Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Presented Without Comment

2»

Comments

• Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited November 2015
    JECAR said:

Expect a signing day switch with Eifler. This is the second time he's tweeted about looking around and then changed his tune a few hours later.

Love sounds like he's solid to UW

Huffman seems to think that Eifler won't be going anywhere but UW. Said that Nap would kill him if he did....
    Yeah I can't imagine a kid from the bay, whose parents teach at cal and coach is a UW legend would flip to SC. ND, Michigan, Stanford, SEC...maybe. But USC? No way.

Id bet this Love guy flips tho. Just a total guess on a SoCal kid and SC pull. Sucks.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyJW said:

Choate will get a DC job sometime soon I would imagine.

I doubt it. He's a coaching journeyman. Kwiakuntski has only coached for Peterman. On one hand, that makes him seem unlikely to leave. On another, most coaches like a new challenge after a certain amount of time. If the offense continues to struggle, he could get pissed and try coaching elsewhere.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

brchco12 said:

When our defensive staff leaves this off season so will the recruits.

If Petersen can't keep the staff together, he's not the coach we thought he was. Probably not as courageous a statement as it would have been two month ago, but still.
    He already is not the coach I thought he was. I remember Boise being a more run oriented offense than what we have. I don't remember them actively trying to be a finesse team. Maybe he corrects that this off season but I am betting against it. I am losing the faith.
    If they finish 6-6 and get to a bowl game then there a certain level of me that understands with the youth. We lost every tie breaker for a bowl game though in conference minus Arizona. I don't expect us to win 6. Hanging on to this recruiting class is going to be hard if they lose again. Kids watch the games too.
    http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/boise-state/2011.html

I don't know, 171 yards rushing a game with Doug Martin, who only ran for 1,300 yards. And they had a way better offensive line then us against 8 shit bag teams a year.

I remember a team that was sound on both sides of the ball and had an open passing attack. Not air raid style, but they threw a lot.

I also remember a team in 2013 that Sark made look silly, they looked un focused.

Hopefully these kids look at what Petersen can do, not what he's showing this year. And I hope Petersen pulls his head out of his ass and comes with a better game plan the next two weeks. I know it's a running joke about bowl game practices and a young team. But this off season, hopefully we can make strides like the pirate did, but better.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,982
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    2001400ex said:

brchco12 said:

If Petersen can't keep the staff together, he's not the coach we thought he was. Probably not as courageous a statement as it would have been two month ago, but still.
    He already is not the coach I thought he was. I remember Boise being a more run oriented offense than what we have. I don't remember them actively trying to be a finesse team. Maybe he corrects that this off season but I am betting against it. I am losing the faith.
    If they finish 6-6 and get to a bowl game then there a certain level of me that understands with the youth. We lost every tie breaker for a bowl game though in conference minus Arizona. I don't expect us to win 6. Hanging on to this recruiting class is going to be hard if they lose again. Kids watch the games too.

I don't know, 171 yards rushing a game with Doug Martin, who only ran for 1,300 yards. And they had a way better offensive line then us against 8 shit bag teams a year.

I remember a team that was sound on both sides of the ball and had an open passing attack. Not air raid style, but they threw a lot.

I also remember a team in 2013 that Sark made look silly, they looked un focused.

Hopefully these kids look at what Petersen can do, not what he's showing this year. And I hope Petersen pulls his head out of his ass and comes with a better game plan the next two weeks. I know it's a running joke about bowl game practices and a young team. But this off season, hopefully we can make strides like the pirate did, but better.
    Some of the other years they rushed a lot more than that but that is interesting with Martin they were completely balanced.
    The thing that is troubling is that the team in hand right now screams to get the ball to gaskin more and we keep having 3rd and 22 because we are putting too much on true freshman linemen and a true freshman qb.
    Also, how many rushing attempts are the wild swede? Any number is too high.
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited November 2015

JECAR said:

Expect a signing day switch with Eifler. This is the second time he's tweeted about looking around and then changed his tune a few hours later.

Huffman seems to think that Eifler won't be going anywhere but UW. Said that Nap would kill him if he did....
    Yeah I can't imagine a kid from the bay, whose parents teach at cal and coach is a UW legend would flip to SC. ND, Michigan, Stanford, SEC...maybe. But USC? No way.

Id bet this Love guy flips tho. Just a total guess on a SoCal kid and SC pull. Sucks.
    Love's only a 3 star

2001400ex said:

brchco12 said:

Some of the other years they rushed a lot more than that but that is interesting with Martin they were completely balanced.
    The thing that is troubling is that the team in hand right now screams to get the ball to gaskin more and we keep having 3rd and 22 because we are putting too much on true freshman linemen and a true freshman qb.
    Jesus Fuck, our OL is bad, our QB is average at best, and we may have the most pathetic group of WR in the history of mankind. I know, gotta have someone to blame, it's easier that way. The reality is our offense sucks. Gaskin is damn good, but he can not overcome the shit show of the rest of the offense. And the trick play shit is outright pathetic. WTF were you expecting? A new OC? OK, I'm with ya.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,982
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    HuskyInAZ said:

JECAR said:

Love's only a 3 star

2001400ex said:

brchco12 said:

Jesus Fuck, our OL is bad, our QB is average at best, and we may have the most pathetic group of WR in the history of mankind. I know, gotta have someone to blame, it's easier that way. The reality is our offense sucks. Gaskin is damn good, but he can not overcome the shit show of the rest of the offense. And the trick play shit is outright pathetic. WTF were you expecting? A new OC? OK, I'm with ya.
    The expectation would be more 3rd and 4 or even 3rd and 6's. I hate 3rd and 22 which seems to happen a ton this year. Yes the offense sucks. But if they could just suck a little less uw would have 7 wins already going into the last week of the season.

Next year they're going to win more games. But probably lose one or two on shitty scheme and play calling.

This offensive line is not good. But they are light years ahead of the 2012 team.

Utah, Arizona state and cal are games they got too cute in. Win 2 of those and that's an impressive year for a bunch of sophs and freshmen.