Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,522
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    First Tyner and then Marshall. They better be praying to Pope Francis that Freeman doesn't go down.

Their LT Johnstone may be their next most important player after Freeman and he's had 2 ACL injuries (Kikaha has proven it isn't the death knell to a career like it was 10-15 years ago). Well there was Terry Allen too but that was by far the exception back then.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Oregon's conference schedule:

Utah: LOSS
    @Colorado
    Washington State
    @ Washington
    @ASU
    CAL
    @Stanford
    USC
    Oregon St

Oregon needs to go 4-5 in conference to be bowl eligible.

The big concern that I see with Oregon at this point given the debacle that they have at the QB position combined with some of their most recent injuries, as well as factoring in their horrendous defense, I can see them struggling in games that we normally wouldn't expect.

Each of their next 3 games are winnable, but 2 of them are on the road. Colorado can score points ... how much has their defense improved? Oregon probably wins that game. Can't imagine that the Cougs go into Autzen and win ... but they have also played Oregon tough in the last few years. Washington presents somewhat of a different challenge in that while the offense isn't particularly explosive, the defense is at worst in the top half of the conference (probably in the top third) and has a chance to contain Oregon's much more mediocre offense.

ASU could be a swing game for them as both of these teams could be heading down the shitter. ASU's pressure could cause problems though and rattle whoever Oregon's QB is for this game.

I feel like Goff should be able to shred the Oregon defense and even though the Cal defense sucks ... very possible that Cal can outscore them. Stanford should be able to beat them at home by punching them in the mouth. SC should be interesting ... but at this point, SC has to be the favorite.

Oregon State could also be interesting. I expect the Beavs to play hard all year and improve. Oregon probably has too much for the Beavs ... but this will be a better game than anybody would have thought at the beginning of the year.

My gut says that Oregon wins 4-5 conference games at most. This definitely has a 2001/2002 UW feel to it.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    The Air Raid vs the Disciplined_hole Oregon secondary could get ugly.

Prediction: If Lockie starts, coogs beat the ducks.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Someone said this on Open Season and was told they were full of it

Scout - where information goes to die

Theres also an entire thread about how great it is to be shit again.

These are the fans that consider themselves the "true" fans.

81% of that fanbase deserve Owen Forever.
    Math correction aside, yryk

• Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Every team that lost their Heisman QB as far back as a long time have all went 8-5 the next year.

I see that as spot on. Colorado, UW, OS, and WAZZU will be closer than they should be but wins. They'll steal two out of the remaining group of decent teams they play.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Mosster47 said:

Every team that lost their Heisman QB as far back as a long time have all went 8-5 the next year.

I see that as spot on. Colorado, UW, OS, and WAZZU will be closer than they should be but wins. They'll steal two out of the remaining group of decent teams they play.

2007 is a long time ago?

QPOTD!
  • Options
    Bad_MotherDuckerBad_MotherDucker Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,310
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bama went 10-3 in 2010 the year after Ingram's Heisman....but still
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Oregon's conference schedule:

Utah: LOSS
    @Colorado
    Washington State
    @ Washington
    @ASU
    CAL
    @Stanford
    USC
    Oregon St

Oregon needs to go 4-5 in conference to be bowl eligible.

The big concern that I see with Oregon at this point given the debacle that they have at the QB position combined with some of their most recent injuries, as well as factoring in their horrendous defense, I can see them struggling in games that we normally wouldn't expect.

Each of their next 3 games are winnable, but 2 of them are on the road. Colorado can score points ... how much has their defense improved? Oregon probably wins that game. Can't imagine that the Cougs go into Autzen and win ... but they have also played Oregon tough in the last few years. Washington presents somewhat of a different challenge in that while the offense isn't particularly explosive, the defense is at worst in the top half of the conference (probably in the top third) and has a chance to contain Oregon's much more mediocre offense.

ASU could be a swing game for them as both of these teams could be heading down the shitter. ASU's pressure could cause problems though and rattle whoever Oregon's QB is for this game.

I feel like Goff should be able to shred the Oregon defense and even though the Cal defense sucks ... very possible that Cal can outscore them. Stanford should be able to beat them at home by punching them in the mouth. SC should be interesting ... but at this point, SC has to be the favorite.

Oregon State could also be interesting. I expect the Beavs to play hard all year and improve. Oregon probably has too much for the Beavs ... but this will be a better game than anybody would have thought at the beginning of the year.

My gut says that Oregon wins 4-5 conference games at most. This definitely has a 2001/2002 UW feel to it.

Disagree.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited September 2015
    Even without Marshall, Oregon's offense is still above average. It's bad when compared to other Oregon teams, but when compared to the entire Pac 12, it's above average.

Now the defense is a completely different story. This is the worst defense Oregon has ever had sense it's creation in 1994. With an average defense, Oregon is a 9 win team. With this defense, Oregon's ceiling is 7, while 5-6 wins is very likely. A season like this might give us great insight in our long term future. If fans get angry and demand change, I'll be delighted. If the majority give us "I'm supporting this team no matter what", "They're doing their best", "Remember before Kenny Wheaton's pick?", and any other loser talk like that, I'm done. That will only tell me that this program will fall into the similar fate that UW has fallen into. Why many of you stuck it out and stayed fans of that team is amazing to me. I don't have the patients to wait 15 years for a decent product to be shown on the field. I'll pick the easy route and switch to Sunday football.
  • Options