Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Robot Rubio beep boop beep

13»

Comments

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    haie said:

2001400ex said:

Meanwhile Trump says every 10 minutes, "we're gonna build a wall, it's gonna be a GREAT wall, and Mexico is going to pay for it" and nothing happens.

Fucking republicans are coogin' this shit.

Can't wait for all those people calling Obama a liar because he didn't fulfill every campaign promise to watch Trump not fulfill one campaign promise.

Trump is going to call Ford and tell them to close Mexican operations and build cars in America again.
    Needed to lean back with more throttle. With the paddle tires, he should have been able to skip the puddle.
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,792

Rubio is a total lightweight. I'm not sure he would play so well in the general.

If he had to debate Hillary right now it would be a trainwreck. As has been pointed out, Rubio has a problem of sticking to memorized speeches and hugging the same talking points. But I see the same problem with Trump and Bernie too. Trump is all about building a wall, banning Muslims, and winning because he's the most awesome winner to ever win. Bernie *always* has to get back to his points of "fuck the 1%, fuck wall street, free college for everyone, tone down the military."

It gets them all by (for the most part) in inter-party debates because there's a much smaller discrepancy of viewpoints on a lot of issues, and many of which don't even need to be brought up because of the unanimous inter-party agreement on them. But when 1v1 presidential debates come around and big time issues and attacks are brought up, I'm not convinced any of them can hold their own *at this point in time* against serious and experienced debaters. Their lack of experience will definitely show

Whether you like them or not, the experience of Hillary/Kasich/Bush/Christie makes them much more suited for general election debates than the Rubio/Trump/Bernie crowd. The exception is Ted Cruz, who has similar experience to Rubio but has shown he has a more concrete personal political philosophy (as well as debate skills) that will translate well to a general election.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,356 Founders Club

NEsnake12 said:

Rubio is a total lightweight. I'm not sure he would play so well in the general.

If he had to debate Hillary right now it would be a trainwreck. As has been pointed out, Rubio has a problem of sticking to memorized speeches and hugging the same talking points. But I see the same problem with Trump and Bernie too. Trump is all about building a wall, banning Muslims, and winning because he's the most awesome winner to ever win. Bernie *always* has to get back to his points of "fuck the 1%, fuck wall street, free college for everyone, tone down the military."

It gets them all by (for the most part) in inter-party debates because there's a much smaller discrepancy of viewpoints on a lot of issues, and many of which don't even need to be brought up because of the unanimous inter-party agreement on them. But when 1v1 presidential debates come around and big time issues and attacks are brought up, I'm not convinced any of them can hold their own *at this point in time* against serious and experienced debaters. Their lack of experience will definitely show

Whether you like them or not, the experience of Hillary/Kasich/Bush/Christie makes them much more suited for general election debates than the Rubio/Trump/Bernie crowd. The exception is Ted Cruz, who has similar experience to Rubio but has shown he has a more concrete personal political philosophy (as well as debate skills) that will translate well to a general election.

If you think Cruz translates well in the general election, you're a fucking idiot.
    This. The only hope the GOP has, unless Hillary gets indicted, is that somehow Rubio can get his shit together or Kasich can get traction. Cruz and Trump aren't going to win. Of course I said Trump wouldn't win a single state in the primary. I'm an idiot.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    NEsnake12 said:

If this were the 40's and the debates were on the radio, I'd agree. Cruz says much smarter things and generally has his shit together relative to the others. His problem is these things are televised and recorded, and he looks way too creepy saying his smart things to have a prayer in the general election.
    Just realized I just said Ted Cruz could have won an election in the 40's. I meant based on his debate abilities. Obviously no hispanic would have had a prayer back then. Obvious correction is obvious.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    Swaye said:

NEsnake12 said:

If you think Cruz translates well in the general election, you're a fucking idiot.
    This. The only hope the GOP has, unless Hillary gets indicted, is that somehow Rubio can get his shit together or Kasich can get traction. Cruz and Trump aren't going to win. Of course I said Trump wouldn't win a single state in the primary. I'm an idiot.
    Why? What has Hillary ever done to make people think she'll beat anyone?
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,110

Swaye said:

NEsnake12 said:

Why? What has Hillary any of the candidates ever done to make people think she'll they'll beat anyone?
    None of these fucks seem qualified to me.

• doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    I'm not sure that even Cruz's mother actually likes him, which is probably a good place to start for anyone interested in winning national elections.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,332 Swaye's Wigwam

I'm not sure that even Cruz's mother actually likes him, which is probably a good place to start for anyone interested in winning national elections.

I believe the correct term is madre.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,356 Founders Club

Swaye said:

NEsnake12 said:

Super delegates. Rigged debate schedule. Everything is against Sanders. This isn't an even up fight. The DNC machine won't let him win.
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

NEsnake12 said:

Super delegates. Rigged debate schedule. Everything is against Sanders. This isn't an even up fight. The DNC machine won't let him win.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,448 Founders Club
    Awfully warm for November
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,587
    Kasich is by far the most impressive candidate running. But will he get the electorate to realize that? If he can get past the primaries, his centrist platform will give him a great shot to win the general election.
    edited February 2016
    HFNY said:

Kasich is by far the most impressive candidate running. But will he get the electorate to realize that? If he can get past the primaries, his centrist platform will give him a great shot to win the general election.

I get the reasoning behind this, but it's been awhile since it worked. When was the last time a centrist won the general election? William Jefferson?
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    HFNY said:

That's why independents are voting Trump/Sanders.