Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I am sick of King County liberals living off welfare and government spending.

Comments

• Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2015

Passion said:

This is a nationwide trend (state by state, there are probably some exceptions before d2d finds one). I'm too lazy (actually I'm sort of busy too) to link it right now...facts are out there though.

You mean population centers pay more taxes than desolate areas? Not exactly breaking news.
    Spokane is desolate? Now that is news, better let them know.
    Pretty sure they already do.
    No, that's the problem. People in places like that DON'T know about life in the outside world. They just think they do.

Last year a friend sent me a map of the United States where each state received a color based on the number of passports per capita. The map wouldn't surprise you.
    I'm a man of the people. You're an elitist
    I'm in the party that supports better funded public schools, higher minimum wage, better funding for veterans healthcare, stronger nutritional programs, equal pay for women, and a tax code that doesn't favor the wealthy, and I'm the elitist and you're a man of the people?

Yah, right.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Passion said:

Passion said:

This is a nationwide trend (state by state, there are probably some exceptions before d2d finds one). I'm too lazy (actually I'm sort of busy too) to link it right now...facts are out there though.

You mean population centers pay more taxes than desolate areas? Not exactly breaking news.
    No, that's the problem. People in places like that DON'T know about life in the outside world. They just think they do.

Last year a friend sent me a map of the United States where each state received a color based on the number of passports per capita. The map wouldn't surprise you.
    I'm in the party that supports better funded public schools, higher minimum wage, better funding for veterans healthcare, stronger nutritional programs, equal pay for women, and a tax code that doesn't favor the wealthy, and I'm the elitist and you're a man of the people?

Yah, right.
    another GOP'er?
  • Options
    d2dd2d Member Posts: 3,109
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Passion said:

The Stranger is your source?

Oh, sorry. Please feel free to produce statistics that contradict the numbers detailed in the article I linked.

Thanks.
    Maybe The Stranger should back it own hypothesis? That's what a legitimate "news" source does.
  • Options
    d2dd2d Member Posts: 3,109
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Passion said:

Passion said:

Yah, right.
    What good does it do when Dow Constantine and the County Council misappropriates all the Veteran's money from the tax levy already?
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,532
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Erwin Rommel was an honorable man.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,429
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Passion said:

Passion said:

Yah, right.
    Your love of your fellow citizens comes through loud and clear
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    loadsock said:

So if you don't have a passport yet have the ability to produce the bread and wheat to produce much of the sandwich (or in your case, your gluten free, multigrain Cronut in DC) you stuff your face with, then you're simple, stupid, poor, or on the dole and of course you're from a red part of any state. God forbid your logic and numbers hold true in Detroit, Philadelphia, Baltimore, etc because they are places that vote blue no matter what and are clear bastions of economic success. Funny but I bet you won't produce those numbers.

I grew up in rural small town Hicksville for 25 years and, believe me, when the shit hits the fan, you will need their contributions more than they will need yours. I've lived it myself and seen people live and survive in those places with little to no monetary possession. Many make it, some don't.

Since you've made it abundantly clear over the years that you live and work in the DC area and have alluded that you work in some aspect of government (that's pretty much all people who live in DC and ritzy northern VA), then who in the fuck supplements your paycheck? Is it taxpayers who only vote blue or could it be some of those lowlife people who lean red and who you stare down your nose at?

It's polarized partisan hacks like you who create the west side of WA vs the east side of WA or the northern part of VA where the more formally educated erudite and "cultured" fuckheads like yourself make no qualms about your superiority complex over those lowlifes living in south. These people you scorn for their political difference don't have something as trivial as a passport but I do know that many worry more about their next nutritious meal while you stress out over which Merlot or Cab or Chardonnay will compliment the filet mignon and seafood at your Friday night dinner party with your fellow like minded cultural elites.

The irony of it all is that you live in a state (VA?) or district (DC?) whose wealth and higher tax bracket exists almost solely because those constituents you supposedly serve (both reds and blues) bust their asses in their lower to middle class paying jobs and pay taxes so you can live comfortably on their toiling, non passport owning backs.

Cue the praying dog please so I can make a wish that partisan hacks like you (and from the other side as well) will die in a fucking fire. It's people like you and who share your attitudes and also your similar acting opponents who have ruined this country in countless ways. And you can thank me for the federal taxes I pay to keep people like you employed.

I don't even know where to begin addressing this emotional and silly rant. My how uninformed you are.

I don't work for the government, though I find it humorous that you accuse me of having a blanket view of farmers while you clearly have a negative opinion of government employees.

But your comment on peoples' reliance on farmers is where your ignorance clearly shows through. They rely on the rest of us far more than we rely on them. Farmers in the United States are heavily subsidized and protected by the American taxpayer. The "Farm Bill" that Congress passes every few years is chuck filled with subsidies for farmers, many of which result in inflated prices. Not exactly the free market principles that republicans espouse.

