Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Redshirts I want to see in Spring

Comments

• HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,609
    I think Petersen was going to RS Magna Carta regardless of what Dude Brah left him with (Miley, Lindquist, Williams).

I'm guessing Magna Carta starts the season but if he struggles during the OOC schedule, then Petersen will turn to Browning. Or maybe Browning is so advanced already, he runs away with the job in fall ball. Tune in because either way, it will be interesting.
    Doogles said:

Well, hopefully KJ MagnaCarta didn't win scout POY by default. I really hope he's a better version of his brother. If not, we could be fucked this year.

I know, water is wet POTD.

My only worry about Carta is that if he was good enough to supplant Miles, you figured it would have been worth burning the shirt before TSWO. Unless Peterman took a long look at the squad and just assumed (smartly) TSWO before it began and saved him.

It might be doog speak, but if Browning is as good as I hope, he should be better as a TF than a guy who wasn't good enough as a TF to supplant Miley.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

Sledog said:

Passion said:

Vita Vea and Greg Gaines - whichever one can fill the void.

Being a former D lineman I am interested in them as well. Haven't seen or heard much about J. Johnson but he was highly thought of when recruited and I'd like to see where he's at. Pete raved about Gaines in his presser last year and Gaines made the two deeps as a true frosh to start the season but was then redshirted. Choate talked about Vea. Dissly , Topou etc. Lots of big bodies and lots of big shoes to fill but I think were gonna be OK! Great to see some flippin' depth!
    HTH
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    Sledog said:

Passion said:

Being a former D lineman I am interested in them as well. Haven't seen or heard much about J. Johnson but he was highly thought of when recruited and I'd like to see where he's at. Pete raved about Gaines in his presser last year and Gaines made the two deeps as a true frosh to start the season but was then redshirted. Choate talked about Vea. Dissly , Topou etc. Lots of big bodies and lots of big shoes to fill but I think were gonna be OK! Great to see some flippin' depth!
    Lots of quantity. Hoping for quality.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,717 Swaye's Wigwam
    Sledog said:

Passion said:

This is true. Gaines was above Qualls in the depth chart for the Hawaii game before they decided to redshirt him.

Given how we're losing all 4 starters on the DL and how the depth at the position is thin, I'm curious to see all the DL we redshirted last year. Choate seems to be the best position coach on the team given how the DL exceeded expectations last year, so I'm curious to see how the position group shapes up this spring with the competition open at every position.
  • ScroteDawgScroteDawg Member Posts: 238
    Passion said:

#PushUpTheMiddle
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,264 Standard Supporter
    Sledog said:

Passion said:

I forgot to mention Bowman, I think he's gonna kick some arse too!
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,128
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Passion said:

I forgot to mention Bowman, I think he's gonna kick some arse too!
    I completely forgot that guy was on the team
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    Doogles said:

So now that this recruiting class is over and ideally r hear about them for another two years, I was thinking about guys who redshirted last year and who I want to see the most after a year in the shadows.

Everyone knows about Mcgary on the Line, but I really am curious to see how Burleson developed. Does he look more like a lineman, TE, or someone Romar should poach if he wants to survive?

Also are any of the DBs we haven't seen yet going to step up and fill the void in Safety (JoJo? Gardenhire?) or are we just praying Ezekiel Turner is already a man? Kevin King is a freak athlete but he really needs to borrow some aggressiveness from Budda if he wants a chance to stay on the field. Generally if that hasn't happened by now it never will.

Plagiarism puppy. Nice work doogles. You obviously ran with my touting of Al Burleson Jr jr.
    Sledog said:

Passion said:

D-lineman for the Redmond hawks of pop warner fame? Is that you?

I don't think it's a sure thing that King loses his starting job. He's familiar with the defense and is a good athlete. His athleticism makes him not a total lost cause. Nobody has ever watched Zeke Turner play.

I know this thread is about redshirt freshmen, but Joyner could win a starting job at CB or S.

I like you 55 but King is junk. Have never seen a safety come down and two-hand-touch a ball carrier like him. Biggest pansy I've e ver seen play safety at Washington. Would be a better corner. Dana Hall had similar measurables and equal pussyfied tendencies.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

I don't think it's a sure thing that King loses his starting job. He's familiar with the defense and is a good athlete. His athleticism makes him not a total lost cause. Nobody has ever watched Zeke Turner play.

I know this thread is about redshirt freshmen, but Joyner could win a starting job at CB or S.

I like you 55 but King is junk. Have never seen a safety come down and two-hand-touch a ball carrier like him. Biggest pansy I've e ver seen play safety at Washington. Would be a better corner. Dana Hall had similar measurables and equal pussyfied tendencies.
    I don't think King is very good. He does have the athleticism to get better and Turner is basically a mystery at this point. Maybe he's not any good either.
    edited February 2015
    He "may" have athleticism but he's 6-3 168lbs. Rather put a lightweight linebacker with speed back there. Nobody fears our safeties. Go back and play Dick Tomey's or Lambright's safeties. WR's avoided the middle of the field and people got hurt. Havent seen a vicious hit from our safeties in years. Not once last year, the year before etc.... Milloy and Parrish had several EVERY game.

