Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Profiles in Courage: Seattle Times Opinion Piece on Gun Control

13»

Comments

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,930
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

priapism said:

The only thing that stops a dictator from seizing power in this country, or some asshole official/cop from going way too far, is the the 2nd Amendment. I'll take thousands of dead every year in gang and domestic violence, over millions to billions dead in inevitable purges, because the balance in power between citizens/military is annihilated.

Yeah because rednecks with no formal training are a huge threat to the strongest military on the planet.
    I think you might be surprised at how many members of the military would flatly refuse to do active battle with US citizens. The military respects the constitution and citizens more than the jack booted thugs in police ninja suits do.
    Agree with the 1st half. Disagree with the 2nd. Many of the jack booted thugs in ninja suits spent time in the military and part of the communities they serve. I don't necessarily see them taking up arms against the citizenry.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,066
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

priapism said:

The only thing that stops a dictator from seizing power in this country, or some asshole official/cop from going way too far, is the the 2nd Amendment. I'll take thousands of dead every year in gang and domestic violence, over millions to billions dead in inevitable purges, because the balance in power between citizens/military is annihilated.

Yeah because rednecks with no formal training are a huge threat to the strongest military on the planet.
    Yeah, just like a bunch of rice paddy farmers in Viet Nam weren't a huge threat to the French (ROFL) or the strongest military on the planet. Just like a bunch of Shia and Sunni fucks weren't a threat to the strongest military on the planet.

Everyone who fucking says this acts like no insurgency anywhere has ever succeeded. Fucking Castro left Mexico with 150 or dudes, got caught in a storm and something like 20 or less made it to Cuba without drowning or getting captured.
    Fucking this.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,066
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

priapism said:

I think you might be surprised at how many members of the military would flatly refuse to do active battle with US citizens. The military respects the constitution and citizens more than the jack booted thugs in police ninja suits do.
    Agree with the 1st half. Disagree with the 2nd. Many of the jack booted thugs in ninja suits spent time in the military and part of the communities they serve. I don't necessarily see them taking up arms against the citizenry.
    I don't have your faith. Now, small town cops and stuff, sure, agree. But big city police forces and federal agents? Um, yeah. Hi Ruby Ridge. Hi Waco. Hi three hundred other out of control police issues. I like cops for the most part. Where I live they are well integrated into the community and do a lot of good. But big city cops and federals are a whole different ballgame. The jack booted thug variety of ballgame and trusting them is not part of my game plan.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,120
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    people really under appreciate running water and food.

if those go away, or are economically blocked from any population group, shit will hit the fan harder and faster than any of us would believe.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,250
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

if those go away, or are economically blocked from any population group, shit will hit the fan harder and faster than any of us would believe.

Be prepared
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Take this shit to the Prepper board!
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

priapism said:

I don't have your faith. Now, small town cops and stuff, sure, agree. But big city police forces and federal agents? Um, yeah. Hi Ruby Ridge. Hi Waco. Hi three hundred other out of control police issues. I like cops for the most part. Where I live they are well integrated into the community and do a lot of good. But big city cops and federals are a whole different ballgame. The jack booted thug variety of ballgame and trusting them is not part of my game plan.
    so you ARE in favor of an all Syrian refugee domestic Federale police strike force? or NOT???
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    ^^ Fuckin' goofy, man