Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Gotta Get Something Off My Chest

Options
13»

Comments

• AZDuck
    AZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    Options
    Tequilla said:

Are @Tequilla and I going to have to take the gloves off and duke it out for the right to be sacrificed tomorrow?

I don't know, do you strive to make people THINK and CARE?
    I know that there are a lot of posters that demand to think and care, but it's hard. Chris Petersen is actually right when he talks about how hard it is. When I was at TCU, I once wrote a thesis on how to make people think and care. It's kind of funny when you think about it thinking and caring. What does that entail? I think that is something to question this offseason.

I know most right now do now think and care, but they are also too young to think and care. I'm more pissed than anyone about them not thinking and caring, but after two to three days, I am able to rationalize why.

I hate Jonathon Smith as much as anyone, but I can tell you he does think about his calls and he DOES care. Same goes for Chris Petersen. I see a lot of similarities between Petersen and Larry Culpepper down at TCU. I can tell you from watching TCU firsthand that winning games is fun.

Think:
    verb (used without object), thought, thinking.

to have a conscious mind, to some extent of reasoning, remembering experiences, making rational decisions, etc.

to employ one's mind rationally and objectively in evaluating or dealing with a given situation:
    Think carefully before you begin.

to have a certain thing as the subject of one's thoughts:
    I was thinking about you. We could think of nothing else.

to call something to one's conscious mind:
    I couldn't think of his phone number.
    to consider something as a possible action, choice, etc.:
    She thought about cutting her hair.to invent or conceive of something:
    We thought of a new plan.

to have consideration or regard for someone:
    Think of others first.

verb (used with object), thought, thinking.
    to have or form in the mind as an idea, conception, etc.

to have or form in the mind in order to understand, know, or remember something else:
    Romantic comedy is all about chemistry: think Tracy and Hepburn. Can't guess? Here's a hint: think 19th century.

to consider for evaluation or for possible action upon:
    Think the deal over.

to regard as specified:
    He thought me unkind.

to believe to be true of someone or something:
    to think evil of the neighbors.to analyze or evolve rationally:
    to think the problem out.
    to have as a plan or intention:
    I thought that I would go.
    of or relating to thinking or thought.

Informal. stimulating or challenging to the intellect or mind:
    the think book of the year.

Compare think piece.

noun
    Informal. the act or a period of thinking:
    I want to sit down and give it a good think.

Verb phrases

think of, a.to conceive of; imagine.
    b.to have an opinion or judgment of.
    c.to consider; anticipate:
    When one thinks of what the future may bring, one is both worried and hopeful.

think out /through, a.to think about until a conclusion is reached; understand or solve by thinking.
    b.to devise by thinking; contrive:
    He thought out a plan for saving time. think up, to devise or contrive by thinking:
    Can you think up an arrangement of furniture for this room?

What is the context of the thought to make one think? I'm not sure if we can tell yet. I can tell you that Jonathon Smith does think about his play calls and he does care.

Once you can walk, then you can run. Once you can think, you can care. It's not the other way around. I know many want it to be, but that's not the case. Are we talking about a court case or a brief case? If it's the former, I'm all for it. If it's the latter, Petersen might have to make some changes.
    I approve of this message ...
    Kutomba mbali
    Tequilla said:

AZDuck said:

Tequilla said:

Are @Tequilla and I going to have to take the gloves off and duke it out for the right to be sacrificed tomorrow?

I know that there are a lot of posters that demand to think and care, but it's hard. Chris Petersen is actually right when he talks about how hard it is. When I was at TCU, I once wrote a thesis on how to make people think and care. It's kind of funny when you think about it thinking and caring. What does that entail? I think that is something to question this offseason.

I know most right now do now think and care, but they are also too young to think and care. I'm more pissed than anyone about them not thinking and caring, but after two to three days, I am able to rationalize why.

I hate Jonathon Smith as much as anyone, but I can tell you he does think about his calls and he DOES care. Same goes for Chris Petersen. I see a lot of similarities between Petersen and Larry Culpepper down at TCU. I can tell you from watching TCU firsthand that winning games is fun.

Think:

to have a conscious mind, to some extent of reasoning, remembering experiences, making rational decisions, etc.

to employ one's mind rationally and objectively in evaluating or dealing with a given situation:

Think of others first.

to have or form in the mind in order to understand, know, or remember something else:
    Romantic comedy is all about chemistry: think Tracy and Hepburn. Can't guess? Here's a hint: think 19th century.

Think the deal over.

to regard as specified:
    He thought me unkind.

