Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Water is wet, and no-huddle exists to hide an anemic OL.

TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
Asked if told 10 years ago he would be calling this type of offense, Sarkisian laughed. He said he should have been and also said that he would love to have played this style. In the past, he thought an approach where he tried to shorten the game would be the best route for the team. But, because of depth and skill personnel, that this best-suited the Huskies this season. In addition, he said it allows them to, “emphasize our skill players and de-emphasize up front.”
Story. Who needs to recruit linemen, bitches?

Comments

• Options
    So basically he doesn't feel the need to recruit OL at all. He's also wrong, should have ran this offense since day fucking one.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Fixed: "Who needs to recruit linemen, bitches?" asked dan cozzetto.

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    The DL is going to pay the biggest price for this pace, but of course Sark only considers the Oh-fence
  • Options
    TitusPulloTitusPullo Member Posts: 146
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    Our defensive lines already usually suck, so I don't see why one should care if they now are tired while sucking?
  • Options
    During the first half there were a number of plays when boise state's O-line literally PUSHED our defense backward 5 yards, and their RB had nothing to do except walk behind them.

Our O-line? Thank God Sankey has good vision. He'll need it this year.
  • Options
    Sark is full of shit how this is the first year he could use this offense.

You are telling me that Chris Polk, Jermaine Kearse, Devin Aguilar, Goodwin, James Johnson(when he was good), Middleton and Lockner wouldn't kick ass in this offense?! GTFO with that nonsense.

Rolling with the prostyle the first four years was stupid. I guess better late than never and I really hope years from now we'll look back at Sark changing this offense as the turning point(like James changing defense vs OSU in 89', Neuheisel going to option vs Colorado in 99').

I hope it works out but I'm still a little bummed he didn't go to this when it was so obvious especially by the time Jack was a senior.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,066
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

You are telling me that Chris Polk, Jermaine Kearse, Devin Aguilar, Goodwin, James Johnson(when he was good), Middleton and Lockner wouldn't kick ass in this offense?! GTFO with that nonsense.

Rolling with the prostyle the first four years was stupid. I guess better late than never and I really hope years from now we'll look back at Sark changing this offense as the turning point(like James changing defense vs OSU in 89', Neuheisel going to option vs Colorado in 99').

I hope it works out but I'm still a little bummed he didn't go to this when it was so obvious especially by the time Jack was a senior.

Agree with most of what you wrote, except I am not sure Lockner could have reacted mentally to the defensive reads quickly enough...it requires quick progressions, something he still struggles with, because he is basically dumb as a brick.

#Wonderlicbitches

p.s. Then again, Massoli was good at it, and he has GOT to be dumber than Montlake Jesus.
  • Options
    Swaye said:

Agree with most of what you wrote, except I am not sure Lockner could have reacted mentally to the defensive reads quickly enough...it requires quick progressions, something he still struggles with, because he is basically dumb as a brick.

#Wonderlicbitches

p.s. Then again, Massoli was good at it, and he has GOT to be dumber than Montlake Jesus.
    Jack is a moron but at least he's in an offense where you are showcasing his athletic ability. While in the pro style you had him act like a real QB which required someone who is smart and accurate and he is neither.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,066
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Swaye said:

#Wonderlicbitches

Also, this offense is much simpler. Fewer plays, smaller playbook, less to think about.

Jack was usually pretty solid in the two minute drill because he didn't have to think, he just went out and played.

I think he'd do very well in this offense.

You might be right. I keep thinking it is tough to make those read and react decisions quickly in this offense, but perhaps it is more natural to a dummy like Jack to just play sandlot ball and use instincts, which he actually WAS good at.
  • Options
    Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Testing 1
    why does Passion want to blame the oline coach for the poor line? Coz recruits arizona. O-line isn't his responsibility. Now if Cozetto sucks as an oline coach (which I havent heard) and big steakeaters (lol) dont want to play for him, that's on Sark.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Lots of good points in this thread.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Why do you guys call Sark Jack?
  • Options
    Dick_B said:

why does Passion want to blame the oline coach for the poor line? Coz recruits arizona. O-line isn't his responsibility. Now if Cozetto sucks as an oline coach (which I havent heard) and big steakeaters (lol) dont want to play for him, that's on Sark.

Adrian Klemm laughed at this one.
  • Options
    Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Testing 1
    Passion said:

Dick_B said:

Adrian Klemm laughed at this one.
    answer the fucking question! Cozz coaches up what he is given. Since we don't have Klemm, and won't get him anytime soon (HE HAS A CONTRACT) how does his name answer the question?
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Where have you been? It's pretty well known that other coaches negatively recruit against cozzetto, and kids don't want to play for him. Why? Because he is a mindless screamer, not a teacher.

In contrast, Adrian Klemm IS a great recruiter of offensive linemen, no matter where they come from. Kids want to play for him because he bonds with them, and he uses it to his advantage in recruiting.
  • Options
    AuburndawgAuburndawg Member Posts: 362
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    We won 38-6. Gained almost 600 yards and gave up zero TDs.

But the offensive and defensive lines are terrible and the coach is an idiot.

If you saw Sark walking across Lake Washington some of you would say it just shows he can't swim.
  • Options
    trackertracker Member Posts: 866
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic

We won 38-6. Gained almost 600 yards and gave up zero TDs.

But the offensive and defensive lines are terrible and the coach is an idiot.

If you saw Sark walking across Lake Washington some of you would say it just shows he can't swim.

Or the lake lacked depth.

:)
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,545
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Lake Washington is awfully young