Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

With both Sanders and Trump calling for single payer health care and increasing taxes on the wealthy

Comments

• Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,244
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    OZONE said:

By the way, the tax rate on the top 1% that Bernie is proposing, is still below the rate paid by that group during the Eisenhower administration... and I've never heard anybody call Eisenhower's policies communist.

You're a good little freeshitter aren't you? It's almost as if you're dumber than a sack of rocks and will just parrot any old bullshit you're told as long as it demonizes someone who has more than you. Stop wanting some imaginary force in the government to equalize things for you, get off your retarded lazy ass and make it happen for yourself.

You can start by educating yourself on marginal tax rates vs. real rate of taxation. It's a myth that anyone actually paid anything REMOTELY close to the 90% rates you're regurgitating. http://almostclassical.blogspot.com/2011/03/90-tax-rate-myth.html
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Then we can all get great care like the VA

Or, you know, Medicare.

But it's totally moot. Single-payer is one of the most unachievable policies out there.
    Majority of Americans support a policy. Policy is completely unachievable. Candidate says system is rigged, need a political revolution. Candidate is unelectable.

Tell me again about how we're the greatest nation on earth. Lol.
    Do you want a real answer on why single-payer is not feasible, or are you just here to bitch and moan about the status quo?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    OZONE said:

OZONE said:

By the way, the tax rate on the top 1% that Bernie is proposing, is still below the rate paid by that group during the Eisenhower administration... and I've never heard anybody call Eisenhower's policies communist.

get off your retarded lazy ass and make it happen for yourself.

Huh? 8 years at MSFT, 5 at TMobile, and 3 at Amazon as a highly paid software dev. I own 3 rental properties in Seattle.

Let's meet up and compare our respective balance sheets, and you'll see who has done more for themselves.

I actually care about the rest of my nation's citizens. I think everybody deserves health care, and wall street welfare needs to end. Bernie is the only candidate honest enough to make this happen.

In conclusion -- fuck off.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

OZONE said:

You're a good little freeshitter aren't you? It's almost as if you're dumber than a sack of rocks and will just parrot any old bullshit you're told as long as it demonizes someone who has more than you. Stop wanting some imaginary force in the government to equalize things for you, get off your retarded lazy ass and make it happen for yourself.

You can start by educating yourself on marginal tax rates vs. real rate of taxation. It's a myth that anyone actually paid anything REMOTELY close to the 90% rates you're regurgitating. http://almostclassical.blogspot.com/2011/03/90-tax-rate-myth.html
    I know two people who are working 2 jobs and probably 50-65 hours a week and they're both professionals. One probably clears 90,000-110,000 in his primary job yet he still has to do this. They still have a lot of debt. I work a several 45-50 hour weeks per yr. It's a little more complicated than "Get off your ass you lazy lib cocksucker" in a lot of cases. Healthscare coverage skyrockets and people who have insurance still get screwed.

Sorry for the threadjack.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    OZONE said:

OZONE said:

Huh? 8 years at MSFT, 5 at TMobile, and 3 at Amazon as a highly paid software dev. I own 3 rental properties in Seattle.

Let's meet up and compare our respective balance sheets, and you'll see who has done more for themselves.

I actually care about the rest of my nation's citizens. I think everybody deserves health care, and wall street welfare needs to end. Bernie is the only candidate honest enough to make this happen.

So don't educate yourself. I don't give a fuck if you remain ignorant to the truth and continue believing that taxing the rich will do shit to help your? nation's citizens. Read the link I posted and the well educated responses below the article if you actually care. What's funny is you think you're intelligent because you wrote code and made a little money. In those 8 years you're so proud of, I generated more than $30,000,000 in tax revenue for your? nation's citizens. Do you think they were able to do more with that money or your 3 rental properties? Do you want to compare dick sizes too?

