Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Real Talk

13»

Comments

• Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2015
    topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

I want to know why schools like Stanford and Kal can make coaching changes and actually start to see progress.

Every fucking year it is the same shit with UW.

It's taken Kal 4 (I think) years of Dykes
    Year 3

1-11
    5-7

Staring off 5-0 and ranked.

We're (?) fucked
    Dykes was getting ran by this bored until last week. The knee jerk reaction of this site is at an all-time high. Don James only produced 3-4 seasons that would be deemed acceptable in his entire tenure according to this bored.

The O has to change, something is seriously wrong there and agree it is halting the development of the program. Also, some dicey in game decisions have cost the Dawgs as well. Pete has fallen short of my initial expectations of what the 2 time COY 92-12 would bring.

That being said the core of this program is strengthening significantly. It's showing up in the youth that is surpassing the upperclass guys, the numbers increasing, the eye test passing more and more, the recruiting jumping, etc.

LIPO. The mighty Harbaugh increased his win total by 1 his second year at stanford (a second consecutive losing season) and then finished his 3rd year with a loss in the much made fun of Sun Bowl.

Jesus Christ.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Doogles said:

topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

I want to know why schools like Stanford and Kal can make coaching changes and actually start to see progress.

Year 3

1-11
    5-7

We're (?) fucked
    Dykes was getting ran by this bored until last week. The knee jerk reaction of this site is at an all-time high. Don James only produced 3-4 seasons that would be deemed acceptable in his entire tenure according to this bored.

The O has to change, something is seriously wrong there and agree it is halting the development of the program. Also, some dicey in game decisions have cost the Dawgs as well. Pete has fallen short of my initial expectations of what the 2 time COY 92-12 would bring.

That being said the core of this program is strengthening significantly. It's showing up in the youth that is surpassing the upperclass guys, the numbers increasing, the eye test passing more and more, the recruiting jumping, etc.
    Doog post

Doog poster

Look at those conference records:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_James_(American_football)
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    .261 lifetime is nothing speshul
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Doogles said:

topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

Year 3

1-11
    5-7

We're (?) fucked

Doog post

Doog poster

The conference was worse shit then than it is now.
  • Options

Doogles said:

topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

Year 3

1-11
    5-7

We're (?) fucked

Doog post

Doog poster

Fuck outta here with that Doog shit.

Fuck. Outta. Here.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2015

Doogles said:

topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

Year 3

1-11
    5-7

We're (?) fucked

Doog post

Doog poster

Looks like a guy who couldn't beat LA or win OOC early in the season to give his team a chance at the natty. Thank god he didn't have to play a ranked Oregon.

That second year decline is proof James wasn't the guy to lead Washington.
  • Options
    Doogles said:

Doogles said:

topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

Year 3

1-11
    5-7

We're (?) fucked

Doog post

Doog poster

Looks like a guy who couldn't beat LA or win OOC early in the season to give his team a chance at the natty. Thank god he didn't have to play a ranked Oregon.
    Win four Rose Bowls and half a natty then pop off.

Or in Peterman's case, get above .500 in Pac-12 conference play then pop off.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Doogles said:

topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

Year 3

1-11
    5-7

We're (?) fucked

Doog post

Doog poster

Fuck outta here with that Doog shit.

Fuck. Outta. Here.
    It's true, and it's fine. James was a fantastic coach. Just pointing it out.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2015

Doogles said:

Doogles said:

topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

Year 3

1-11
    5-7

We're (?) fucked

Doog post

Doog poster

Win four Rose Bowls and half a natty then pop off.

Or in Peterman's case, get above .500 in Pac-12 conference play then pop off.
    He won only 2 rose bowls in his first 15 years. I like Pete's chances if given the same leash.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2015
    Of course this board has knee jerk reactions and is sometimes irrational. That said, Pete has been really, really fucking bad so far. Really fucking bad. Like worse than Sark bad. And we all hated Sark. There is no way around it. 8-6 last year with an easy 4 wins in non conference and every single tough game other than Oregon at home.

Peterman didn't beat a single team with a winning record. A one point win over Hawaii. A close game against Eastern in which they scored 52 points. Losing at halftime to a Georgia State team that went 0-8 in the Sun Belt Conference. Last season was a fucking disaster. I know a lot of good coaches have struggled in their first year, but in retrospect, it looks like one big fucking warning sign to me.

A lot of it was blamed on Sark, some of it probably justifiably so. Sark is/was an average coach at best. Sark never had a season in which he didn't beat a team with a winning record. Petersen was hired to be better than Sark, and so far, he's actually been worse. It's fucking sobering. I have seen nothing from Petersen at UW to suggest he could win a conference title, and that's even with a golden opportunity with Oregon slipping.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Of course this board has knee jerk reactions and is sometimes irrational. That said, Pete has been really, really fucking bad so far. Really fucking bad. Like worse than Sark bad. And we all hated Sark. There is no way around it. 8-6 last year with an easy 4 wins in non conference and every single tough game other than Oregon at home.

Peterman didn't beat a single team with a winning record. A one point win over Hawaii. A close game against Eastern in which they scored 52 points. Losing at halftime to a Georgia State team that went 0-8 in the Sun Belt Conference. Last season was a fucking disaster. I know a lot of good coaches have struggled in their first year, but in retrospect, it looks like one big fucking warning sign to me.

A lot of it was blamed on Sark, some of it probably justifiably so. Sark is/was an average coach at best. Sark never had a season in which he didn't beat a team with a winning record. Petersen was hired to be better than Sark, and so far, he's actually been worse. It's fucking sobering. I have seen nothing from Petersen at UW to suggest he could win a conference title, and that's even with a golden opportunity with Oregon slipping.

Might as well not even play football anymore then.
    I know you are being sarcastic, but I don't play football.
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Ignoring the youth on offense, particularly on the OL and QB is what I like to do.

Last game, we started 3 FR OL. Of the other 11 P12 teams, with 55 starting OL, exactly 1 FR OL started.
  • Options
    JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,989
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Let it play out
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    HuskyInAZ said:

Ignoring the youth on offense, particularly on the OL and QB is what I like to do.

Last game, we started 3 FR OL. Of the other 11 P12 teams, with 55 starting OL, exactly 1 FR OL started.

Nice down vote, fucktard. Do you want to dispute the facts? Or would you rather bitch, whine and moan? Pretty sure I know the answer.
  • Options
    HuskyInAZ said:

It's a shame that Washington is too fucking young for the 14th year in a row.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,245
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The PAC 10 in the 80s was the SEC of its time. Far and away the best conference