Compare think piece.

noun

Verb phrases

think out /through, a.to think about until a conclusion is reached; understand or solve by thinking.
    He thought out a plan for saving time. think up, to devise or contrive by thinking:

What is the context of the thought to make one think? I'm not sure if we can tell yet. I can tell you that Jonathon Smith does think about his play calls and he does care.

Once you can walk, then you can run. Once you can think, you can care. It's not the other way around. I know many want it to be, but that's not the case. Are we talking about a court case or a brief case? If it's the former, I'm all for it. If it's the latter, Petersen might have to make some changes.
    Kutomba mbali
    wewe huduma
    si kweli, ni tu na furaha kukuambia kwa kutomba mbali
  • DerekJohnson
    DerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,750 Founders Club
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Tequilla said:

Think:

Think of others first.

Think the deal over.

to regard as specified:
    He thought me unkind.

Compare think piece.

noun

Verb phrases

The touch of genius was the final sentence and the use of the word "might"
  • Mike_Honcho
    Mike_Honcho Member Posts: 214
    Options
    I hate Husky Football.

I want it to LEAVE!!!
  • haie
    haie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,827 Swaye's Wigwam
    Options
    Tequilla might have to be sacrificed tomorrow.
  • PurpleBaze
    PurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,496 Founders Club
    Options
    haie said:

Tequilla might have to be sacrificed tomorrow.

Tequilla should have been sacrificed a long time ago.
  • Swaye
    Swaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,147 Founders Club
    Options

AZDuck said:

I have no problem with allowing idiot doogs here who disagree with me. I'm right. That's all that matters.

I've never denied being a doog. You should have seen me in 2000 or 1991 if there had been an internet or the 80's.

I'll be a doog again when it is warranted by actual results. You can only take a mouthful of sand at the oasis mirage so many times before you check first.

That my friends is a quality line right there

Yes they did - and they were fucking awesome beyond belief.
    I was checking out a list of the best movies from the 80's last night...so many great movies you can't even remember them all (I was drunk a lot in my teens which makes it even harder). If you lived through the 80's and think it sucks, you should kill yourself immediately.
  • Swaye
    Options
    Shittier than usual. Better?

• Kaepsknee
    Kaepsknee Member Posts: 14,757
    Options

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

AZDuck said:

I have no problem with allowing idiot doogs here who disagree with me. I'm right. That's all that matters.

I've never denied being a doog. You should have seen me in 2000 or 1991 if there had been an internet or the 80's.

I'll be a doog again when it is warranted by actual results. You can only take a mouthful of sand at the oasis mirage so many times before you check first.

That my friends is a quality line right there

Yes they did - and they were fucking awesome beyond belief.
    I was checking out a list of the best movies from the 80's last night...so many great movies you can't even remember them all (I was drunk a lot in my teens which makes it even harder). If you lived through the 80's and think it sucks, you should kill yourself immediately.
    Speaking of awesome 80s movies, I was at a bar last night and saw a truck that looked like this:

The owner works at the bar and said he'd sell it for $2500 but that's a lot of money for me to borrow from my 2 dads and I already live in mom's basement so I can't really ask for much more from her.

Anyone want to contribute to my go fund me page? I'm asking for a monthly (recurring) $20 donation from about 50-100 people to help buy the truck and then pay for insurance and fuel costs.
    I laffed.

But seriously, I'll get a shitty Trans-Am and you can haul the Coors in that while I run blocker. Maybe we can get Fetters to put a light on the roof of his Metro and chase us around Tukwila.
    Isn't that redundant?
    In all seriousness I saw, at least what I though to be, a 1978 6.6 at the liquor store that looked as if it were just unpackaged from the bubble wrap a couple of weeks ago. Not restored, just brand fucking new.

Imagine my disappointment when I found out my jitterbug phone doesn't take photos. Twas sweet though.
  • HuskyHalfBrain
    HuskyHalfBrain Member Posts: 1,160
    Options
    This isn't the kind of ANALysis I paid $10.95/mo to read from you.

But I read it anyway.
  • Fire_Marshall_Bill
    Fire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,021 Founders Club
    Options
    No 80s, no hair bands. Simple fact.
  • Swaye
    Options

And who here can say they have never banged a slut in the back of a car with Bon Jovi on the radio? Only fags, that's who.

"Never Say Goodbye" = one of the best leg spreaders ever
  • Fire_Marshall_Bill
    Fire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,021 Founders Club
    Options
    Swaye said:

And who here can say they have never banged a slut in the back of a car with Bon Jovi on the radio? Only fags, that's who.

"Never Say Goodbye" = one of the best leg spreaders ever
    Bon Jovi was kind of a pussy band (even to me, and I probably know more about bad hair bands than anyone else here) but it's OK and even applauded if you exploited their songs to get laid.