Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Pac 12 Non-Conference Schedules for 2016 (J. Wilner)

MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
quick analysis by the objective Jon Wilner (Merc News) about each Pac 12 team's non-conf schedule next year.

the interesting part (to me, anyway) is the handful of comments. It's a Bay Area publication and most of the comments are from embarrassed Husky fans who feel our? non-conf schedule is a joke to the tradition of Husky football. Pool Boy's legacy and Sark's demands to play the easiest schedule possible. Fuck those guys.

blogs.mercurynews.com/collegesports/2016/01/28/pac-12-football-the-noncon-skeds/

Comments

• Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,197
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited February 2016
    I could really care less about OOC games

Win the Pac 12 and your OOC games and you're in the playoff. Stanford beats Northwestern they would have been in I think.

The only benefit to playing difficult OOC games is for the season ticket holders so we don't think we are being completely raped.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    HuskyJW said:

Win the Pac 12 and your OOC games and you're in the playoff. Stanford beats Northwestern they would have been in I think.

The only benefit to playing difficult OOC games is for the season ticket holders so we don't think we are being completely raped.

Don James said that it was important to play at least one tough OOC opponent to prepare his team for the conference season.
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    On the flip side - it's really FS to play two OOC road games against teams like BYU and A&M.

Play one TUFF OOC, and then dreck. That's the formula.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,513
    Founders Club

On the flip side - it's really FS to play two OOC road games against teams like BYU and A&M.

You must be knew. Everyone knows that the formula is push up the middle and heat from the edge.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    Poolboy and Cutty strike again.
  • Options
    IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    Wilner is your source??
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

HuskyJW said:

Don James said that it was important to play at least one tough OOC opponent to prepare his team for the conference season.
    Don James believed in an ABC schedule. This is a CFF schedule
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,753
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    House Money has you guys locked in the Heart of Dallas again with a possible upgrade to Vegas.
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

HuskyJW said:

I hate it, but this is true. All the talk about SOS is a bunch of mumbo jumbo. A two loss team with the toughest schedule in the country still isn't getting in over a one loss team. That is especially true for UW. Maybe a blueblood could get in over TCU or Baylor in that scenario. I doubt it, but maybe.
    Agree, but when the playoff eventually expands to 8, SOS will matter more.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

HuskyJW said:

I hate it, but this is true. All the talk about SOS is a bunch of mumbo jumbo. A two loss team with the toughest schedule in the country still isn't getting in over a one loss team. That is especially true for UW. Maybe a blueblood could get in over TCU or Baylor in that scenario. I doubt it, but maybe.
    This is why I firmly believe you need to get the 4 teams up to 8. Allow for the conference champions and then a handful of at larges.
  • Options

salemcoog said:

House Money has you guys locked in the Heart of Dallas again with a possible upgrade to Vegas.

How about the cuogs? I predict you guys get seriously ass-raped in the Apple Cup again.
    $20 Svens at the 7-11 Punk.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

HuskyJW said:

This is why I firmly believe you need to get the 4 teams up to 8. Allow for the conference champions and then a handful of at larges.
    Who didn't get in that should have these last 2 Seasons?

Axeing for a fren.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Stanford won the PAC this year ... probably better than Michigan State. Ohio State laid an egg in a game ... probably worth being in the picture. If Ole Miss didn't have a late season 1 point loss to Arkansas, it's possible that Alabama would have been left out.

I'm not convinced that TCU/Baylor last year should have been in ahead of any other team (although I do think that TCU was very deserving of a spot), I don't think that there was enough evidence to suggest that they were any less deserving of somebody else.

As parity becomes a larger piece of the puzzle, it's going to become even more painful trying to separate teams.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,227
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

Tequilla said:

HuskyJW said:

Axeing for a fren.
    The third place team in the pac 12 norte this year
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,197

HuskyJW said:

Agree, but when the playoff eventually expands to 8, SOS will matter more.
    I like 6 with the top 2 getting byes.

Just me though.
  • Options

salemcoog said:

Tequilla said:

HuskyJW said:

Axeing for a fren.
    The third place team in the pac 12 norte this year
    Unfortunately they haven't added the internet poll option.

Yet.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

HuskyJW said:

Don James believed in an ABC schedule. This is a CFF schedule
    Your favorite AD Pool Boy and HC Sark are the ones that fought for these changes.

This is what happens when fucktards like you support losers.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,136
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

You must be knew. Everyone knows that the formula is push up the middle and heat from the edge.
    @Passion??!!?? True??!!?!!11!!??