Moreover, agricultural products like sugar, dairy, and beef are protected from international competition. If we could freely import beef from Australia, sugar from Brazil, and milk from Canada, all of these commodities would be much cheaper at our grocery stores. Other countries also subsidize their farmers, but that doesn't change the fact that farmers (in many countries) enjoy special protections and taxpayer funded "welfare" that the rest of us don't. Again, not exactly a free market system.

When the "shit hits the fan" we will need their contributions more than they need ours? Well, in the unlikely event of a nuclear war or when he'll freezes over you might be right. Until then, they need our subsidies and our protections a lot more.

The rest of your temper tantrum is silly. You want to solve partisanship? You want Congress to get things done? Then join with those of us who believe that congressional districts should not be gerrymandered, and should be drawn by bipartisan committees. DO NOT watch Fox News or MSNBC. Get your news from legitimate sources.

My problem is not with rural America per se, it's with hypocrits who decry government spending, but then rely on it. It's with people who vote against their own self interests because they don't like gay people or reproductive rights.
  • Options
    SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,437

Passion said:

Passion said:

Yah, right.
    Your love of your fellow citizens Comrades comes through loud and clear
  • Options
    loadsockloadsock Member Posts: 686
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment Testing 1
    edited February 2015

Yah, right.

Better funding for public schools? What about the perspective that all that extra funding isn't A) resulting in any improvement in the important subjects like math and science and we continue to slip compared to many other countries OR B) a disproportionate amount is going Into the coffers of public school teacher unions or administration? Are you so obtuse and narrow minded to think that your party is too fucking stupid to figure that just throwing taxpayers' money doesn't always equal better results? Seriously, just do a search on the profit turned by the department of education in the last s ever recordable years and you'll see 8 figures consistently. With all the profit turned, where are the results and fruits of all this educational investment? I'm referring to post secondary education on down to K-12. With numbers like that, something seriously isn't adding up if one looks at how we stack up against other countries. Anyone with a lick of common sense understands the need to improve all aspects of education but it's perfectly ok to question just where these taxpayer invested "funds" are truly being spent/diverted(?). Again the results aren't commensurate with the funding amounts.

Higher minimum wage? You don't own or work for a business that ISN'T sustained by an endless supply of money errrr....taxes right? Don't answer that. See the first casualty of that measure in San Francisco's very own Borderland Books. We will see how it continues to go as the minimum wage maxes out at 15$ in 2017 or 2018.

Better funding for veteran's healthcare? Oh you mean better funding for People like Major Nidal Hassan who sits in the brig collecting full wage while the families and the victims he shot up or murdered can't even get paid because your dear old president classifies the Fort Hood shooting as "workplace violence"? Truth be known, funding for the VA under Obama has increased throughout his administration. It will be about 154$ billion this year. It also increased from 2000-2008 under a president who's just as vilified as the current one.

Stronger nutritional programs? I haven't followed this subject but are you once again so blinded by partisanship that you think one party wants nutrition value to be lessoned for people? Again, is it the issue of nutrition or where the money will be spent? The First Lady's nutrition efforts in schools, while noble, aren't being received well but then again that could just be those sloths who vote red who are against it. Or maybe, just maybe, people feel that the government should stay out the nutritional decisions (yes, IMO, their nutritional decisions are often very poor) of the populace. Even New Yorkers frowned on Bloomberg's soda ban.

A tax code that doesn't favor the wealthy? Interesting to see you absolutely shred those inbred ignoramuses who live in red areas simply because they don't have a passport. Now all of a sudden you're a champion for these downtrodden, ignorant malcontents who cling to their guns and religion. And just so you know, the same people that write these tax codes are already wealthy and red or blue, they stay rich irrespective of the lip service they claim when "reforming" the tax code. Last time I checked, people like George Soros, Bill Gates, and Warren Buffett enjoyed the same benefits of tax code "reform" the same way your favorite Koch brothers or Donald Trumps did. Again, you're blinded by partisanship and an inability to entertain objectivity and opinions that differ from yours.

Lastly, a quick Google search (women's pay at White Hoise) shows a Washington Post article and 3rd down a HuffingGas Post article describing average male pay in the White House to be 88,600$ per annum while women get $78,400 on average, a consistent 13% difference for pretty much every year Your Infallible Dear Leader has been in office. So yeah, it's hilarious that you spew this equal pay bullshit that Obama and Democrats preach when the administration can't even clean up on its own doorstep.

For as cultured, affluent, and well educated as you make yourself out to be while possibly living In or near one of the more expensive epicenters in the country, you sure have a warped sense of many things political. What's most tragic, however, is that you've swallowed so much democrat semen that you genuinely do believe that there is a difference between the 2 major parties.

• Options
    loadsockloadsock Member Posts: 686
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment Testing 1
    Actually Passion, you talk about silly rants and temper tantrums yet you fail to realize that you basically said people who don't have passports are worthy of being looked down upon.