"With a $3.5 trillion annual budget, all the wealth of Bill Gates ($45B) would fund 1.3% (4.7 days) of the U.S. government. That's it. Not even one week. The 400 richest Americans, all their wealth, would fund the system for 100 days. There are 403 billionaires in the U.S., with a total net worth of $1.28 trillion.

http://almostclassical.blogspot.com/2010_11_01_archive.html

The numbers haven't changed much. You might get 180 days by taking (not even taxing) all the money of the One Percent. Better to grow the economy for everyone than to merely seek some sort of "fairness" through taxes. Then what? The rich would be poor… and the nation, still broke." C.S. Wyatt
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Or, you know, Medicare.

But it's totally moot. Single-payer is one of the most unachievable policies out there.
    Majority of Americans support a policy. Policy is completely unachievable. Candidate says system is rigged, need a political revolution. Candidate is unelectable.

Do you want a real answer on why single-payer is not feasible, or are you just here to bitch and moan about the status quo?
    You'd be the first person to offer a real answer.
  • Options
    Founders Club

OZONE said:

I know two people who are working 2 jobs and probably 50-65 hours a week and they're both professionals. One probably clears 90,000-110,000 in his primary job yet he still has to do this. They still have a lot of debt. I work a several 45-50 hour weeks per yr. It's a little more complicated than "Get off your ass you lazy lib cocksucker" in a lot of cases. Healthscare coverage skyrockets and people who have insurance still get screwed.

You're not hijacking anything Bill and I appreciate the civil discourse. Of course it's more complicated than "Get off your ass you lazy lib cocksucker." My days start at 6:00 and don't end until roughly 8:00 so yeah I get the hard work and hours thing. I pay 100% of my employee's healthcare so I know about getting screwed. However, when some ignorant fuck starts spouting off bullshit about how the rich used to pay 95% taxes, I'm going to call that dumbfuck out and set the record straight. It's a lie designed to cause envy nothing more.
  • Options
    OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

OZONE said:

You're not hijacking anything Bill and I appreciate the civil discourse. Of course it's more complicated than "Get off your ass you lazy lib cocksucker." My days start at 6:00 and don't end until roughly 8:00 so yeah I get the hard work and hours thing. I pay 100% of my employee's healthcare so I know about getting screwed. However, when some ignorant fuck starts spouting off bullshit about how the rich used to pay 95% taxes, I'm going to call that dumbfuck out and set the record straight. It's a lie designed to cause envy nothing more.
    You work hard, but still have plenty of time to hit a message board during the work day.

And who said the rich used to pay 95%? I said the tax rate under a former president used to be in that range. The fact that it was an incremental rate -- changes the argument not one iota. The same incremental process will be used today -- and so the tax rate on the wealthiest americans (whether your shriveled vagina needs to call it incremental) will be lower under Sanders than it was under Eisenhower.

So again, in conclusion -- fuck off.

(but if you want to meet up and compare our balance sheets -- the offer is still open)
  • Options
    Founders Club
    OZONE said:

OZONE said:

You work hard, but still have plenty of time to hit a message board during the work day.

And who said the rich used to pay 95%? I said the tax rate under a former president used to be in that range. The fact that it was an incremental rate -- changes the argument not one iota. The same incremental process will be used today -- and so the tax rate on the wealthiest americans (whether your shriveled vagina needs to call it incremental) will be lower under Sanders than it was under Eisenhower.

So again, in conclusion -- fuck off.

(but if you want to meet up and compare our balance sheets -- the offer is still open)
    Backtrack all you want dumbfuck. You know how I know you have a millimeter peter? Guys with truly big ones don't feel the need to compare.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

OZONE said:

That article, while it does have a point that marginal rates are different than effective rate, is still fucktarded conservative lies. He references 1944. But what about the late 1950s when the top rate was 90% of the amounts over $100k. Then he uses tax receipts as a percentage of GDP and says it's been consistent. But 15% to 20% of GDP is a fucking large difference. That's like a trillion dollars.

Not to mention he ignores the fact that while rates went down later, we added other taxes like social security and Medicare, for example.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

OZONE said:

That article, while it does have a point that marginal rates are different than effective rate, is still fucktarded conservative lies. He references 1944. But what about the late 1950s when the top rate was 90% of the amounts over $100k. Then he uses tax receipts as a percentage of GDP and says it's been consistent. But 15% to 20% of GDP is a fucking large difference. That's like a trillion dollars.

