Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I Get Surveys ...

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Link?

If you are a season ticket holder or someone that regularly buys tickets through the ticket office, I would expect that you'd get the survey. If not, you probably don't need to see the survey anyway.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,704 Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Link?

If you are a season ticket holder or someone that regularly buys tickets through the ticket office, I would expect that you'd get the survey. If not, you probably don't need to see the survey anyway.
  • section_332section_332 Member Posts: 2,403
    This season has really shown me the game day experience is terrible.

What I can't stand the most is those fucking student whatever the fuck things between quarters and what's his name up on the screen. Promo videos are the worst also. Show some scores or highlights of stuff we are missing. Or old highlights back when we were good before people my age remembered.

The zone dont bother me cause I bring in the flask all the time. In fact that's a plus, they really look the other way with that.

For example, I don't care that they have a situation between quarters where you throw passes or kick a FG to try to earn money. In fact, I'm all for that. What I'm not for though is finding the most unathletic uncoordinated unprepared person possible that can't even hope to throw the ball through a hole. When I've made money on the season betting those in my section with a constant taking of the under 1.5 or 2.5 throws in 30 seconds, it's not entertaining at all.

Now, go find somebody that won the intramural championship that can throw 5-6 balls from 30 yards through and the kid wins $2,000 or whatever in the process, it's pretty easy for the crowd to get behind them.

The car races seeing kids try to fake excitement is pathetic.
  • MrsPetersenMrsPetersen Member Posts: 724
    Tequilla said:

The student composition is also driving the terrible tailgating. We normally park up by the Business School because we aren't interested in paying the E1 prices but trying to find a parking spot up there can be a big problem at times because the lot is completely over run with students parking and going to the library.

When you go elsewhere in the country, notably some of the more recent trips that I've taken that have included KState and TAMU, while I understand that they are in smaller towns and community, the fact of the matter is that on the day of the game, the only thing that matters in the community is THAT game. That's how it used to be at UW. It's not how it is treated now.

We have a Tyee pass for the stupid Central Plaza Garage, at two games last year we practically had to fight with them to let us use our pass since the garage was NO FOOTBALL PARKING. Probably some Glee Club Soiree at Meany.

Tequilla said:

The student composition is also driving the terrible tailgating. We normally park up by the Business School because we aren't interested in paying the E1 prices but trying to find a parking spot up there can be a big problem at times because the lot is completely over run with students parking and going to the library.

When you go elsewhere in the country, notably some of the more recent trips that I've taken that have included KState and TAMU, while I understand that they are in smaller towns and community, the fact of the matter is that on the day of the game, the only thing that matters in the community is THAT game. That's how it used to be at UW. It's not how it is treated now.

We have a Tyee pass for the stupid Central Plaza Garage, at two games last year we practically had to fight with them to let us use our pass since the garage was NO FOOTBALL PARKING. Probably some Glee Club Soiree at Meany.
    That ranks right up there with them trying to look into your car to figure out whether or not you have 3 or more people in the car even though there's about 6 of us yelling at the person
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Link?

Take that bitch.

Season ticket holder superiority guy just took @TheGloves off.
    Free pub!
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,171
    Tequilla said:

When my wife was a grad student at the University of Wisconsin she had to go into the lab on weekends sometimes or her experiments would die. This was a huge pain because Wisconsin embraces the football experience and sells every single parking space on campus for tailgating. Workers have nowhere to park on campus at that time.

Of course Wisconsin isn't a peer institution so I have no idea why I would make that comparison.
  • whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    Tequilla said:

For example, I don't care that they have a situation between quarters where you throw passes or kick a FG to try to earn money. In fact, I'm all for that. What I'm not for though is finding the most unathletic uncoordinated unprepared person possible that can't even hope to throw the ball through a hole. When I've made money on the season betting those in my section with a constant taking of the under 1.5 or 2.5 throws in 30 seconds, it's not entertaining at all.

Now, go find somebody that won the intramural championship that can throw 5-6 balls from 30 yards through and the kid wins $2,000 or whatever in the process, it's pretty easy for the crowd to get behind them.

The car races seeing kids try to fake excitement is pathetic.

I care. Everything they do is corny and stupid. Rob Weller
    never needed that kind of shit during timeouts and was highly
    entertaining. Put up old Husky highlights or highlights from
    other games on the Jumbotron. For Christ sakes if you're not there to watch football,
    why are you there? Once again catering to the lowest common
    denominator of fan.
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,969 Standard Supporter
    I'm curious, since I haven't been to a Husky away game since my undergrad days (I'm in @Tequilla and @Fire_Marshall_Bill 's age bracket), how similar/different are the gameday experiences for most of the conference? Is the Husky Stadium experience an outlier or part of the norm? My only other point of reference I have is going to a Longhorn game in Austin 3 years ago, and even though the team was in a slump those folks still know how to do gameday right. (I realize it's not a fair comparison, for a whole multitude of reasons.) I wonder how much our marketing department has based their current strategies based on what's going on at other schools and think it's what they need to do to draw in younger fans.

I haven't filled out my survey yet. Is there a section to add your own comments? I think I might just cut and paste the URL of this thread and add, "read this you Crazy Larry dipshits!"
    There are parts to make comments ...

I haven't gone to a lot of other places in the conference ... a lot of the challenges that the conference has is that so many schools are in urban settings so they probably think that they should fall back to what professional teams do instead of college teams.
  • PellumPridePellumPride Member Posts: 60
    trying to find a parking spot up there can be a big problem at times because the lot is completely over run with students parking and going to the library.

of all the stuff i've read on here, this has got to be the most troubling for all of u.
  • MuttzenMuttzen Member Posts: 1,015
    edited November 2015
    I had the (dis)pleasure of being a student during the willingham years. Even through most of 2008, it felt like the stadium was more full than it has been this year. At the point when I was a student, it had been about 7 years since being relevant. Now we? are at double the time span of being irrelevant (14 years).

Hey AD, maybe try not putting a shit product on the field for a decade and a half. HTH
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    Muttzen said:

I had the (dis)pleasure of being a student during the willingham years. Even through most of 2008, it felt like the stadium was more full than it has been this year. At the point when I was a student, it had been about 7 years since being relevant. Now we? are at double the time span of being irrelevant (14 years).

Hey AD, maybe try not putting a shit product on the field for a decade and a half. HTH

Courageous fan you are. T's and P's to your liver.
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,354 Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Link?

I'm just wondering if it's the same one they distributed earlier this season. Did you not get that one? I know my buddy in Husky Heritage didn't get it.

• BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    Entitlement off the charts

Tequilla said:

Link?

I'm just wondering if it's the same one they distributed earlier this season. Did you not get that one? I know my buddy in Husky Heritage didn't get it.

Different