Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Millen on Price.

Actually a comment by Hugh that I agree with.

He said (something to the effect of) his opinion of Price will change when Keith "puts the team on his back and wins a game." In other words, what game has Price played in where fans largely walked away saying, "we would not have won that game had it not been for Keith."

I actually agree with that statement. He's thrown for lots of yards and touchdowns, but unlike Tuiasosopo, Locker, or even Pickett, I can't think of a game where Price actually carried the team to victory.

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,782 Founders Club
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    2011 vs Cal, but this is actually a somewhat valid point. It wasn't because of his great play, but the winning drive against Stanford was clutch. Price hasn't led any great comebacks or had many clutch 4th quarter drives.

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Passion said:

Actually a comment by Hugh that I agree with.

He said (something to the effect of) his opinion of Price will change when Keith "puts the team on his back and wins a game." In other words, what game has Price played in where fans largely walked away saying, "we would not have won that game had it not been for Keith."

I actually agree with that statement. He's thrown for lots of yards and touchdowns, but unlike Tuiasosopo, Locker, or even Pickett, I can't think of a game where Price actually carried the team to victory.

Not that Hugh Millen is a racist or anything like that, but here's the lofty standard he held Locker too prior to the 2010 season:

What if Locker leaves Washington without any success? Former Washington quarterback Hugh Millen, who led the Huskies to an Orange Bowl triumph in 1985, says Locker shouldn't be viewed as a failure.

"I don't judge his first three years as a starter harshly," Millen said. "I'm just grateful that he was here at all. He's been able to keep a certain buzz about the program during times when it would be devoid of a buzz."

http://seattletimes.com/html/jerrybrewer/2012805927_brewer04.html

Also, here's Hugh Millen blaming a black coach for stunting Jake's growth:

http://blog.seattlepi.com/dawgsofwar/2011/04/27/the-miseducation-of-jake-locker-the-hugh-millen-interview/

As for the games that Price has carried UW to a win on his back, check these out:
    http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=312530264
    http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=312670264
    http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=313300264

The lesson as always: Hugh Millen is either the biggest dumbass on Seattle radio or (and? abundance?) he hates black quarterbacks.
    The whole "leading the team to a late comeback victory" argument is fucktarded anyway. A QB often has to lead his team to a comeback in the fourth quarter to make up for the shit play he put up in the first three quarters.

• chrisvashonchrisvashon Member Posts: 627
    How quickly people forget the Alamo bowl win.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    Consider the source, please.

HTH

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,782 Founders Club
    We're lucky Jack Lockner even played here at all

We're lucky Jack Lockner even played here at all

I still would have benched Lockner during the 2010 three game losing streak, if not in the Nebraska game.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389

Idaho State?

Bingo! Someone's leadership had to overcome those 16 penalties and keep drives alive. Nobody on the sidelines seemed to have a clue.

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    There's some good points made about 4th quarter drives in this thread. That said, out of all the fucktarded arguments Millen makes for Locker vs Price, this is one of his more logical ones.

There's some good points made about 4th quarter drives in this thread. That said, out of all the fucktarded arguments Millen makes for Locker vs Price, this is one of his more logical ones.

How many times did Lockner carry the Huskies to victory?

You'll be surprised when you start looking.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797

What the fuck does Price have to do? It makes me sick talking to my friends and who still go "well it all depends what Keith Price shows up" before every game.

Your friends are right, but not for the reason they think. Whether UW wins *does* depend on which KP shows up. The upright one, or this one:
  • All of Locker's game winning drives were only game winners because he fucked up all game long.

Price has led GW drives against Stanford and Oregon State. Carried us in Alamo Bowl.

We lose 2011 vs Cal and Hawaii if not for Price.

Should have led a GW drive vs WSU but his fucktarded coach got too cute on 3rd and1.

This whole thread is fucking stupid and insulting. Fuck this bored has turned into Doogman 2.0 now.

All of Locker's game winning drives were only game winners because he fucked up all game long.

Price has led GW drives against Stanford and Oregon State. Carried us in Alamo Bowl.

We lose 2011 vs Cal and Hawaii if not for Price.

Should have led a GW drive vs WSU but his fucktarded coach got too cute on 3rd and1.

This whole thread is fucking stupid and insulting. Fuck this bored has turned into Doogman 2.0 now.

Harvey Road and I shared a good laugh together at the bolded word above.
  • I'm sure you did but this week has been really bad.

I mean guys are acting like beating 3 shit schools is something, asking how to watch a fucking game in 2013, saying Hugh is right bout Price.

Christ!
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    I'd take Price over Locker a thousand times out of a thousand. If he managed to lead us to a victory at Stanford, or Jake forbid ends the Oregon streak -- his legend will increase exponentially.
  • jmc84jmc84 Member Posts: 499
    Gladstone said:

I'd take Price over Locker a thousand times out of a thousand. If he managed to lead us to a victory at Stanford, or Jake forbid ends the Oregon streak -- his legend will increase exponentially.

Even if we manage to beat Oregon, Hugh will find a way to diminish Keith's contributions. Book it.