Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Redshirts I want to see in Spring

13»

Comments

• HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,609
    Best thing is that there will be competition and depth: Turner (my guess is that he'll play at 205-210 lbs), returning starter RS-JR King (hopefully he can get up to a buck ninety), and RS-Frosh McIntosh (listed at 191, probably will get up to around 200). Trevor Walker will be back though he suffered an ACL tear, is already a junior, and probably won't be 100% until midway through the season.
  • steelheader2steelheader2 Member Posts: 368
    One of the coaches during season said JoJo was up to a solid 200lbs already so he may jump in the mix
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,264 Standard Supporter

Sledog said:

Passion said:

Vita Vea and Greg Gaines - whichever one can fill the void.

Being a former D lineman I am interested in them as well. Haven't seen or heard much about J. Johnson but he was highly thought of when recruited and I'd like to see where he's at. Pete raved about Gaines in his presser last year and Gaines made the two deeps as a true frosh to start the season but was then redshirted. Choate talked about Vea. Dissly , Topou etc. Lots of big bodies and lots of big shoes to fill but I think were gonna be OK! Great to see some flippin' depth!
    D-lineman for the Redmond hawks of pop warner fame? Is that you?
    You must be a psychic!
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

He "may" have athleticism but he's 6-3 168lbs. Rather put a lightweight linebacker with speed back there. Nobody fears our safeties. Go back and play Dick Tomey's or Lambright's safeties. WR's avoided the middle of the field and people got hurt. Havent seen a vicious hit from our safeties in years. Not once last year, the year before etc.... Milloy and Parrish had several EVERY game.

FreeThomas, Safeties play in the backend of the defense (a position you're fond of)...they patrol the secondary in pass coverage and run support. Good ones are fast, physical and quick to recognize plays. They're supposed to bring PAIN (something you receive nightly on the hill) and deter and prevent WR's and running backs from making big plays.

Now, what do you think of Kevin King as a safety? Do not consider his svelt and muscular frame and handsome smile. Those dont count Thomas;)

I prefer the fundamental tackling approach to the big hit (or miss) mentality you seem to be pining for.

The game has evolved past the headhunting days of the past. Hate it or love it, the guy that makes a sure tackle to stop the big play is more valuable than a big bruiser who gives the offense a free 15 yards and a 1st down. Those big hits also put people in wheelchairs.

What do you think about that, Jason Street?
    Awesomed for 6
    Best friends living large in Texas.

Texas Forever.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,549 Founders Club
    edited February 2015
    I would love to see the Jake Locker to Safety experiment with Lindquist. Purely selfish, but it would be hilarious if he turned out alright.

While we're at it, let's do the Stanback/any black QB ever to WR experiment with Miley.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,702 Founders Club
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,489 Standard Supporter
    Caleb McGaryou