FreeThomas, Safeties play in the backend of the defense (a position you're fond of)...they patrol the secondary in pass coverage and run support. Good ones are fast, physical and quick to recognize plays. They're supposed to bring PAIN (something you receive nightly on the hill) and deter and prevent WR's and running backs from making big plays.

Now, what do you think of Kevin King as a safety? Do not consider his svelt and muscular frame and handsome smile. Those dont count Thomas;)
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,549 Founders Club

Doogles said:

So now that this recruiting class is over and ideally r hear about them for another two years, I was thinking about guys who redshirted last year and who I want to see the most after a year in the shadows.

Everyone knows about Mcgary on the Line, but I really am curious to see how Burleson developed. Does he look more like a lineman, TE, or someone Romar should poach if he wants to survive?

Also are any of the DBs we haven't seen yet going to step up and fill the void in Safety (JoJo? Gardenhire?) or are we just praying Ezekiel Turner is already a man? Kevin King is a freak athlete but he really needs to borrow some aggressiveness from Budda if he wants a chance to stay on the field. Generally if that hasn't happened by now it never will.

Plagiarism puppy. Nice work doogles. You obviously ran with my touting of Al Burleson Jr jr.
    I just like 6 foot 7 players with enough athleticism to play basketball. I'm curious if he'll be a TE or OT or DE.

I don't remember anything you've said since More Cock left. It's like watching Jordan playing for the Wizards with you.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,587 Swaye's Wigwam

He "may" have athleticism but he's 6-3 168lbs. Rather put a lightweight linebacker with speed back there. Nobody fears our safeties. Go back and play Dick Tomey's or Lambright's safeties. WR's avoided the middle of the field and people got hurt. Havent seen a vicious hit from our safeties in years. Not once last year, the year before etc.... Milloy and Parrish had several EVERY game.

Sean Parker fucked people up on occasion
  • CMBTvet05CMBTvet05 Member Posts: 8
    edited February 2015
    HFNY said:

I think Petersen was going to RS Magna Carta regardless of what Dude Brah left him with (Miley, Lindquist, Williams).

I'm guessing Magna Carta starts the season but if he struggles during the OOC schedule, then Petersen will turn to Browning. Or maybe Browning is so advanced already, he runs away with the job in fall ball. Tune in because either way, it will be interesting.

Doogles said:

Well, hopefully KJ MagnaCarta didn't win scout POY by default. I really hope he's a better version of his brother. If not, we could be fucked this year.

I know, water is wet POTD.

My only worry about Carta is that if he was good enough to supplant Miles, you figured it would have been worth burning the shirt before TSWO. Unless Peterman took a long look at the squad and just assumed (smartly) TSWO before it began and saved him.

It might be doog speak, but if Browning is as good as I hope, he should be better as a TF than a guy who wasn't good enough as a TF to supplant Miley.
    Everyone is assuming it's Carta or Browning for the starting spot (and I understand why) but is there ANY chance that Lindquist will make strides in the off season and take it? I get the feeling he's peaked but you never know... any thoughts @Doogles ?
  • steelheader2steelheader2 Member Posts: 368
    Only hope for king is that since his shoulder needed surgery he avoided the weight room and milkshakes apparently as well since as plss stated he weighs 168. Now that his shoulder is healthy maybe he can lift and get to 190-200lbs. JL is peaked in high school rob Lowe. His time has passed. Sean Parker dished out a few good hits.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

FreeThomas, Safeties play in the backend of the defense (a position you're fond of)...they patrol the secondary in pass coverage and run support. Good ones are fast, physical and quick to recognize plays. They're supposed to bring PAIN (something you receive nightly on the hill) and deter and prevent WR's and running backs from making big plays.

Now, what do you think of Kevin King as a safety? Do not consider his svelt and muscular frame and handsome smile. Those dont count Thomas;)

I prefer the fundamental tackling approach to the big hit (or miss) mentality you seem to be pining for.

The game has evolved past the headhunting days of the past. Hate it or love it, the guy that makes a sure tackle to stop the big play is more valuable than a big bruiser who gives the offense a free 15 yards and a 1st down. Those big hits also put people in wheelchairs.

What do you think about that, Jason Street?
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,489 Standard Supporter

I prefer the fundamental tackling approach to the big hit (or miss) mentality you seem to be pining for.

The game has evolved past the headhunting days of the past. Hate it or love it, the guy that makes a sure tackle to stop the big play is more valuable than a big bruiser who gives the offense a free 15 yards and a 1st down. Those big hits also put people in wheelchairs.

What do you think about that, Jason Street?
    Awesomed for 6