Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

sounds like Jen Cohen will be the new AD

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,053
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
they're working out details on a long term deal.

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

If she truly loves football and will do right by our program then great.

If we still see the same old approach as Woodward and Turner then it will be very disappointing.

I feel the same way. I know she really cares about football and gets that it is most important.

What I am worried about is that she won't make the changes necessary to improve athletics (Marketing, engagement with fan base, understanding the fan base, etc.)

She would have to prove some stuff right away and show a difference from what we've seen for 20+ years. I think she has what it takes to be a good AD, I just don't know if she'll do what is necessary.
  • Options
    DawgtonaDawgtona Member Posts: 705
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,998
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Lazy hire IMO

TL,DR.

YES!, I've always wanted to do that. but, I agree.
  • Options
    Alexis said:

Tequilla said:

Lazy hire IMO

TL,DR.

YES!, I've always wanted to do that. but, I agree.
    I can, and I'm sure will, give the TL, DR version at some point when it becomes official
  • Options

If we still see the same old approach as Woodward and Turner then it will be very disappointing.

I feel the same way. I know she really cares about football and gets that it is most important.

What I am worried about is that she won't make the changes necessary to improve athletics (Marketing, engagement with fan base, understanding the fan base, etc.)

She would have to prove some stuff right away and show a difference from what we've seen for 20+ years. I think she has what it takes to be a good AD, I just don't know if she'll do what is necessary.
    I'd feel much better about the hire if she had direct experience as an AD with some kind of track record. She doesn't have that.

I do get the impression that the AD is trying to solve some of the problems. I question whether or not they currently have the right brain power in place to actually execute a strategy to mitigate.

By all accounts she cares and I think that as a result is that she's going to work harder in the role than perhaps some others that we've had. The biggest concern that I have is that she will be in a position where she's learning on the job. She'll make mistakes and the big question to me is whether or not she'll be in over her head long-term or whether she'll rise to the occasion by learning on the job.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,078
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2016
    I only like this move if we can then ship her off to USC as a plant, and then truly fuck over their football team with an increased focus on Woman's Softball.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

What I am worried about is that she won't make the changes necessary to improve athletics (Marketing, engagement with fan base, understanding the fan base, etc.) winning

YWIA
  • Options
    section_332section_332 Member Posts: 2,403
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    UW is a volleyball school. Always has been