter keep field position in our favor? Can Ross, Chico and Pettis make game changing special teams plays to win big games? They will have to win this conference, and im comfortable here. A 'push' compared to '17

+Can Coach Pete find a way to implement an effective screen game? (Ive never seen a husky team in 30 years so inept and untimely with the screen game. This HAS TO CHANGE. im confident in '17... '16 will be wait and see with a young oline

+Can the Oline take that next step? Eldrenkamp has to improve in the run game. Who is going to play center? Can Big Country improve at RT (he needs to improve, and he started to late in the year. Trey Adams is looking for all conference honors, and I think Coleman Shelton will too. Can they stay healthy and produce depth ('17 no problem, this Oline will be one of the best in the country). Need Adams to stay healthy however, Andy Kirkland wont cut it.

+Can this team find a pass rusher? Not as easy as you garboons think. Nobody on the roster currently can fill that void yet. (Spring will tell all) a lot of bodies but no answers. ('17 will be filled) Who's going to get to Falk, late in the game, with the NORTH title on the line in Pullman next year?

+Who is going to spell Gaskin? Who is going to replace Brownings favorite target and safety valve in Perkins and his production? Its easy to just say Daniels, but thats not automatic. Can Ross be a consistent deep threat? Who"s going to be the pass catching safety valve out of the backfield for Browning, the wheel route savior like DWash was last year? McGrew, A true frosh? Dotson? '17 will provide plenty of experience here.

+Who is going to punish teams on 3rd and 1, or on the goal line? Warren would have been the answer,, Lavon Coleman is not. '17 might provide the answer.

+Is Jon Smith the answer as playcaller in '16? '17 will provide the answer to that question whether its him or a stud OC with big time experience, who knows how to implement and call screens.

+The away schedule isnt friendly, it is in '17.

These are but a few pre spring topics for discussion on our new higher discussion bored. Instead of childish antics, which I unfortunately expect, how about a football discussion.

When was smurf fired? Still have lesbians running the university right? Fuck this program has no shot in hell at competing for shit
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    So eloquently put Duck.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,577
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'd rather be right if we aren't going to be successful. Always got SEC football to live for.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Puppy comments:

This team is a year away however next year might be the greatest opportunity

'17 sets up for the playoff run but early defections may hurt the defense

2 huge games at Oregon and my pre-season north pick WSU could be deadly. In '17 the schedule pits the big games at home, with jr's and seniors all over the roster (if everyone stays, unlikely). Can our freshmen and sophomores play like upper classmen a year early?

Puppy playing both sides so that his meds can talk to anybody that disagrees with him ...

2017 will be special ... BUT ... defensive defections may fuck that over so 2016 may be the more likely year to win ...

No confidence on winning games on the road in 2016 with young guys stepping up compromising the ability for '16 to be special ... BUT ... 2017 will be special IF everybody stays because all of the tough games are at home and littered with juniors and seniors ...

Puppy likes to talk about those that KJV ran ... but also forgets that he takes 81% of his double sided talking points straight from the KJV playbook ...

I suggest Puppy continues trying to beat your chest against lightweights of knowledge like Tommy instead of a true heavyweight of knowledge like me

Tequilla I will shred you or anybody on husky football or college football. Unfortunately lightweights like yourself and freeme are the ones who contribute little to the discussion, yet run your mouth the most. Youre welcome to sneak in the higher discussion board on a 3-day pass. If you can keep up you might be considered. Passion is in because he gets the importance and tradition of husky defense. You're a "tweener". Dont know what to do with your dumbass!
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

I haven't said that shit for 15 years ...

What was dooging last year? Saying before the season that we'd be bowl eligible?

The reality is that there's a handful of people on this bored that will find something to bitch about no matter what happens unless we go undefeated and win a national championship.

See Tequilla thats a quality post. There just might be hope for you. And that youve been around awhile, not as long as Pup, but enough that the grandfather clause may just apply.
  • Options

well, the point being, all the codewords notwithstanding, that the next Emtman is quite a bit more likely to be playing in Ellensburg than montlake

Ive always said to go to Compton and find pass rushers. Pete has gone out a nd recruited 2 big studs from Texas to rush the QB, plus a few from Cali. Close enough. I think Rice is a perfect prospect. He missed most of senior year so big schools didnt get on him. Im excited for this guy. Passion ought to be pissing himself.

Pete really missed the boat on the interior d-line 2 years straight. 1 true DT in McCoy. He better have a blueprint this year. Only fault ive seen from Petersen on the recruiting front. Passion no piss himself here.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Puppy half the time doesn't know what is up or down or his ass from a hole in the wall ...

Maybe one day I'll give you more shit than to get on you for speaking out of both sides of your mouth about 2016 or 2017 being special but not being able to make your mind up on which one really will be ... if I got that much free entertainment out of that I can only imagine how much I'll get when I really take the gloves off.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    The away schedule isn't friendly? I honestly cant think of a more favorable away schedule. I wouldn't be surprised if UW ends up being favored in every game.

