Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Is UCLA a NC contender this year?

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    AZDuck said:

No.

This has been another edition of short answers to questions that need not be asked.

Only one true freshman has ever led a team to a national championship: Oklahoma's Jamelle Holieway in 1985.

Disagree

Which reminds me of the Carmelorizer

"lol"
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Squeakyfouls is as relevant to this conversation as rowboat is to NCAA national championships
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    AZDuck said:

Squeakyfouls is as relevant to this conversation as rowboat and track are to REAL national championships

• Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2015

If Jim Mora is still head coach, the answer is no.

I like to talk shit about a coach who has won 10 games a year back to back and 9 games his first year at a school, that what I like to do. Wait when was the last time UW won 10 games?

I thought this thread was about UCLA being a natty contender? UCLA is better than UW no shit. They were a "playoff contender" last year too and then lost to fucking Utah and weren't even competitive against Oregon.
    And they barely beat Cal and Colorado. UCLA has become a consistent 9-10 win program, but are inconsistent week to week. You can't count on them to play focused and disciplined each week. They are a contender in the South, but not at a national level.
    They also beat the shit out of much better teams along the way, FYI. In 1991 Don James barely beat Cal, in 1990 he barely beat Purdue and SJSU...is that all you remember from those season too? Christ. A win is a win when the season is over.

Mora & UCLA: Cant beat Stanford or Oregon, but they've Owned the south. That's the script right now. Shut the fuck up.
    A win is a win? Is that you Kim? How a team plays week to week matters. You know as well as I do that UCLA isn't making the playoffs.
    You are who your record says you are. (shout out @BillParcells)

I don't think it's impossible they win the Pac12. And if you win your conference you have a strong shot to make the CFP.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

2012- 9-5, #30, #5 class stars per player
    2013- 10-3, #8, #10 class stars per player
    2014- 10-3, #14, #2 class stars per player

UCLA returns 18/22 starters and 2/2 on special teams and brings in the #2 class in stars per player.

They don't play Oregon. Tough games are @Stanford, @Arizona, @Utah, @USC, vs. ASU.

If they beat Stanford, who they've really struggled with under Mora, they could be 10-0 heading into their last two on the road, Utah and USC.

By the time they play USC, they may already have the South wrapped up.

UCLA has a good chance to win the conference and therefore make the playoff.

No! Zero WR's...Jerry is dead meat. End of discussion.

I actually think Jerry can win the job. Very smart and poised qb. However, unless they give platoon duty to Ishmael Adams, the young Weaz doesnt have athlleticism to find sub par receivers to extend drives. Perkins a n d a good oline will give jerry a running game, just need a WR to get open. I dont see it after spring.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club

PurpleJ said:

Jerry "Hitler Youth" Neuheisel

Such facist J
    *fascist
  • Options
    Citrus4TroogsCitrus4Troogs Member Posts: 248
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

UCLA returns 18/22 starters and 2/2 on special teams and brings in the #2 class in stars per player.

They don't play Oregon. Tough games are @Stanford, @Arizona, @Utah, @USC, vs. ASU.

If they beat Stanford, who they've really struggled with under Mora, they could be 10-0 heading into their last two on the road, Utah and USC.

I actually think Jerry can win the job. Very smart and poised qb. However, unless they give platoon duty to Ishmael Adams, the young Weaz doesnt have athlleticism to find sub par receivers to extend drives. Perkins a n d a good oline will give jerry a running game, just need a WR to get open. I dont see it after spring.
    WRs Massington, Johnson, and (SOOPER AZN!) TE Duarte may not be stars, but are good enough to effectively complement what will be (and has been for all three Mora seasons) a running game-centric offense.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

WRs Massington, Johnson, and (SOOPER AZN!) TE Duarte may not be stars, but are good enough to effectively complement what will be (and has been for all three Mora seasons) a running game-centric offense.
    It was a "runcentric" offense with Hundley (only because Hundley was not much better than Miley as a passer). Jerry not a good fit in the offense. Will turn more pro-style with the Weaz. Without a WR, Jerry be fucked. Not saying they wont be good, but a playoff team? Good fucking gracious.

Not even saying he'll start. Just clearly looked the best in spring. If he starts they might be looking at a few losses only because of his physical deficiencies . Mora hasn't developed a good option at QB, kinda similar to Sarks fuckup here.. Hundley got all the snaps during Mora 's tenure.
  • Options
    ThumpThump Member Posts: 793
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

I like to talk shit about a coach who has won 10 games a year back to back and 9 games his first year at a school, that what I like to do. Wait when was the last time UW won 10 games?

The question was would UCLA be an NC contender, I don't think people were really talking shit about him.

And to answer your question about when the UW last won 10 games, that would be under Rick... who coached UCLA right before Mora took over.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,722
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

All depends on QB play. Rosen blew people away in spring, most say he's way beyond where Hundley was in the spring of his RS Frosh year. I think Tom Bradley from pedo state will be a huge upgrade as well. Over/Under for me is 9.5.

BUMP.

Good poonts made here @BallSacked!
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

All depends on QB play. Rosen blew people away in spring, most say he's way beyond where Hundley was in the spring of his RS Frosh year. I think Tom Bradley from pedo state will be a huge upgrade as well. Over/Under for me is 9.5.

BUMP.

UCLA scored 35 points against Stanford.

What more do you want from a true freshman QB?
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

BUMP.

UCLA scored 35 points against Stanford.

What more do you want from a true freshman QB?
    UCLA has lost 3 all conference players from their defense. Much different team today compared to a month ago. That being said, Stanford still beats them at full strength.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

BUMP.

Yeah, but you're still fat Dennis! And fuck you Roaddoog. You're just jealous that UCLA wins 9 games every year.
  • Options

BUMP.

Yeah, but you're still fat Dennis! And fuck you Roaddoog. You're just jealous that UCLA wins 9 games every year.
    *your
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Gary Beban's sham Heisman weeps at this thread.