Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jacob Eason

Comments

• YeahILikeDawgsYeahILikeDawgs Member Posts: 34
    ease up guys we are stacked at QB plus Eason is too tall and can't even throw for 3,000 yards in a season. Brownding can do that in one game. Championship!
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

wait... so now roaddog is claiming to be inside the confidence circle of Eason and his Dad?... and they're OK with you spewing that confidence on a message bored recruits and their parents read?

"something" smells like bullshit.bullchips

Just sharing what I've heard ;)
    AEB said:

Tequilla said:

I hate this board when it comes to Eason. Some of you have such a hatred for Kim that you aren't seeing the situation clearly.

What are people not seeing clearly?

I see a kid that got the opportunity to go play for a SEC school, a higher tier one at that, with at worst fringe national championship aspirations. At the same time, he's been gifted into a situation where he's likely to be handed the job without a ton of work. It's a great situation for him. Quite possibly a better one than going to UW.

At the end of the day, I'm sure Eason is nice. But all I really care about, all that I ever care about when it comes to recruiting, is that you recruit the best class possible that fits what it is that you are trying to do as a program. If Eason's not an option. Then get the next best option.
    Myles Jack went to a better school and situation than UW. Same with Josh Garnett, Zach Banner, Russell, Max Browne, yadda, yadda. One standard. You have to get the elite guys from in state. Everyone here poo-poos losing Eason.
    I don't disagree with you. The only issue I have is the false narrative about him choosing Georgia over UW because Petersen didn't offer him Day 1 is clownish, lazy, and idiotic. Note the source.
    It's mostly speculation, but I really doubt waiting until June to offer sat well with Eason. It's not like he had one or two offers before UW did. He had tons of them, including some from the best football programs in the country.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Tequilla said:

I hate this board when it comes to Eason. Some of you have such a hatred for Kim that you aren't seeing the situation clearly.

I see a kid that got the opportunity to go play for a SEC school, a higher tier one at that, with at worst fringe national championship aspirations. At the same time, he's been gifted into a situation where he's likely to be handed the job without a ton of work. It's a great situation for him. Quite possibly a better one than going to UW.

At the end of the day, I'm sure Eason is nice. But all I really care about, all that I ever care about when it comes to recruiting, is that you recruit the best class possible that fits what it is that you are trying to do as a program. If Eason's not an option. Then get the next best option.
    Myles Jack went to a better school and situation than UW. Same with Josh Garnett, Zach Banner, Russell, Max Browne, yadda, yadda. One standard. You have to get the elite guys from in state. Everyone here poo-poos losing Eason.
    WTF does local have to do with anything? this is akin to saying romar is a good coach b/c local talent has been down. Yes, it's wonderful to have local kids and quite generally easier to get than a texas kid. That being said, it's also not paramount to a successful program to pull every elite recruit from a certain area. Eason is yet another kid who may have different dreams than some locals. Why do people think that every kid from WA wants to go to UW?

I think the reason people get all bent on eason is that recruiting sites love him, which is always problematic. Eventhough the guys who are paid $4 million a year may not think he fits into what they want to do. I find it hilarious that b/c he's local, and b/c he's some sort of scout all star that every fan is going to rip CP. CP may have whiffed on him, but if recent history says anything WA QB's are highly overrated and eason is just another guy in the mix.

People shouldn't get their manties in a bunch over it. I'd be much more bent over losing OL than a QB
    Disagree with everything you wrote. The fence matters. Max Browne and Jake Heaps have nothing to do with Eason.

Petersen offered Eason and is still recruiting him. He offered too late after tons of better schools already had. That didn't sit well with Eason or his dad. It wouldn't sit well with any prospect with tons of offers. It is what it is.
    And if that is what they are basing their decision on, then more power to them.

I have no idea if the kid will turn out to be a great QB or not ... nobody on this board really does.

Plus, in the grand scheme of things, QB recruiting is far different than any other position.

I'm just not going to get all bent out of shape about this at this point. It's just not worth it.
  • digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,470
    edited June 2015
    This is a good sign:

"Mark Richt confirmed that they're recruiting QB Greyson Lambert, the Virginia grad transfer. Confirming is all Richt can say per NCAA rules."

https://twitter.com/SethEmersonAJC/status/605747627569881088

***Edit: Fuck, this QB is only eligible for the 2015 season. Nevermind.***

This is a good sign:

"Mark Richt confirmed that they're recruiting QB Greyson Lambert, the Virginia grad transfer. Confirming is all Richt can say per NCAA rules."

https://twitter.com/SethEmersonAJC/status/605747627569881088

***Edit: Fuck, this QB is only eligible for the 2015 season. Nevermind.***

Tells me that Georgia is planning on handing the reigns to Eason as a true frosh in 2016.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    What is Eason's connection to UGA?
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,592
    edited June 2015
    Letting myself pretend, for a moment, that I am Lake Stevens 17 year old boy with loose hips and a live arm, I would barely think about U-Dub until I see how their offense looks in 2015. The 2014 offense was tailored to the dual-threat QBs Sarky recruited (Miles, Williams, and Lindquist) but it could be somewhat different by this fall.

