Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

My Thoughts On The State of The 2015 Team

Options

Comments

• CokeGreaterThanPepsi
    CokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    Options

HuskyInAZ said:

FUCK

I suppose one of these times over the last 15 years or so this line of insider bullshit that we get after every new coach is exposed could actually be true BUT I WILL BELIEVE IT WHEN I FUCKING SEE IT.

Awfully young culture change next year or the year after fucking special as always.

What fucking entitled purple glasses are you talking about. Get the shit out of your eyes and your head out of pool boy's ass and grab a fucking clue.

As you know, we have not been good over the past 15 years or so. Lots of blame to go around, but the lions share goes to AD and up. But that doesn't change reality today. Our offense is historically young based on the shit for talent left by Sark. Expecting them to be clicking on most cylinders is ridiculous, unless of course, you're sporting entitled purple glasses.

I'm not a fan of pool boy, nor am I a fan of Smith. Regardless, how about you pull your head out of the past, get your cataracts corrected and get a clear view of our reality today.
    Once you realize that nobody expects 12-0 or for the offense to be elite, you might get it. Whether it's a bad QB or youth, having the worst offense in the conference isn't acceptable. It has cost us games the past two years. And it's nothing new. This started at Boise.

The game last Saturday was Cal's best defensive performance against a real team since Dykes took over. Boise State's defense has looked very ordinary since the UW game.

If we want to get really simple. The Petersen era has sucked since the very first game against Hawaii.
    I agree with you, but Boise's defense has been fantastic. Just wanted to point that out.
  • RoadDawg55
    RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123 Swaye's Wigwam
    Options

HuskyInAZ said:

FUCK

I suppose one of these times over the last 15 years or so this line of insider bullshit that we get after every new coach is exposed could actually be true BUT I WILL BELIEVE IT WHEN I FUCKING SEE IT.

Awfully young culture change next year or the year after fucking special as always.

What fucking entitled purple glasses are you talking about. Get the shit out of your eyes and your head out of pool boy's ass and grab a fucking clue.

As you know, we have not been good over the past 15 years or so. Lots of blame to go around, but the lions share goes to AD and up. But that doesn't change reality today. Our offense is historically young based on the shit for talent left by Sark. Expecting them to be clicking on most cylinders is ridiculous, unless of course, you're sporting entitled purple glasses.

I'm not a fan of pool boy, nor am I a fan of Smith. Regardless, how about you pull your head out of the past, get your cataracts corrected and get a clear view of our reality today.
    Once you realize that nobody expects 12-0 or for the offense to be elite, you might get it. Whether it's a bad QB or youth, having the worst offense in the conference isn't acceptable. It has cost us games the past two years. And it's nothing new. This started at Boise.

The game last Saturday was Cal's best defensive performance against a real team since Dykes took over. Boise State's defense has looked very ordinary since the UW game.

If we want to get really simple. The Petersen era has sucked since the very first game against Hawaii.
    I agree with you, but Boise's defense has been fantastic. Just wanted to point that out.
    They are pretty good. They aren't great. BYU played much better on offense against Boise State than against UCLA and Michigan.
  • RaceBannon
    RaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,657 Swaye's Wigwam
    Options
    HuskyInAZ said:

FUCK

Pretty sure my post does this
  • Tequilla
    Tequilla Member Posts: 19,821
    Options
    The problem with going 3 TEs against SC is that our TEs haven't necessarily been very effective blockers this year ... other than that, multiple TE sets should be more prevalent in the offense given our personnel.
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsi
    CokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    Options

HuskyInAZ said:

FUCK

They are pretty good. They aren't great. BYU played much better on offense against Boise State than against UCLA and Michigan.
    I would argue they are a great defense this year. But, that's beside the point. Boise also injured several BYU players in that game that may have lead to them struggling even more so the next two weeks against UCLA and MICH.
  • HuskyInAZ
    HuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    Options

HuskyInAZ said:

Even Petersen acknowledged that the future is NOW. UW had a chance to be 4-0 with just average offensive play and couldn't do it.

Sofuckingirritating.gif

What would you expect Petersen to say? That this is a rebuilding year, and the fans just need to be patient? Probably not too smart for a guy who is paid a ton of money to win.

And please don't go the "we could have been 4-0" route. You're a better poster than that.

I'll try this one more time. Show me one P5 team that has/had our youth on offense that didn't shit the bed more often than not.
    We have the worst offense in the conference so far. For the 2nd year in a row. We would be 4-0 with a better offensive system. Last year it was Cyler's fault. This year it's the youth. You yourself finally admitted what is hitting you in the face... This offensive system sucks. Posters used to make these excuses for Ty and Sark. They were called doogs. This is the 4th year of bad offense for Petersen. We've been over this again and again.
    Not another good poster laying out the "we could have been 4-0" bullshit. I agree the system appears over complex and cutesy, especially based on our youth. But the 4-0 crap is the shit the Coogs lean on every year.

Last year's issues had everything to do with Miles and a freshman laden secondary. That's not an excuse, that's a fact. This year's issues have everything to do with an incredibly young group on offense. Again, a fact. The common denominator in both years is Smith and his inability adapt. He's likely gone at the end of the year, barring an unexpected turnaround over the next 2 months. And at this point, good riddance.
  • AEB
    AEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,962 Founders Club
    Options

HuskyInAZ said:

FUCK

Disagree. Roster is getting balance. Recruiting has improved whether you measure it as overall or in the State of WA. Defense is more consistent, deeper, and better across all three levels. Offense is offensive and SmithFS or SmithDAO is the right call.

