Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Millen on Price.

13»

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Gladstone said:

On the other side of the coin I can't remember a game where UW lost and I went "damn if not Price we win this game".

Real talk: 2012 USC, 2012 WSU. Keith was awful. Yes, Sark is mostly to blame for this. He is the millionaire. But KP sucked balls.

YRYK

After getting hammered around the first couple games last year Price was a shell of his former self. Those two games I definitely felt like were there for the taking with a QB who wasn't completely shattered emotionally. Thankfully, Price has rebounded well this year.

• puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    Passion said:

Actually a comment by Hugh that I agree with.

He said (something to the effect of) his opinion of Price will change when Keith "puts the team on his back and wins a game." In other words, what game has Price played in where fans largely walked away saying, "we would not have won that game had it not been for Keith."

I actually agree with that statement. He's thrown for lots of yards and touchdowns, but unlike Tuiasosopo, Locker, or even Pickett, I can't think of a game where Price actually carried the team to victory.

Uh,um, er, he almost did the year Montana started @ OSU. That showed me Keith is the real deal (even though we lost) It did show the difference between Ty's recruits (Price) vs Sark's recruits (Montana).
  • Price didn't play great against USC or WSU but I didn't feel like he blew the game. WSU he made a dumb play but was playing decent to that point.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/gamelog/_/id/482599/year/2012/keith-price
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited September 2013
    dnc said:

Gladstone said:

On the other side of the coin I can't remember a game where UW lost and I went "damn if not Price we win this game".

Real talk: 2012 USC, 2012 WSU. Keith was awful. Yes, Sark is mostly to blame for this. He is the millionaire. But KP sucked balls.

YRYK

After getting hammered around the first couple games last year Price was a shell of his former self. Those two games I definitely felt like were there for the taking with a QB who wasn't completely shattered emotionally. Thankfully, Price has rebounded well this year.

I felt pretty confident he would get it back, but he was damaged goods by the end of last year. I know it is only one pass, but he had an incomplete throw to a wide open ASJ in the end zone last against Colorado that a ten year old could have completed. He ended up with good stats in that game, but he was a key reason it was only 7-0 at half. It made me wonder what the fuck happened to the baller from 2011.

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Price didn't play great against USC or WSU but I didn't feel like he blew the game. WSU he made a dumb play but was playing decent to that point.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/gamelog/_/id/482599/year/2012/keith-price

198 yards passing on 34 throws against a crapppy defense is not playing decent.

Yes, doogs are too hard on Price, but we don't have to respond by overhyping him. Call it what it it is. He was bad against WSU. It's okay to admit that.
  • dnc said:

Price didn't play great against USC or WSU but I didn't feel like he blew the game. WSU he made a dumb play but was playing decent to that point.

198 yards passing on 34 throws against a crapppy defense is not playing decent.

Yes, doogs are too hard on Price, but we don't have to respond by overhyping him. Call it what it it is. He was bad against WSU. It's okay to admit that.
    2 TD's and 1 INT though plus led what should have been a game winning drive which would have taken away that one INT.

He did miss some bad throws in that game(Had an open Mickens for a TD) but wasn't terrible either.
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    edited September 2013
    Lots of good points here, and I appreciate the whole "Locker-saved-the-game-after-screwing-up-for-3-quarters" argument. I also appreciate the argument that Price did all he could at Baylor.

I also agree that Hugh is inconsistent in his analysis of Jake and Keith, and is largely a d-bag. No question.

I think Price has been PHENOMENAL, but there are games when defenses look like shit, and the QB has to drive the team to victory (i.e., "carry them"). Even the games that were highlighted, I don't see as memorable in terms of critical first downs, 4th quarter drives, and game winning throws. He had those chances last year against the coogs and boise state, but threw pics.

Maybe it's unfair from a certain point of view.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,727
    edited September 2013
    18 penalties in the Apple Cup didn't help nor did the defense giving up 18pts in the 4th quarter giving the cougs the greatest come back in apple cup history.

In respects to Hugh, I just don't think he is a good guy. Him and softy are perfect for each other paper tigers with enormous egos.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Gladstone said:

Keith drove the Huskies down in position to win the Apple Cup, then Sark Sarked it.