Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Is UCLA a NC contender this year?

Comments

• Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Even JLM can't win the whole thing with RN's kid at QB.

They'll be damn good, though.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    TTJ said:

Even JLM can't win the whole thing with RN's kid at QB.

They'll be damn good, though.

The sad thing is Jerry looks better than every 4 star recruit on UW's roster including the two 4 star transfers, Williams and Miles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOjhBXaWh68
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited June 2015

All depends on QB play. Rosen blew people away in spring, most say he's way beyond where Hundley was in the spring of his RS Frosh year. I think Tom Bradley from pedo state will be a huge upgrade as well. Over/Under for me is 9.5.

I don't think Hundley was that great. He really struggled against the best teams.

Even if Rosen is only okay, I think this is the best team Mora has had at UCLA.
    Agree. He was our Lockner, a running back/safety playing QB. He overwhelmed most teams in the pac with his athleticism and tempo, but Stanford/Oregon had him dialed in like irishdawg on a BBW site. Even still he was a play or two away from a rosebowl as a Frosh.

It's definitely his most talented team and his easiest schedule. I'm a little concerned about out corners (I think they're average), but we dumped our Jonathan Smith-like DC for a legend. Hopefully he brings some better pressure packages to hide that weakness.

I think they could win the Pac, and these days that is at least a 50/50 to make CFP. Either way, Gladstone will be jealous and angry.
    Good post, but just as UW will be terrible right as rain, UCLA will flash greatness and win 9-11 games but choke out and play in the Holiday/Alamo/Whatever bowl.

• Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Flagged for watching Jerry re-runs.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    PurpleJ said:

Thought USC was winning the South cuz PLSS told me so.

Such fag, J
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Not with a true freshman QB, they're not...

Are you new here

• Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

The sad thing is Jerry looks better than every 4 star recruit on UW's roster including the two 4 star transfers, Williams and Miles.

No question.
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

If Jim Mora is still head coach, the answer is no.

I like to talk shit about a coach who has won 10 games a year back to back and 9 games his first year at a school, that what I like to do. Wait when was the last time UW won 10 games?

I thought this thread was about UCLA being a natty contender? UCLA is better than UW no shit. They were a "playoff contender" last year too and then lost to fucking Utah and weren't even competitive against Oregon.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,942
    PurpleJ said:

Jerry "BigBallaJ half-brother" Neuheisel

Fixed

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2015

I like to talk shit about a coach who has won 10 games a year back to back and 9 games his first year at a school, that what I like to do. Wait when was the last time UW won 10 games?

I thought this thread was about UCLA being a natty contender? UCLA is better than UW no shit. They were a "playoff contender" last year too and then lost to fucking Utah and weren't even competitive against Oregon.
    And they barely beat Cal and Colorado. UCLA has become a consistent 9-10 win program, but are inconsistent week to week. You can't count on them to play focused and disciplined each week. They are a contender in the South, but not at a national level.
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2015

And they barely beat Cal and Colorado. UCLA has become a consistent 9-10 win program, but are inconsistent week to week. You can't count on them to play focused and disciplined each week. They are a contender in the South, but not at a national level.
    They also beat the shit out of much better teams along the way, FYI. In 1991 Don James barely beat Cal, in 1990 he barely beat Purdue and SJSU...is that all you remember from those season too? Christ. A win is a win when the season is over.

Mora & UCLA: Cant beat Stanford or Oregon, but they've Owned the south. That's the script right now. Shut the fuck up.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    PurpleJ said:

Jerry "Hitler Youth" Neuheisel

Definitely OKG.

#fourthreich
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729

Not many teams were "competitive" against Oregon, including final 4 Florida State. And you are talking about a 2 point loss to Utah who was a 9 win team themselves, with wins against Fresno State, Michigan, USC, Stanford and Colorado State. UW could only have wished to be a good as Utah was last year. Now STFU and stop being a Doog
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,993
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

UCLA? Of the perennially underachieving UCLAs?

Mora will botch a game against the Zona schools and might lose to Sark too. In fact the script says they blow the usc game after winning the south.

This is spot on. If UCLA has the south wrapped up, Sark's team can play loose, trust the playcalling and just let it rip. It's the kind of game where Sark gets an upset win.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    No.

This has been another edition of short answers to questions that need not be asked.

Only one true freshman has ever led a team to a national championship: Oklahoma's Jamelle Holieway in 1985.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam

They also beat the shit out of much better teams along the way, FYI. In 1991 Don James barely beat Cal, in 1990 he barely beat Purdue and SJSU...is that all you remember from those season too? Christ. A win is a win when the season is over.

Mora & UCLA: Cant beat Stanford or Oregon, but they've Owned the south. That's the script right now. Shut the fuck up.
    A win is a win? Is that you Kim? How a team plays week to week matters. You know as well as I do that UCLA isn't making the playoffs.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Can't beat Stanford or Oregon

UW or UCLA you aren't winning a NC with that on your resume
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Did you miss what the thread title was?