Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Name your most embarrasing doog moment (deserves it's own thread)

Comments

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,987
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Curious - What was the rationale for doogin' over Gilby when he took over maybe the best Cal team in history (low bar) and turned it into a loser immediately?

Glibly asked the tough questions.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Gladstone said:

2 game win streak to beat crush Cal and WSU to end 2009 had me dooging on all cylinders.

Then BYU week 1 happened in 2010. At that point anyone who wasn't a mouth-slobbering doog should have known Sark wasn't the guy. Woefully unprepared, shit playcalling, poor fundamentals, bad special teams, and lazy mistakes. All on the heels of Herbie's "best playcaller in the nation" proclamation.

BYU was the season is over podcast
    since i lead a miserable and pathetic life, this thread is making me nostalgic as fuck, and i was trying to go find the old poodcasts. they seem to not be on itunes anymore, nor on gridironstats.com

anybody still have them?
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,993
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    2008 season tickets. For both Hawaii and UW. UH was coming off its first ever Sugar Bowel and UW, well, UW couldn't get any worse, right?

5000 miles roundtrip to watch that team? Haven't had season tickets since.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    PurpleJ said:

This thread is a black eye for Hardcore Husky.

Great underage rape culture as always.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,524
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    edited July 2015
    My first Doog moment was right before then.

Rivals had been around for a little while so my brother and I would look at who we were recruiting for the 2003 class and who got UW offers. We had lost to Cal 34-27 the prior season and I remember him pointing out that Cal had then beaten us out on a ton recruits (Brandon Mebane, Matt Malele, Thomas DeCoud, and at least 2 or 3 others) for the 2003 class...it churns my stomach to say I said it didn't matter because we "stole" monster OLB Rob Lewis from USC and Craig Chambers was going to be our next Reggie Williams at WR.

brchco12 said:

My first year as a student was gilby's first. I was frustrated with the regression under neu and thought gilby was going to bring back the early 90s culture. I also thought 6-6 was as bad as it could get.

• Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    HFNY said:

My first Doog moment was right before then.

Rivals had been around for a little while so my brother and I would look at who we were recruiting for the 2003 class and who got UW offers. We had lost to Cal 34-27 the prior season and I remember him pointing out that Cal had then beaten us out on a ton recruits (Brandon Mebane, Matt Malele, Thomas DeCoud, and at least 2 or 3 others) for the 2003 class...it churns my stomach to say I said it didn't matter because we "stole" monster OLB Rob Lewis from USC and Craig Chambers was going to be our next Reggie Williams at WR.

brchco12 said:

My first year as a student was gilby's first. I was frustrated with the regression under neu and thought gilby was going to bring back the early 90s culture. I also thought 6-6 was as bad as it could get.

I had Chem 152 with rob winter 2004, pretty sure he was in an ankle boot all quarter.

#CSB
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited July 2015
    whlinder said:

I thought Mora was coming

I figured this would show up a lot earlier and more often.

#Hope #Pie>Cake