I think I hear you saying you miss the Sizzle.
  • HuskyInAZ
    edited September 2015
    Options

HuskyInAZ said:

FUCK

....and BSU's defense played better against Virginia than UCLA did against Virginia.
  • ThomasFremont
    ThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Dear @HFNY and @HuskyInAZ,

Thanks for outing yourselves as gigantic fucking doogs.

Now go DIAFF you excuse making sacks of shit.
  • Tequilla
    Options
    Could we be 4-0 this year? Absolutely.

Losing close games is normally something you associate with young and inexperienced teams. Winning close games you normally associate with a more experienced team that has taken their lumps and learned the importance of executing the little things to win games.

Before the season, most that were calling for 7 or 8 wins in looking at this team were considered overly doogish. I figured that we'd be 3-1 at this point ... so slightly disappointed.

That being said, I don't get everybody saying that the next 6 games are a murder's row and we're going to start the conference season 0-7. It's possible. I don't think likely.

Before the season anybody that thought that this was going to be more than a 4 or 5 win conference team was probably irrational. It's still likely in my mind that we fall in that range ... I still see wins over Oregon State and the Cougs, I do think that we'll get Arizona at home. I can definitely see us getting 2 of 3 between Oregon, Stanford, and ASU.
  • HuskyInAZ
    Options

HuskyInAZ said:

FUCK

Now you're just getting FS. BSU is the #1 rushing defense and the #18 scoring defense. That includes playing UW, @BYU and @ Virginia.

BSU's defense is damn good. Oh, and they have a ton of SRs making that happen.
  • AEB
    AEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,962 Founders Club
    Options

AEB said:

HuskyInAZ said:

FUCK

Disagree. Roster is getting balance. Recruiting has improved whether you measure it as overall or in the State of WA. Defense is more consistent, deeper, and better across all three levels. Offense is offensive and SmithFS or SmithDAO is the right call.

Recruiting, roster balance, kids buying in, weight room improvement, discipline, blah, blah. The only thing that matters is winning. We traded Sark's flaws for Petersen's. We still suck. Seems like you enjoy the new sizzle. Just get us our fucking steaks. That's what Petersen was hired to do.
    I don't like the Idaho Potato being served. We agree Smith needs to be replaced and I agree that Petersen's responsible for that. Agitate. I'm for that. But, I think there is tangible improvement that's going to get us that steak. By Year 2 and definitely by Year 3 I didn't think Seven was going to get us it. By now, 7 would've had 2/3 frosh OL with shoulder injuries.
  • Tequilla
    Options

Tequilla said:

Could we be 4-0 this year? Absolutely.

Losing close games is normally something you associate with young and inexperienced teams. Winning close games you normally associate with a more experienced team that has taken their lumps and learned the importance of executing the little things to win games.

Before the season, most that were calling for 7 or 8 wins in looking at this team were considered overly doogish. I figured that we'd be 3-1 at this point ... so slightly disappointed.

That being said, I don't get everybody saying that the next 6 games are a murder's row and we're going to start the conference season 0-7. It's possible. I don't think likely.

Before the season anybody that thought that this was going to be more than a 4 or 5 win conference team was probably irrational. It's still likely in my mind that we fall in that range ... I still see wins over Oregon State and the Cougs, I do think that we'll get Arizona at home. I can definitely see us getting 2 of 3 between Oregon, Stanford, and ASU.

Fuck off.

Win or GTFO.

As Race once famously queefed out of his twat, I'm not a connoisseur of losing.

Fuck the excuses.

JUST WIN.
    I don't disagree ...

But anybody that was thinking that this was going to be a conference winning caliber team this year was FS.

The expectations that I had were as follows:

I thought we could win 7 games this year ... 8 if everything broke right.

I wanted to see improvement in the 2nd half of the year over the 1st half of the year which I thought could be a little rough.

I wanted to see one win this year on the road that we wouldn't have expected at the beginning of the year (i.e. ASU or Stanford).

What has really changed from the beginning of the year is that the ASU game looks much more winnable and the toss up home against Utah probably has been switched to Oregon.

Otherwise, this team isn't THAT far off from where I thought that they'd be.
  • ThomasFremont
    ThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Options
    AEB said:

AEB said:

HuskyInAZ said:

FUCK

Recruiting, roster balance, kids buying in, weight room improvement, discipline, blah, blah. The only thing that matters is winning. We traded Sark's flaws for Petersen's. We still suck. Seems like you enjoy the new sizzle. Just get us our fucking steaks. That's what Petersen was hired to do.
    I don't like the Idaho Potato being served. We agree Smith needs to be replaced and I agree that Petersen's responsible for that. Agitate. I'm for that. But, I think there is tangible improvement that's going to get us that steak. By Year 2 and definitely by Year 3 I didn't think Seven was going to get us it. By now, 7 would've had 2/3 frosh OL with shoulder injuries.
    You are what your record says you are.

HTH
  • RoadDawg55
    RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123 Swaye's Wigwam
    Options
    HuskyInAZ said:

HuskyInAZ said:

FUCK

Now you're just getting FS. BSU is the #1 rushing defense and the #18 scoring defense. That includes playing UW, @BYU and @ Virginia.

BSU's defense is damn good. Oh, and they have a ton of SRs making that happen.
    Those must be some pretty tough teams with potent offenses. UW, BYU, and Virginia. Props to Boise, those teams are explosive! Whether they are great, good, or just okay, we didn't score an offensive TD and had 179 yards of total offense.