Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Water is wet, and no-huddle exists to hide an anemic OL.

13»

Comments

• Options
    4321DAWGS4321DAWGS Member Posts: 98
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    here is another thing you do not understand. our head coach and offendive play caller thought spending his own time recruiting offensive lineman was a waste of his time. he would not text or call them. he barely spoke to them on visits. would you want to to go to a school where the top guy thought you were a waste of time or go to a school where the big boss took time to get to know you? you are right about our offensive line struggles and where we have been ranked. now you know why. of course we have not gotten much push since he has been here. he inherited worthless players that did not lift and he has been recruiting from the bottom of the barrel. fun fact position coaches do not only recruit their position. coaches are assigned a region by the recruiting coordinator and recruit that region. of course other schools negativeky recruit against him. that is there job. guess what? we negatively recruit against other schools. gasp. he is not a 1950s style coach. maybe someone somewhere told you that. he is an old school coach effectively coaching the modern game. you say I have zero proof yet you only answered two of my questions. you do not know shit
  • Options
    vadawgvadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 466
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    My question is:

Has Sark changed his attitude toward the recruitment of OL? If so, how? What's the theory behind WHY he wouldn't put effort into recruiting OL?

FUCK, he was a fucking QB! YTFuck would a former QB think that the OL wasn't an important component to your fucking team?!?!? This in itself says he's a fucking idiot, and not HC material!
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Position coaches don't recruit their position? Really, I'll pass that on to Tosh Lupoi. He'll find it interesting.

You know the best way to counter negative recruiting? Be a guy that players want to play for. He is not, hence our crappy OL recruiting classes. Adrian Klemm is a prime example of a guy that players want to play for.

I agree with you that Sark is equally (if not more) to blame. No arguments there. But why is cozzetto "recruiting from the bottom of the barrel?" Perhaps it's because that's the only place he can recruit from. And he has been here 5 years, and you're still talking about the "players he inherited." Love the excuses.

But the bottom line is that NONE of cozzetto's players are recognized at the conference level, and I don't see it happening any time soon.

Yah, I don't know shit. Just the facts, mrs. cozzetto.
  • Options
    historically position coaches don't strictly recruit their position. they are assigned a region. tosh being a top give national recruiter is a totally different animal. nobody on this staff can recruit like him. on one hand you are admitting that sark does nothing for offensive line recruiting and on the other you are blaming cozzetto. he gets no help. for the first there years he played the other guys and had to throw his young guys out to the wolves because the cupboards were bare. i do not know about you but i would love to have porter right now playing. do you know who he has recruited here or at other schools?
  • Options
    vadawg said:

My question is:

Has Sark changed his attitude toward the recruitment of OL? If so, how? What's the theory behind WHY he wouldn't put effort into recruiting OL?

FUCK, he was a fucking QB! YTFuck would a former QB think that the OL wasn't an important component to your fucking team?!?!? This in itself says he's a fucking idiot, and not HC material!

my hope with the new staff is that they would change his attitude towards recruiting offensive lineman. i have heard this has happened but i do not know for sure. if i new why he was not involved i would tell you. he thought it was a waste of his time. i completely agree with the last part
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Passion said:

Position coaches don't recruit their position? Really, I'll pass that on to Tosh Lupoi. He'll find it interesting.

That's not exactly what he said. What he said was that coaches are assigned recruiting by regions, and I'll add that it's been that way for a very long time. A friend of mine was recruited as an offensive lineman by Jim Lambright early in Lambright's career as the DC. Lambright's involvement was based solely on his assigned recruiting region.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Solid poasts numbersDawgs
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,091
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2234Dawg actually does make sense
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    4321DAWGS said:

on one hand you are admitting that sark does nothing for offensive line recruiting and on the other you are blaming cozzetto.

Wrong. I blame both.

And regarding your next post (changed attitudes towards OL recruiting), it's sad that attitudes had to change. Shouldn't a head coach prioritize OL recruiting from day 1? Sark has a poor record on the OL and interior DL.
  • Options
    think it through passion. put it in another context. if you are a linebacker and the linebacker coach was recruiting but the defensive coordinator would not spend any time talking to you but all the other schools defensive coordinators had a relationship with you and they all explained to you how they would use you in their scheme what would you do?
  • Options
    4321DAWGS said:

think it through passion. put it in another context. if you are a linebacker and the linebacker coach was recruiting but the defensive coordinator would not spend any time talking to you but all the other schools defensive coordinators had a relationship with you and they all explained to you how they would use you in their scheme what would you do?

Sorry, it's cozzetto too. I've heard too much. The guy is not a good recruiter.
  • Options
    TitusPulloTitusPullo Member Posts: 146
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    I wish Sark had kept Michalzik or whatever from Cal that he lost to the Rayduhs. Getting rid of Cozzetto is my biggest wish regarding the assistants. Speeding up the growth rate of a DJ clone baby is one of the others.
  • Options
    Passion said:

4321DAWGS said:

Sorry, it's cozzetto too. I've heard too much. The guy is not a good recruiter.
    what have you heard?
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,075
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

We won 38-6. Gained almost 600 yards and gave up zero TDs.

But the offensive and defensive lines are terrible and the coach is an idiot.

If you saw Sark walking across Lake Washington some of you would say it just shows he can't swim.

Bump.
    Best. Bump. Ever.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Houhusky said:

Aubby we all know you're listening...