Not to mention he ignores the fact that while rates went down later, we added other taxes like social security and Medicare, for example.
    oh god there is no helping you

• Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Or, you know, Medicare.

You'd be the first person to offer a real answer.
    Then I'll shoot.

Single-payer would first and foremost require an end to the massive medical insurance interests that exist in our country. There is simply way too much lobbying and campaign financing from these corporations to ever allow Congress to pass legislation that would effectively bankrupt their business in the United States. That alone makes single-payer a political non-starter. It's the entire reason Obamacare still caters to the industry; it would have never passed and near universal coverage would have never been achieved had it also ran counter to the interests of insurance companies.

Looking past that, there's also the hurdle (that we wouldn't even get to face until the insurance interests are magically erased from Congress) of how politically digestible single-payer would be to the electorate as a whole. While a majority of Americans may favor single-payer in theory (I don't actually know if that's true, but I'm taking your word for it), passing such a law would eliminate their current healthcare plan and start them over from scratch. That's a tough pill to swallow for every well-to-do American who already receives excellent healthcare coverage.

Then there's the issue of taxes, which would almost certainly have to be increased to finance a single-payer system. Of course, the rise in taxes would almost certainly be offset by the elimination of private healthcare premiums for a majority of Americans, but good luck convincing the electorate to make that connection and agree to a brand new payroll tax.

All of that combines for one impossible piece of legislation to push through. Bernie is promising rainbows and bullshit by even putting it on his platform.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

OZONE said:

...does this mean that you wingers that don't want single payer health care, and don't want your dads paying higher taxes... will become Hillary supporters?

If Trump's the GOP candidate I'm voting libertarian again. Trump is unpredictable as hell, I don't trust him to follow through with anything he's saying, good or bad.

Hillary is shady as fuck.

Bernies honest, but an honest commie is still a commie.

Fuck them all.
    I like to compliment someone's honesty and then immediately be completely dishonest about their position. I like to do that.
    I like to not be able to take a joke about my candidate, I like to do that.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

...does this mean that you wingers that don't want single payer health care, and don't want your dads paying higher taxes... will become Hillary supporters?

If Trump's the GOP candidate I'm voting libertarian again. Trump is unpredictable as hell, I don't trust him to follow through with anything he's saying, good or bad.

Fuck them all.
    Bernie is a Democratic Socialist, not a Communist.

If you have to make up lies to make your point, you are doing nothing but exposing just how poor your point is.
    No shit man. It's called a punchline. Pretty sure everyone here understands he's not a commie, d2d notwithstanding.

I respect Bernie's integrity. I don't respect his policies.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    OZONE said:

OZONE said:

I love 7-11 throwdowns over wallet size.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

The numbers haven't changed much. You might get 180 days by taking (not even taxing) all the money of the One Percent. Better to grow the economy for everyone than to merely seek some sort of "fairness" through taxes. Then what? The rich would be poor… and the nation, still broke." C.S. Wyatt
    You napkin math is off by more than a factor of 10.

Total wealth in the us = $85.9T

Top 1% own 34.6% of US wealth

85.9*.346 = $29.7T, or enough to run the US government for 8.5 years, or 17 times longer than you suggested.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,424
    Swaye's Wigwam

Or, you know, Medicare.

With medicare you could keep your doctor.

At this point we need to overhaul the system because we keep making it worse. People want those that can't afford care to get it. I do.

The question is how to do that while also allowing those that got good insurance from their job or union to keep it and keep the free choice of providers and care.

Obamacare was written by insurance companies. They were the only winners. Everyone else lost.

If I actually thought we could eliminate insurance with single payer and bring back our level of care I could go for it. I don't have a lot of trust
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

Fuck them all.
    Bernie is a Democratic Socialist, not a Communist.

If you have to make up lies to make your point, you are doing nothing but exposing just how poor your point is.
    No shit man. It's called a punchline. Pretty sure everyone here understands he's not a commie, d2d notwithstanding.

I respect Bernie's integrity. I don't respect his policies.
    He's a career politician, nuff said on that..