Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I Get Surveys ...

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Doogles said:

The nerdy Asian student argument is overblown. I look at footage from the 90s and it wasn't just the students going crazy. It was a lot of UW hick versions of Popcorn and flag waiving guy going ape shit for bad ass football.

Those guys have all moved on to being 12s now. That's what 15 years of shit football do to you. It's about winning and getting the young guys caught up in the magic.

I was a kid in Seattle while my dad went to school there 88-91. Grew up in student housing and watched the legends play and sound the siren and win.

I went to a UC for school. I haven't lived in Washington for 18 years. I still spend most of my miserable life following this shit team. It's not the nerdy student body. Nerdy Asians are actually quite fanatical and will pack a house to watch a robot hello kitty get raped by jello.

WIN MORE GAMES.

• AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    Seems relevant (also, I've been to this place - Robot Restaurant in Kabukicho - it's very awesome)

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,358 Founders Club

Swaye said:

I know it has been mentioned already, but the student body composition is a huge issue. A bunch of fucking nerd Asians are not going to fill the stadium. Half the student body aren't even Washington kids anymore.

There are tons of issues, but the big three are shitty team, student body, stupid gimmicky gameday atmosphere, in that order. So, get a real fucking coach, start letting normal kids back into the school, burn Crazy Larry at the 50 for halftime entertainment. Viola.

We are so fucked.

They're never going back to letting in 3.5 Washington kids, those new dorms over on 40th aren't going to pay for themselves.
    I would never get into UW if I applied now.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,590 Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

I know it has been mentioned already, but the student body composition is a huge issue. A bunch of fucking nerd Asians are not going to fill the stadium. Half the student body aren't even Washington kids anymore.

There are tons of issues, but the big three are shitty team, student body, stupid gimmicky gameday atmosphere, in that order. So, get a real fucking coach, start letting normal kids back into the school, burn Crazy Larry at the 50 for halftime entertainment. Viola.

We are so fucked.

They're never going back to letting in 3.5 Washington kids, those new dorms over on 40th aren't going to pay for themselves.

So you aren't a native?

The Asian kids from the Seattle area are good fans, it's a matter of familiarity not genes. If the team was winning then the children of new immigrants would be innoculated early with what a good program means.

Quite honestly, that's what I meant. It's not that they are asian, it's that they are asian from another country or CA and don't give one flying fuck about UW football. They are in Suzzallo all the fucking time anyway. Losers.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    PurpleJ said:

Tequilla said:

Link?

If you are a season ticket holder or someone that regularly buys tickets through the ticket office, I would expect that you'd get the survey. If not, you probably don't need to see the survey anyway.
    Who the fuck would buy UW season tickets right now?
    Because I'm old, rich, and white ... do I need another reason?
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,590 Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

PurpleJ said:

Tequilla said:

Link?

If you are a season ticket holder or someone that regularly buys tickets through the ticket office, I would expect that you'd get the survey. If not, you probably don't need to see the survey anyway.
    Who the fuck would buy UW season tickets right now?
    Because I'm old, rich, and white ... do I need another reason?
    Yes

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

We are so fucked.

So you aren't a native?
    Good point. I should really use my tribal card to get more shit. But yeah, my 3.4 GPA in HS is shit, and would never get me in unless I went the pussy "I'm a poor disadvantaged minority" route.
  • Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,953 Founders Club
    AZDuck said:

Seems relevant (also, I've been to this place - Robot Restaurant in Kabukicho - it's very awesome)

I think I saw that place on that show with the chef, author, hookers n blow, travel guy on Travel Channel or CNN.
    edited November 2015
    I should have wrote about how I have an abundance of mostly inauthentic ethnic food options thanks to Mexican and Korean immigrants.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

We are so fucked.

