Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Name your most embarrasing doog moment (deserves it's own thread)

Comments

• Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,474
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2015
    Believing Locker would make a pro bowl. I got excited at the idea of him getting a fresh start with Chip Kelly and the Eagles, only to read he retired because he can't hand a football off without pulling a hammy.

Locker in general owns my doogiest moments. Syracuse game, tOSU game, Boise game, frosh year had me believing.

I bought the Heisman hype going into 2010 after he finished the year with his best performance of his career against CAL.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Doogles said:

Believing Locker would make a pro bowl. I got excited at the idea of him getting a fresh start with Chip Kelly and the Eagles, only to read he retired because he can't hand a football off without pulling a hammy.

I once won a bet with JayDuck (winner gets to pick a new handle for the loser) and made him go by DivineLockervention for a season.

We all jacked for Jack.
  • Options
    edited July 2015

How much time do we have?

2002- Before the season. I'll be going to college and we'll be good like the early 90s. We'll go to the next 2 Rose Bowls.
    End 2002- We are on track now, we'll go to the Rose Bowl next season.
    2003 after Ohio St- We can still win the league.
    2003 after UCLA- I knew we were completely fucked then.
    Late 2003- Maybe we could get Willingham. He won the league at Stanford and almost did again in 2001 and was coach of the year in 2002.
    2004- Believed Kim & Fetters that Emmert would make Tedford an offer he couldnt refuse. Hated the Ty hire by that point.
    2006- After being 4-1...We are coming back now!
    2006- After Stanford, Fire Ty.
    2007- 2-0 and up 7-3 vs Ohio St at halftime. Maybe we are coming back. We can be good again.
    2008- When Ty wasnt fired I gave up football for a year bc I knew it would be a disaster season.
    2009- Believed everyone who said Mora was in play.

2014- With Petersen we could go 11-2

I'm too tired to remember more.

Fuck.

Awesomed for being the first to admit NTD,BB'ing over the football president.

Fuck I bought into that shit too.

FYFMFE
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

2002- Before the season. I'll be going to college and we'll be good like the early 90s. We'll go to the next 2 Rose Bowls.
    Late 2003- Maybe we could get Willingham. He won the league at Stanford and almost did again in 2001 and was coach of the year in 2002.
    2004- Believed Kim & Fetters that Emmert would make Tedford an offer he couldnt refuse. Hated the Ty hire by that point.
    2007- 2-0 and up 7-3 vs Ohio St at halftime. Maybe we are coming back. We can be good again.
    2008- When Ty wasnt fired I gave up football for a year bc I knew it would be a disaster season.

Fuck.

You got a lot smarter around 2007 or so.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,117
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    brchco12 said:

I remember thinking Carl Bonnell and Johnny Durocher were each at separate times going to fix some of our problems

I'm quoting myself more_cock style, but I remember 2006 after stanford durocher got so fucked up they did a cat scan and found a tumor which ended his career. Ty probably thought that was the divine reason for such a shitty year #godswork
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Fuck.

You got a lot smarter around 2007 or so.
    Mrs. Chest agrees.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,474
    Swaye's Wigwam

I remember talking trash (behind a screen) to this moronic Duck fan after the 4-1 start in 2006. He was genuinely scared and defensive, and secretly I knew we would top out at 7-5 max without any major injuries. It was still fun for a few daze though.

I was genuinely happy with Sark from the 2009 USC game through about the halfway pt of 2010. I remember getting really pissed at being 3-6, but I still thought a change or even a warm seat at that point was premature. Owen12 still seemed like sort of an excuse, even though it should've been 4-8. I did critize him and this USC fag said we were lucky to have him...I'd love to hear his opinion now.

My point of no return was the 2012 LSU game. Obviously they had a talent edge and the SEC West could each beat the Jaguars, but 41-3 was totally unacceptable. They weren't even a top ten team IIRC. It just cemented the mental weakness Sark teams had. Then that fat pos Fetters had the audacity to defend that shit and punish the dissenting. So fuck him.

The 2012 AZ game and some booze sent me on some epic internet rants calling for his head. Then the booze plus the ASU gayme a year later had me calling for another Turk slaughter of annoying Caitlyn Jenner wed Armenians and fat half Armenians.

I almost died of alcohol poisoning following the LSU game. Woke up in some bushes outside of a Santa Barbara bar. I remember a lesbian acoustic guitar singer (think True Detective) playing the saddest fucking music as I half-slept in the dirt. Truly the end of my doogery.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

Fuck.

Good list. You forgot this though.

http://hardcorehusky.com/forums/#/discussion/17090/study-suggests-oregon-is-doomed-for-a-downturn-with-helfrich
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    Shit. I thought Willingham should get a fourth year. There is no worse crime.
  • Options
    Ron_FairlyRon_Fairly Member Posts: 368
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Testing 1
    I fully believed John Cherberg would turn things around, but Howard Odell left the cupboard empty. He would have turned things around if not for that little scandal.

Jim Owens won with HIS players.
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

I was so excited last season when Utah was about to score on the ducks to make it 21-0, but then...the camera cuts to uo scoring going the other way to make it 14-7. Game over.

My 20 year old step-son, a huge duck fan, was there with 2 of his duck friends. All my hopes, and doogly hopes at that, were dashed in an instant by the yoot player yooting it at the goal line.

Coincidentally, this step-son was born right around the time of the Wheaton pick, so he's lived an entire life of UW being the little brother. Fuckin fuck.

Address, please?

I will allow you to exit with one, and only one, other member (hopefully one of your 2 Dads), as I pull up in a tanker during a quook game next year.

It's our version of help.

your welcome
  • Options
    MrsPetersenMrsPetersen Member Posts: 724
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Comment
    whlinder said:

I thought Mora was coming

Same, only I fell for it the second time too.
  • Options

whlinder said:

Three times for me.

FMFYFE
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    dnc said:

whlinder said:

Three times for me.

FMFYFE
    If you weren't on the Mora bandwagon in June 2003, you aren't a REAL Doog for Mora.