Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Redshirts I want to see in Spring

DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,549 Founders Club
So now that this recruiting class is over and ideally we'll never hear about them for another two years, I was thinking about guys who redshirted last year and who I want to see the most after a year in the shadows.

Everyone knows about Mcgary on the Line, but I really am curious to see how Burleson developed. Does he look more like a lineman, TE, or someone Romar should poach if he wants to survive?

Also are any of the DBs we haven't seen yet going to step up and fill the void in Safety (JoJo? Gardenhire?) or are we just praying Ezekiel Turner is already a man? Kevin King is a freak athlete but he really needs to borrow some aggressiveness from Budda if he wants a chance to stay on the field. Generally if that hasn't happened by now it never will.

Comments

• HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,609
    Burleson grayshirted so he still has a RS year available.

I'm pretty sure Gardenhire played at CB in 2014 but could be wrong.

I'm thinking Zeke Turner ends up winning the SS job and King is the #3 safety.

I'd looking forward to seeing Jaylen Johnson at Buck and Jomon Dotson at RB.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,549 Founders Club
    edited February 2015
    HFNY said:

Burleson grayshirted so he still has a RS year available.

I'm pretty sure Gardenhire played at CB in 2014 but could be wrong.

I'm thinking Zeke Turner ends up winning the SS job and King is the #3 safety.

I'd looking forward to seeing Jaylen Johnson at Buck and Jomon Dotson at RB.

You're right about Gardenhire. Played mainly a special teams role, with a little time at CB. Not nearly as big as I thought judging by the school profile, so definitely not the answer for SS.
  • section_332section_332 Member Posts: 2,403
    edited February 2015
    Zeke could be the next Sean Parker
  • section_332section_332 Member Posts: 2,403
    Alsoexcited about Warren at LB
  • DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    Well, hopefully KJ MagnaCarta didn't win scout POY by default. I really hope he's a better version of his brother. If not, we could be fucked this year.

I know, water is wet POTD.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,549 Founders Club
    edited February 2015

Well, hopefully KJ MagnaCarta didn't win scout POY by default. I really hope he's a better version of his brother. If not, we could be fucked this year.

I know, water is wet POTD.

My only worry about Carta is that if he was good enough to supplant Miles, you figured it would have been worth burning the shirt before TSWO. Unless Peterman took a long look at the squad and just assumed (smartly) TSWO before it began and saved him.

It might be doog speak, but if Browning is as good as I hope, he should be better as a TF than a guy who wasn't good enough as a TF to supplant Miley.
  • RapeculturedawgRapeculturedawg Member Posts: 899
    The D-Line... and MagnaCarta.
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,971
    Coach Pete (ILTCCPCP) mentioned Matt James at his presser. I'm guessing he might be interesting to see. Echo Jaylen Johnson 6'2 255 with speed. Also interested to see what kind of player Bowman is. Haven't heard much yet. Could be good or bad. Either way it'll be interesting.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited February 2015
    I don't think it's a sure thing that King loses his starting job. He's familiar with the defense and is a good athlete. His athleticism makes him not a total lost cause. Nobody has ever watched Zeke Turner play.

I know this thread is about redshirt freshmen, but Joyner could win a starting job at CB or S.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,717 Swaye's Wigwam
    "Redshirting freshmen? Wha- why would you do that, brah?"

-Sark
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    Vita Vea and Greg Gaines - whichever one can fill the void.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,264 Standard Supporter
    Passion said:

Being a former D lineman I am interested in them as well. Haven't seen or heard much about J. Johnson but he was highly thought of when recruited and I'd like to see where he's at. Pete raved about Gaines in his presser last year and Gaines made the two deeps as a true frosh to start the season but was then redshirted. Choate talked about Vea. Dissly , Topou etc. Lots of big bodies and lots of big shoes to fill but I think were gonna be OK! Great to see some flippin' depth!
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

#TeamCarta

Could have a field day looking at all the fundamental flaws in that photo
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,489 Standard Supporter
    Sledog said:

Passion said:

Being a former D lineman I am interested in them as well. Haven't seen or heard much about J. Johnson but he was highly thought of when recruited and I'd like to see where he's at. Pete raved about Gaines in his presser last year and Gaines made the two deeps as a true frosh to start the season but was then redshirted. Choate talked about Vea. Dissly , Topou etc. Lots of big bodies and lots of big shoes to fill but I think were gonna be OK! Great to see some flippin' depth!
    HTH
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    The OL, DL, and QB positions ... nothing else really matters when it comes to 2015.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,489 Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

#TeamCarta

Could have a field day looking at all the fundamental flaws in that photo
    First & foremost, that #MyCarta doesn't have the ball.