Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Is UCLA a NC contender this year?

2012- 9-5, #30, #5 class stars per player
2013- 10-3, #8, #10 class stars per player
2014- 10-3, #14, #2 class stars per player

UCLA returns 18/22 starters and 2/2 on special teams and brings in the #2 class in stars per player.

They don't play Oregon. Tough games are @Stanford, @Arizona, @Utah, @USC, vs. ASU.

If they beat Stanford, who they've really struggled with under Mora, they could be 10-0 heading into their last two on the road, Utah and USC.

By the time they play USC, they may already have the South wrapped up.

UCLA has a good chance to win the conference and therefore make the playoff.

Comments

• Options
    RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Not with a true freshman QB, they're not...
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    All depends on QB play. Rosen blew people away in spring, most say he's way beyond where Hundley was in the spring of his RS Frosh year. I think Tom Bradley from pedo state will be a huge upgrade as well. Over/Under for me is 9.5.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

All depends on QB play. Rosen blew people away in spring, most say he's way beyond where Hundley was in the spring of his RS Frosh year. I think Tom Bradley from pedo state will be a huge upgrade as well. Over/Under for me is 9.5.

I don't think Hundley was that great. He really struggled against the best teams.

Even if Rosen is only okay, I think this is the best team Mora has had at UCLA.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,788
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think they'll at least win the South. Probably lose to Stanford again but destroy Arizona, ASU, and USC all the same. Utah could contend but I'd take UCLA in their matchup, even on the road.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited June 2015

Not with a true freshman QB, they're not...

Neu looked better at the spring game, he's not a true frosh. All he has to do is make a third down pass, not turn the ball over, which he has done all his career and keep the chains moving letting the defense rest.
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited June 2015
    If Jim Mora is still head coach, the answer is no.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,480
    Swaye's Wigwam
    UCLA? Of the perennially underachieving UCLAs?

Mora will botch a game against the Zona schools and might lose to Sark too. In fact the script says they blow the usc game after winning the south.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,513
    I can see UCLA winning the South, but I'm not too sure about NC since I think they'll have hiccups against Utah and/or Stanford again. I think the teams with smart DCs will be able to confuse Rosen with their coverages, and I think UCLA's record will reflect Rosen's ability this fall.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,513
    PurpleJ said:

Thought USC was winning the South cuz PLSS told me so.

Since Senior qb's dont matter to most of you dumb fucks, which team and their freshman,sophomore or true junior QB is going to beat them? ASU with their SENIOR QB has a chance at home, Vernon Adams, a senior, has a chance...

Told you fuckerds Sark would win the South soon after taking job. Anyone still want to doubt Puppy your lord next year? I called Stanford/UO vs Usc for title after the season ended. Sark beats Oregon in a rematch, after losing to UO late in November on the road, to win the conference.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    "The entire Pac-12 is gearing up to make a run at the conference title and most of them have a legitimate shot to make it there. UCLA has the talent to be in the mix this season even without the dynamic playmaking of Hundley under center but they don’t have the margin for error to overcome the valleys that often come from playing a young quarterback too soon.

Neuheisel is not going to set the college football world on fire with his ability but he also won’t burn down UCLA’s chances to compete in 2015 by trying to do too much. He knows his skill set and he knows what he has around him, and will be able to lean on the more dynamic playmakers in the offense to make the highlight reel plays to get the Bruins going.

His steady, if unspectacular, play and gutsy leadership will bring the consistency that UCLA needs this season. He may not be the flashy, exciting choice, but Neuheisel is the best choice for the Bruins to get the most out of their offense in 2015."

You can follow Tyler Brett on Twitter @ATylerBrett, on Facebook and on Google.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,536
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    USC has a tougher schedule than UCLA but it could all come down to their rivalry game in terms of winning the south. Arizona and ASU will both be pretty good but not quite as talented as the LA schools.
  • Options
    FenwickFenwick Member Posts: 1,174
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Better UCLA than USarkC
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Before or after the implosion?
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,284
    I don't think Alford can take them past the Elite 8.

You talking football?!? C'mon, son.