You talk about farmers being heavily subsidized and I realize they are. Yet since they tend to be from red counties, they are worthy of nothing but your scorn. Maybe you should head down to those lowlifes in Southern VA and learn just what it entails to know how to farm and to rely on unknown variables like nature and weather. I'd rather subsidize those that produce our food if I were ever given that choice.

Try walking in the shoes of those individuals you clearly look down on. I'd say it might change your perspective but I honestly don't think you're capable of such an act. Your mind seems to be too narrow to entertain debate that differs from your own.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Passion said:

loadsock said:

So if you don't have a passport yet have the ability to produce the bread and wheat to produce much of the sandwich (or in your case, your gluten free, multigrain Cronut in DC) you stuff your face with, then you're simple, stupid, poor, or on the dole and of course you're from a red part of any state. God forbid your logic and numbers hold true in Detroit, Philadelphia, Baltimore, etc because they are places that vote blue no matter what and are clear bastions of economic success. Funny but I bet you won't produce those numbers.

I grew up in rural small town Hicksville for 25 years and, believe me, when the shit hits the fan, you will need their contributions more than they will need yours. I've lived it myself and seen people live and survive in those places with little to no monetary possession. Many make it, some don't.

Since you've made it abundantly clear over the years that you live and work in the DC area and have alluded that you work in some aspect of government (that's pretty much all people who live in DC and ritzy northern VA), then who in the fuck supplements your paycheck? Is it taxpayers who only vote blue or could it be some of those lowlife people who lean red and who you stare down your nose at?

It's polarized partisan hacks like you who create the west side of WA vs the east side of WA or the northern part of VA where the more formally educated erudite and "cultured" fuckheads like yourself make no qualms about your superiority complex over those lowlifes living in south. These people you scorn for their political difference don't have something as trivial as a passport but I do know that many worry more about their next nutritious meal while you stress out over which Merlot or Cab or Chardonnay will compliment the filet mignon and seafood at your Friday night dinner party with your fellow like minded cultural elites.

The irony of it all is that you live in a state (VA?) or district (DC?) whose wealth and higher tax bracket exists almost solely because those constituents you supposedly serve (both reds and blues) bust their asses in their lower to middle class paying jobs and pay taxes so you can live comfortably on their toiling, non passport owning backs.

Cue the praying dog please so I can make a wish that partisan hacks like you (and from the other side as well) will die in a fucking fire. It's people like you and who share your attitudes and also your similar acting opponents who have ruined this country in countless ways. And you can thank me for the federal taxes I pay to keep people like you employed.

I don't even know where to begin addressing this emotional and silly rant. My how uninformed you are.

I don't work for the government, though I find it humorous that you accuse me of having a blanket view of farmers while you clearly have a negative opinion of government employees.

But your comment on peoples' reliance on farmers is where your ignorance clearly shows through. They rely on the rest of us far more than we rely on them. Farmers in the United States are heavily subsidized and protected by the American taxpayer. The "Farm Bill" that Congress passes every few years is chuck filled with subsidies for farmers, many of which result in inflated prices. Not exactly the free market principles that republicans espouse.

Moreover, agricultural products like sugar, dairy, and beef are protected from international competition. If we could freely import beef from Australia, sugar from Brazil, and milk from Canada, all of these commodities would be much cheaper at our grocery stores. Other countries also subsidize their farmers, but that doesn't change the fact that farmers (in many countries) enjoy special protections and taxpayer funded "welfare" that the rest of us don't. Again, not exactly a free market system.

When the "shit hits the fan" we will need their contributions more than they need ours? Well, in the unlikely event of a nuclear war or when he'll freezes over you might be right. Until then, they need our subsidies and our protections a lot more.

The rest of your temper tantrum is silly. You want to solve partisanship? You want Congress to get things done? Then join with those of us who believe that congressional districts should not be gerrymandered, and should be drawn by bipartisan committees. DO NOT watch Fox News or MSNBC. Get your news from legitimate sources.

My problem is not with rural America per se, it's with hypocrits who decry government spending, but then rely on it. It's with people who vote against their own self interests because they don't like gay people or reproductive rights.
    I like to brag about being pro nutrition while I bitch about subsidizing farmers.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,507
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Passion said:

loadsock said:

I like to brag about being pro nutrition while I bitch about subsidizing farmers.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    As someone who takes his nutrition very seriously these "better nutritional programs" are a fucking joke.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    72% of USDA expenditures are for food stamp, school lunch and nutrition programs. 15% goes to farm subsidy and commodity stabilization programs.

Passion speaks about 'his' tax revenue he contributes like 12's talk about their contributions to Seahawk wins.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    loadsock said:

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

I expect a lot of WTFs from Passion and more Honda fucktard ness in this thread sadly.

Coming from the dude who posts a Suzuki.
    Huh?
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,599
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    This thread delivers.
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    I'm just amazed that a worthless article pushing even more worthless statistics ended up in a 3 page and counting thread.

At least it is informative to see where some folks *cough* Passion *cough* get their "information"...