Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Screwed....

This is the 2nd time Eifler has been on the fence now in the past 2 months, now he is publicly asking to go on official visits in a passive aggressive way.

Terrific.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Puts Pete in a really bad spot ...

Don't let him take trips and you probably run the risk of losing him ...

Let him take trips and not only do you run the risk of losing him, but you compromise your philosophy ...

Considering that they've more or less shut down recruiting for a while, they likely won't replace him in this class if he goes elsewhere.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Who's recruiting at USC?
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Love is solid to UW.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Who's recruiting at USC?

USC, how it's always been
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,907
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Expect a signing day switch with Eifler. This is the second time he's tweeted about looking around and then changed his tune a few hours later.

Love sounds like he's solid to UW
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Awfully fucking warm, TBS cronies.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited November 2015

They gone.

Next.

Wait, there isn't a next.

We only have room for 11 or 12 out of this class anyway. Simple math proves when you subtract the seniors and add in scholarships awarded to walk-on's who have worked hard in practice and demonstrated OKG leadership, the # of available slots in this class might be even lower.
  • Options
    JECARJECAR Member Posts: 580

Expect a signing day switch with Eifler. This is the second time he's tweeted about looking around and then changed his tune a few hours later.

Huffman seems to think that Eifler won't be going anywhere but UW. Said that Nap would kill him if he did....
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited November 2015
    JECAR said:

Huffman seems to think that Eifler won't be going anywhere but UW. Said that Nap would kill him if he did....
    Yeah I'm going to bet on Nip on this one.

Eifler just likes attention. LB is one position that I couldn't understand waffling because of this season- Shaq and Timu leave to the NFL and we get even better??!? (granted us hardcore fans knew Timu sucked but its a narrative.)

Coaching on the D side is elite and we are going to be churning out NFL players over there for the next few years especially at LB.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,982
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    When our defensive staff leaves this off season so will the recruits.
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    MisterEm said:

Awfully fucking windy, TBS cronies.

• Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    Founders Club

If Petersen can't keep the staff together, he's not the coach we thought he was. Probably not as courageous a statement as it would have been two month ago, but still.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    Choate will get a DC job sometime soon I would imagine.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,982
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2015
    brchco12 said:

If Petersen can't keep the staff together, he's not the coach we thought he was. Probably not as courageous a statement as it would have been two month ago, but still.
    He already is not the coach I thought he was. I remember Boise being a more run oriented offense than what we have. I don't remember them actively trying to be a finesse team. Maybe he corrects that this off season but I am betting against it. I am losing the faith.
    If they finish 6-6 and get to a bowl game then there a certain level of me that understands with the youth. We lost every tie breaker for a bowl game though in conference minus Arizona. I don't expect us to win 6. Hanging on to this recruiting class is going to be hard if they lose again. Kids watch the games too.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

brchco12 said:

He already is not the coach I thought he was. I remember Boise being a more run oriented offense than what we have. I don't remember them actively trying to be a finesse team. Maybe he corrects that this off season but I am betting against it. I am losing the faith.
    If they finish 6-6 and get to a bowl game then there a certain level of me that understands with the youth. We lost every tie breaker for a bowl game though in conference minus Arizona. I don't expect us to win 6. Hanging on to this recruiting class is going to be hard if they lose again. Kids watch the games too.
    Tie breakers for bowls aren't necessarily decided by who won on the field.

No, it's who brings the most fans or who will generate the most money for that bowl. Bowls can jump a team with a better record (by 1 game) if they so choose, so you'll almost always see USC go to a decent bowl.

So when we finish 4-5 in conference, we could be picked ahead of Cal, Arizona, and ASU based on our travel history, but only so long as the bowl committee decides on us.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    Founders Club

brchco12 said:

If we lose the defensive staff I will join you. Petersen is too old to try to rebuild his staff, the writing will be on the wall.