So you aren't a native?
    Good point. I should really use my tribal card to get more shit. But yeah, my 3.4 GPA in HS is shit, and would never get me in unless I went the pussy "I'm a poor disadvantaged minority" route.
    You could write a pretty sweet diversity essay. UW admins love that shit.
    God I hated that "explain how diverse culture has impacted your life" essay

I'm white and from the suburbs. It hasnt.
    Doesn't say much for your powder clientele.
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,156

CaptainPJ said:

Martin Stadium (in Pullman) regularly replays footage of plays under review.

Someone gives a shit what goes on in Pullman?

Please continue
    Winning football games.. Except against Portland state.. Happens in Pullman. How's it going in Montlake?

My point was to share that there isn't a rule against showing replays of plays under review..

Okay. So there is no rule against throwing piss filled Dasani bottles onto the playing field. Moral of the story is just because a CUOG does something it doesn't mean she is following the rules. You're welcome.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    edited November 2015
    Swaye said:

The Asian kids from the Seattle area are good fans, it's a matter of familiarity not genes. If the team was winning then the children of new immigrants would be innoculated early with what a good program means.

Quite honestly, that's what I meant. It's not that they are asian, it's that they are asian from another country or CA and don't give one flying fuck about UW football. They are in Suzzallo all the fucking time anyway. Losers.
    Alright, enough with the Asian bashing. I'm not going to call myself Asian superiority guy but I've lived in Asia and have Asian in laws. I also live in a building that has been taken over by Chinese UW kids who are driving Mercedes and BMWs.

They don't give a flying fuck about a losing football team.

Asians actually like sports. The Asian students in my building pack the TV room for important Seahawk games but not for Husky games.

Basketball is fucking huge in Asia particularly in China and the Philippines. In China parents are feeding their kids growth pills so they might become the next Yao Ming.

We already know winning will solve everything. If UW starts winning in basketball and football these Asian students will go to all the games and become fans. The other thing is it should be encouraged but most of these kids come from big money (some probably dirty) and can be your future donors. Of course the UW AD has their head up their asses or they'd be thinking about how this new wave of Asian students would make for a strong future donor base.

It's all about winning and money. Start winning, then get the fucking money from these people. That will take care of the gameday experience and everything else.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,083 Founders Club
    Doogles said:

The nerdy Asian student argument is overblown. I look at footage from the 90s and it wasn't just the students going crazy. It was a lot of UW hick versions of Popcorn and flag waiving guy going ape shit for bad ass football.

Those guys have all moved on to being 12s now. That's what 15 years of shit football do to you. It's about winning and getting the young guys caught up in the magic.

I was a kid in Seattle while my dad went to school there 88-91. Grew up in student housing and watched the legends play and sound the siren and win.

I went to a UC for school. I haven't lived in Washington for 18 years. I still spend most of my miserable life following this shit team. It's not the nerdy student body. Nerdy Asians are actually quite fanatical and will pack a house to watch a robot hello kitty get raped by jello.

WIN MORE GAMES.

POTW
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381

Swaye said:

Alright, enough with the Asian bashing. I'm not going to call myself Asian superiority guy but I've lived in Asia and have Asian in laws. I also live in a building that has been taken over by Chinese UW kids who are driving Mercedes and BMWs.

Asians actually like sports. The Asian students in my building pack the TV room for important Seahawk games but not for Husky games.

Basketball is fucking huge in Asia particularly in China and the Philippines. In China parents are feeding their kids growth pills so they might become the next Yao Ming.

We already know winning will solve everything. If UW starts winning in basketball and football these Asian students will go to all the games and become fans. The other thing is it should be encouraged but most of these kids come from big money (some probably dirty) and can be your future donors. Of course the UW AD has their head up their asses or they'd be thinking about how this new wave of Asian students would make for a strong future donor base.

It's all about winning and money. Start winning, then get the fucking money from these people. That will take care of the gameday experience and everything else.
    All you needed to say was this, and it has already been said:

Nerdy Asians are actually quite fanatical and will pack a house to watch a robot hello kitty get raped by jello.

Swaye said:

Good poont about the money. If you could get these nerds to buy in then that could be a major cash cow in the future.

But if you are going to say I can't bash nerdy Asians, then I am fucking out!