Arizona- Physically dominated them the last 2 games. With average QB play 2 years ago, UW wins by 14. Completely dominated them in every facet last year. They lack game-breakers on offense and haven't been good on defense in recent years.

Oregon- Looked absolutely awful without Adams. Their defense will be better but Buckner is a huge loss. Without good QB play could crash to 5-6 wins. Escapability of Adams was the X factor in game last year.

Utah- Rebuilding year for them but they will be tough and scrappy as usual.

Cal- Big rebuilding year for them.

WSU- Will be an experienced team but has huge losses on DL and some losses on OL. Will Falk make it through the season? Will be a dangerous game but this is a team UW has dominated the past 2 years.
  • Options
    You guys, Steel2 included, are too fucktarded to understand puppy's point. Again....'17 was the year, on paper, this team had the perfect scenario for a playoff run. But because of likely early NFL entrants, '16 is shaping up to be that team, and a year early.

Pull thy heads out thee cunts and respond. Tommy, J, Nacho, tequilla.. .please dont, it just sends the thread downhill, and into a battle royale-nerd style.
  • Options
    edited March 2016

The away schedule isn't friendly? I honestly cant think of a more favorable away schedule. I wouldn't be surprised if UW ends up being favored in every game.

Arizona- Physically dominated them the last 2 games. With average QB play 2 years ago, UW wins by 14. Completely dominated them in every facet last year. They lack game-breakers on offense and haven't been good on defense in recent years.

Oregon- Looked absolutely awful without Adams. Their defense will be better but Buckner is a huge loss. Without good QB play could crash to 5-6 wins. Escapability of Adams was the X factor in game last year.

Utah- Rebuilding year for them but they will be tough and scrappy as usual.

Cal- Big rebuilding year for them.

WSU- Will be an experienced team but has huge losses on DL and some losses on OL. Will Falk make it through the season? Will be a dangerous game but this is a team UW has dominated the past 2 years.

UW will be favored at Oregon? You been watching the series the last 20 years pudbeater? And I can see a 10-2 season. The 2 losses? Our 2 archrivals on the road. And both are serious North contenders. Only your dumbass would consider that favorable
  • Options
    Barring a significant injury, I'd be very surprised if Oregon was more than a 4 point favorite this year in Eugene.
  • Options
    Look at the history Teqilla, pretty ballsy prediction being youre one of Petersens biggest detractors. What, now youre on the Pete wagon? Not where you were after the Utah loss. You've been worse than Kim in piling on Coach. Now UW will be at worse a 4-point dawg in Eugene. What a few months a difference makes. Putz!
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,998
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Look at the history Teqilla, pretty ballsy prediction being youre one of Petersens biggest detractors. What, now youre on the Pete wagon? Not where you were after the Utah loss. You've been worse than Kim in piling on Coach. Now UW will be at worse a 4-point dawg in Eugene. What a few months a difference makes. Putz!

Huh?
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

You serious, Clark?
  • Options

Huh?
    Thats my immediate response everytime you post Nacho. Teqilla, if you've changed your ways since the Utah loss Ill gladly welcome your awakening. Havent seen it, then again I have to wade through the nerd herd's garbage to get down to your posts. Appologize if you've changed your outlook on Petersen. I know losing Sark was hard on you and the family, the kids took it the hardest. Puppy is a forgiving one though. I used to like you, I welcomed you here to HH with open arms, took you in like a syrian refugee. Only to see you fall from grace and go completely rogue against the new staff initially. Here's to hoping you see the light.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Huh?
    Thats my immediate response everytime you post Nacho. Teqilla, if you've changed your ways since the Utah loss Ill gladly welcome your awakening. Havent seen it, then again I have to wade through the nerd herd's garbage to get down to your posts. Appologize if you've changed your outlook on Petersen. I know losing Sark was hard on you and the family, the kids took it the hardest. Puppy is a forgiving one though. I used to like you, I welcomed you here to HH with open arms, took you in like a syrian refugee. Only to see you fall from grace and go completely rogue against the new staff initially. Here's to hoping you see the light.
    I'm so confused. Are you talking about THE @Tequilla? Am I in a different universe right now? Is this the puppy matrix?
    It is the puppy matrix.
  • Options
    In some circles, I'm one of Pete's biggest bashers ...

In others, I'm one of the biggest doogs ...

I take that as a sign of being more on point than not ...

And I take it to also mean that I'm making people THINK and CARE
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

In some circles, I'm one of Pete's biggest bashers ...

In others, I'm one of the biggest doogs ...

I take that as a sign of being more on point than not ...

And I take it to also mean that I'm making people THINK and CARE

You suck at sexting; that's the main thing I've taken away from you this past year.