Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Water is wet, and no-huddle exists to hide an anemic OL.

Comments

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,567 Founders Club

We won 38-6. Gained almost 600 yards and gave up zero TDs.

But the offensive and defensive lines are terrible and the coach is an idiot.

If you saw Sark walking across Lake Washington some of you would say it just shows he can't swim.

People (even Doogs) are looking for consistency. He's had some impressive wins before, but then they followed it up with clunkers. I'd like to see them go at least 5-1 with no _insert rape analogy for a bad loss here_.

like I've said, the guy has the potential to be a good coach. Maybe he's learning and all those good recruiting classes are paying off, but there are still some deficiencies. I'm still in wait and see mode.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,675 Founders Club
    I need to see a championship
  • I need to see a championship

Doogs like to hold other coaches to high expectations but ignore those same standards to their own coach.

Mora wins 9? Fuck win a title then I'll anoint him.

Sark win 9? This year is special! What do you sark haters have to say now?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,539 Founders Club
    It would just mean that Woodward paid for a walkway to be placed two inches beneath the water's surface. :)
  • priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,051
    It makes sense at least to me to not ever huddle. Why does the QB always have to be the middleman for calling plays? ...will inevitably lead to mistakes with the extra middleman. If you have dumb and slow coaches and players, then your team should probably huddle. Why allow the other team to make defensive substitutions?
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,358 Founders Club

Looks like you forgot about the Gameday Championship last year, and the Holiday Bowl Championship. This fat fucker is showing you all kinds of hardware, and triple chins.

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,989 Founders Club
    Passion said:

If you saw Sark walking across Lake Washington some of you would say it just shows he can't swim.

Some of us consider the opponent, and we analyze specific positions to see how we might stack up against superior teams (i.e., better than a boise state team that lost A LOT of people from '2012). How many sacks did our DEs have? How much penetration from the front 4? Teams that beat oregon (i.e., auburn, stanford, etc.) did so because their D-lines disrupted oregon's backfield.

If we beat oregon or stanford "38-6 and gain almost 600 yards and give up zero TDs," plenty of us will scream like 8th grade girls at a Justin Beiber concert.
    Quite possibly your best poast.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    If Sark was half the coach Rick was, he'd have made Jack into Tui instead of tying to make him the next Mark Sanchez.
  • SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,105 Swaye's Wigwam

It's a good thing he's had time to get all his own Disciples in there
  • 4321DAWGS4321DAWGS Member Posts: 98
    Passion said:

Where have you been? It's pretty well known that other coaches negatively recruit against cozzetto, and kids don't want to play for him. Why? Because he is a mindless screamer, not a teacher.

In contrast, Adrian Klemm IS a great recruiter of offensive linemen, no matter where they come from. Kids want to play for him because he bonds with them, and he uses it to his advantage in recruiting.

well known? it is well known to the idiots on the other site. you are usually on point but here you have no fucking clue what you are talking about. you do not know shit about his recruiting or his coaching. he is an excellent teacher. how many film sessions or offensive line meetings have you sat in on? how many practices? do you talk to offensive lineman he has recruited or that play for him? ever hear him take a call from a recruit or have a conversation in front of you? do you know who he recruited here? did you hear stories from the pussies from his first time at uw? tell me something not repeated endlessly on the other site
  • 4321DAWGS said:

Passion said:

Where have you been? It's pretty well known that other coaches negatively recruit against cozzetto, and kids don't want to play for him. Why? Because he is a mindless screamer, not a teacher.

In contrast, Adrian Klemm IS a great recruiter of offensive linemen, no matter where they come from. Kids want to play for him because he bonds with them, and he uses it to his advantage in recruiting.

well known? it is well known to the idiots on the other site. you are usually on point but here you have no fucking clue what you are talking about. you do not know shit about his recruiting or his coaching. he is an excellent teacher. how many film sessions or offensive line meetings have you sat in on? how many practices? do you talk to offensive lineman he has recruited or that play for him? ever hear him take a call from a recruit or have a conversation in front of you? do you know who he recruited here? did you hear stories from the pussies from his first time at uw? tell me something not repeated endlessly on the other site
    Are you related to Cozzetto?
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,046 Standard Supporter
    I think it's pretty safe to say our offensive line recruiting has really subpar. We cannot recruit tackles specifically and have not developed many good ones the past 4 years.

I was surprised how well the line in spurts last year given all of the injuries like the Utah game. Equally disappointed in how bad they were against wazzu last year.

Maybe he is a decent teacher but its obvious high profile offensive lineman are not coming here when playing time is for the taking. Especially the last few years. Kohler porter and hatchie were decent recruits but not a lot since that were heavily sought after.
  • 4321DAWGS4321DAWGS Member Posts: 98

4321DAWGS said:

Passion said:

what os with you and stupid fuvking questions? i am a husky
  • 4321DAWGS said:

4321DAWGS said:

Passion said:

what os with you and stupid fuvking questions? i am a husky
    The audience would have also accepted "Your eyes are as good as mine".
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031

national... or will gameday work?
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    4321 has convinced me that Cozzetto is a good OL coach. I always knew he was a decent X's and O's guy, but I was critical of his recruiting efforts, even though I know he only recruits Arizona. When I found out Sark does not talk to OL recruits until they get offered, that told me all I needed to know. Cozzetto has worked with average or worse talent every year. When your head coach doesn't put in the same effort towards the OL (Why?) what is he going to do?

I would love a dynamite recruiter for the OL, but when the head coach does not talk to these guys until they get an offer and makes dumbass comments about de-emphasizing up front, what is the guy supposed to do? I have no clue why Sark wouldn't want great skill players AND great lineman. Are we the only ones who live lives of abundance?
  • santanasantana Member Posts: 75
    After the Dawgs plunger rape the University of Phoenix to go 3-0 on the season... The Doogs will be out in full force. The excitement for the program will be at an all-time high. UW will be ranked fairly high, say 17th.

They will enter a home game against Arizona that will tell us more than anything about Sark and the progress this team has made. It will be a must-win. As another plunger rape from Rich Rod (as always) would likely kick the team into a 3 game tail spin with Stanford and Oregon on deck. 3-3 is always special.

The team did look good, but for all we know Boise State sucks this year. I will reserve judgement until they go 4-0. Anything else would be a major failure at this point.
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    edited September 2013
    4321DAWGS said:

Passion said:

Our offensive line recruiting has sucked shit for a long time, and he is a big reason why. Top quality high school OLs don't want to play for him. You want proof - Look at our OL recruiting classes since he has been here. They've been horrific. The guy simply can't recruit his own position!

He is also a 1950s style coach trying to teach players in 2013. Screaming like your deranged grandfather isn't teaching. Justin Wilcox is a teacher. dan cozzetto is not.

Yes, I speak to a lot of people around the conference, and trust me - other schools negatively recruit against cozzetto. He is a liability. Give me Adrian Klemm...or somebody like him.

Your problem is that you simply don't want to look at facts. Our OL recruits have been ranked toward the bottom of the pac-12 since he got here, and we never get push on running plays. Rather, our QBs get pounded, and we've been lucky to have stellar RBs in Chris Polk and Bishop Sankey. In the 5 years that cozzetto has been here, which OL has gotten some All-Conference consideration? Meanwhile, we've had QBs, RBs, WRs, TEs, LBs, CBs and Ss that HAVE gotten All-Conference consideration.

You have ZERO proof on your side, other than talk about "pussies" he used to coach. Real convincing.