Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Tony Bennett

Comments

• Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

dhdawg said:

the NCAA tournament is a crapshoot. That's why no one has or will ever fill out a perfect bracket. Sometimes going 29-3, losing your best player to a wrist injury, and then having a bad game against a tom izzo coached team is bad luck. Bill self lost to a terrible stanford team 2 years ago (one of the worst sweet 16 times I've seen). He must suck as well.
    Are the same coaches usually there at the very end? yes. Which is why no one is saying he's coach k, izzo, calipari, etc. But he's damn good, and not even in the romar ballpark

Why are you making excuses for coaches that can't advance in the tourney?

You sound like a Romar supporter.
    as I said, if Bennett is still just spinning his wheels in 10 years I'll admit I was wrong
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BTW, Virginia just won their most recent game 63-47 against Louisville. The 63 points were the second fewest they scored all year. They might not be putting up 80+ regularly, but they are frequently scoring more than 70.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dhdawg said:

dhdawg said:

the NCAA tournament is a crapshoot. That's why no one has or will ever fill out a perfect bracket. Sometimes going 29-3, losing your best player to a wrist injury, and then having a bad game against a tom izzo coached team is bad luck. Bill self lost to a terrible stanford team 2 years ago (one of the worst sweet 16 times I've seen). He must suck as well.
    Are the same coaches usually there at the very end? yes. Which is why no one is saying he's coach k, izzo, calipari, etc. But he's damn good, and not even in the romar ballpark

as I said, if Bennett is still just spinning his wheels in 10 years I'll admit I was wrong
    Why 10 years? This is already his 10th season as a power 5 HC.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    CTB is not coming back.
  • Options

dhdawg said:

dhdawg said:

Okay 5. I believe hell break through soon
  • Options
    dhdawg said:

dhdawg said:

dhdawg said:

Okay 5. I believe hell break through soon
    Fair enough.

See you at the 7-11 on Aurora in the U-District in 5 years.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Romar>Bennett
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2016
    PM Thomas......, Bennett sure does suck
    #FckoutofHere, they enter as a #1 or high 2 seed right now with a win and no lower than a 3 seed with a full collapse
  • Options

#FckoutofHere, they enter as a #1 or high 2 seed right now with a win and no lower than a 3 seed with a full collapse

Romar got a #1 seed once...I guess he's awesome too, huh.
  • Options

Once, if things hold Bennett is gonna have 2 1's and a 2 in 3 years. Maybe even 3 straight 1 seeds if anderson doesn't miss half of 2014-15.
    What's the best romar has done outside of 2004? A 4 seed. After this year bennett will have matched or exceeded that 5 times.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729

Advanced logistics as always
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Cringeworthy troll or complete retard

Which are you Thomas?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,327
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I don't have a DAWG in this fight but doesn't Bennett lose in the first round every year irregardless of his mute point seed?

He's kind of the George Karl of college ball. A pile of shit may be better than Romar but as in football we(?) don't want some mediocre doog legend to replace Romar do we(?)
  • Options

Advanced logistics as always
    I'm not the one that brought some faggy seed talk to the table.

HTH.
  • Options
    Gladstone said:

Cringeworthy troll or complete retard

Which are you Thomas?
    You sound mad.

I thought you were better than this.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    I hate Bennett ball and wouldn't want him or anyone like him at UW, but he's not Mark Few. He's going to break through and win in the tournament, probably soon. Damn good coach. Boring as fuck. Abundance.
  • Options
    dnc said:

I hate Bennett ball and wouldn't want him or anyone like him at UW, but he's not Mark Few. He's going to break through and win in the tournament, probably soon. Damn good coach. Boring as fuck. Abundance.

I don't think this is the team to do it, unless brogdon carries them which is possible
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bennett is the real deal. I would take him in a heartbeat. Winning like he does is fun no matter what.

He will eventually break through. He's won the ACC over Coach K, Pitino, Roy Williams, and Boeheim. That's no doog legend.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    Da fuq did I just read? Losing in a fun way >>>> winning in a boring way?

And Tony Bennett couldn't win with Seattle players. Let's look at this.

In 06/07, he took WSU to the second round. Romar? No postseason.

07/08, he took WSU to the sweet 16. Romar? CBI first round.

Bennett won't come back to the northwest, but if he did, I'd welcome him over Romar any day.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    2001400ex said:

Da fuq did I just read? Losing in a fun way >>>> winning in a boring way?

And Tony Bennett couldn't win with Seattle players. Let's look at this.

In 06/07, he took WSU to the second round. Romar? No postseason.

07/08, he took WSU to the sweet 16. Romar? CBI first round.

Bennett won't come back to the northwest, but if he did, I'd welcome him over Romar any day.

Nobody said they'd take Romar over Bennett dumbass. We said there are other coaches who can win at UW and are better fits than kjstoph2's mancrush.