It's pretty clear that Petersen wants QB's who are accurate and make good decisions...if they happen to be good scramblers or running threats, all the better. Magna Carta is similar to Lindquist but reportedly farther along than Lindquist was as a RS-Frosh. OTHO, Browning is Petersen's signature QB recruit.

Back to Eason for a moment, the Georgia depth chart is wide open for him but if Browning is as good as advertised, how many years would Eason have to sit behind him? Even aggressively projecting that Browning is the starter by mid-season, Browning would still have 3 more years to start. Does Eason come in as a true frosh and unseat true soph Browning after he started some games the year before? Most likely not. So Eason is 2nd string until he is a Senior?

If Browning ends up not having to play and he redshirts, that puts them closer in terms of eligibility while Eason could end up playing in the first game of his true frosh season (at Georgia) like Eason did.

• HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    HFNY said:

Letting myself pretend, for a moment, that I am Lake Stevens 17 year old boy with loose hips and a live arm, I would barely think about U-Dub until I see how their offense looks in 2015. The 2014 offense was tailored to the dual-threat QBs Sarky recruited (Miles, Williams, and Lindquist) but it could be somewhat different by this fall.

It's pretty clear that Petersen wants QB's who are accurate and make good decisions...if they happen to be good scramblers or running threats, all the better. Magna Carta is similar to Lindquist but reportedly farther along than Lindquist was as a RS-Frosh. OTHO, Browning is Petersen's signature QB recruit.

Back to Eason for a moment, the Georgia depth chart is wide open for him but if Browning is as good as advertised, how many years would Eason have to sit behind him? Even aggressively projecting that Browning is the starter by mid-season, Browning would still have 3 more years to start. Does Eason come in as a true frosh and unseat true soph Browning after he started some games the year before? Most likely not. So Eason is 2nd string until he is a Senior?

If Browning ends up not having to play and he redshirts, that puts them closer in terms of eligibility while Eason could end up playing in the first game of his true frosh season like Eason did.

I read this 6 times and still can't make heads or tails of it. With death or puppy, I'd just chalk it up to.....well.....death and puppy. You, however, don't have that track record. Care to try again?
    You are right, I edited it to include Eason at Georgia.

I still think Eason will continue to choose the easiest path that's been set-up for awhile for him and that's sliding right into a nice situation at Georgia (unless Richt bombs and gets fired).
    No shit just fucking win!

As much as people want to hate on CP and JS' offense last year, they kept the offense mostly the same for QBs the previous regime recruited. If they had inherited Cody Pickett, do you think they would've been running the HUNH spread?

And yeah, it would be nice to have the perfect QB but they don't grow on trees so coaches have to prioritize certain attributes or skills over others when recruiting QBs...just like the NFL does at the next level.
    I would agree with you that they need a better offensive identity. Why not go more towards Stanford's O with our TE's, Lenius, and physical RBs?
    HFNY said:

I would agree with you that they need a better offensive identity. Why not go more towards Stanford's O with our TE's, Lenius, and physical RBs?

I'm not sure. I think most of us would like that to happen. I do question what we are doing on offense, but I also understand I could be rushing to judgment. We have a terrible OL and no QB.
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646

HFNY said:

I'm not sure. I think most of us would like that to happen. I do question what we are doing on offense, but I also understand I could be rushing to judgment. We have a terrible OL and no QB.
    Whenever I get depressed and angry about the offense last year I think of that... But then whenever I get optimistic about a team with a good OL and QB down the road I get worried about maybe having a shit offensive plan. Rock and a hard place.

HFNY said:

Whenever I get depressed and angry about the offense last year I think of that... But then whenever I get optimistic about a team with a good OL and QB down the road I get worried about maybe having a shit offensive plan. Rock and a hard place.
    Hard to judge the plan when you don't have the pieces in place to execute the plan. That's the most frustrating part for me.
  • claychaclaycha Member Posts: 662

Tequilla said:

Voted DOWN for "Everyone" FO