Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

the return of 5 reasons

2»

Comments

• Options
    LaZorisLaZoris Member Posts: 1,628
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Best regular season QB of all-time... If not for sexy rexy and the dreckfest Bears he would win the "best QB without a ring" in a heartbeat over Marino and others.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2015
    Doogles said:

I'd take Brady, Rodgers, P. Manning, and probably Rapelisberger over RW but that's it, and Peyton is fading fast and RW is closing in on Rapelisberger's level.

If he had a horrific knee, hip, or general leg injury and lost his speed, then he's probably behind the Romo/Rivers/Ryan class.

Manning is done. He was horrific today. His postseason woes are only magnified by his decreasing physicality. He simply could not push the ball down the field.

I noticed how he kept overthrowing his receivers during that stretch of 6 incomplete passes where Denver kept trying to go deep. This is because he no longer has the arm to afford touch on his deep ball. He is overthrowing because anything less than 100% and it won't get home or float for an easy pick.

That was the moment I knew he was done. Psychologically this game finished him. Wilson is better today and forever more moving forward.
    Agreed.

Great point earlier whoever mentioned Big Ben, I shouldn't have skipped him.

When the 2015 season kicks off here's the rough order of QB's I'd want:

1 Rodgers
    2 Brady
    3 Luck
    4 Ben
    5 Wilson
    6 Romo
    7 Brees
    8 Ryan
    9 Rivers

32 Peyton's corpse

But I do think you can argue for Russ over 3 and 4, and Brady's going to hit the wall sometime in the next couple of years himself.

It won't be long and it's Rodgers, Luck, Wilson as the top 3 QB's in the league. Wilson may never get recognized at that level, but he'll reach it rather easily.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    dnc said:

Doogles said:

I'd take Brady, Rodgers, P. Manning, and probably Rapelisberger over RW but that's it, and Peyton is fading fast and RW is closing in on Rapelisberger's level.

If he had a horrific knee, hip, or general leg injury and lost his speed, then he's probably behind the Romo/Rivers/Ryan class.

Manning is done. He was horrific today. His postseason woes are only magnified by his decreasing physicality. He simply could not push the ball down the field.

I noticed how he kept overthrowing his receivers during that stretch of 6 incomplete passes where Denver kept trying to go deep. This is because he no longer has the arm to afford touch on his deep ball. He is overthrowing because anything less than 100% and it won't get home or float for an easy pick.

That was the moment I knew he was done. Psychologically this game finished him. Wilson is better today and forever more moving forward.
    Agreed.

1 Rodgers
    2 Brady
    3 Luck
    4 Ben
    5 Wilson

But I think you can argue for Russ over 3 and 4, and Brady's going to hit the wall sometime in the next couple of years himself.

It won't be long and it's Rodgers, Luck, Wilson as the top 3 QB's in the league. Wilson may never get recognized at that level, but he'll reach it rather easily.
    Say, 34-17?
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Doogles said:

Agreed.

1 Rodgers
    2 Brady
    3 Luck
    4 Ben
    5 Wilson
    6 Romo
    7 Brees
    8 Ryan
    9 Rivers

32 Peyton's corpse

But do I think you can argue for Russ over 3 and 4, and Brady's going to hit the wall sometime in the next couple of years himself.

Lindley is way too high, and I put Rivers over Ryan and an aging Brees, otherwise concur.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    dnc said:

Doogles said:

Agreed.

1 Rodgers
    2 Brady
    3 Luck
    4 Ben
    5 Wilson
    6 Romo
    7 Brees
    8 Ryan
    9 Rivers

32 Peyton's corpse

But I do think you can argue for Russ over 3 and 4, and Brady's going to hit the wall sometime in the next couple of years himself.

CAL IS WAY TOO GOD DAMN HIGH!
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club
    dhdawg said:

now we have the seahawks fan asking me who ossai and atoe are

Secret draft picks...
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club
    "Yep. I was lost at #1. Russell Wilson is a product of his team. He is the perfect product for that team. Take a bottom dweller in the NFL and give them the choice... no one will take Russell Wilson over Aaron Rodgers. So best player on the field? Not even close. Isn't, and never has been, the best player on his own team."

Same old argument about RW.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Russell Wilson is possibly the best dual threat QB of all time. If Michael Vick was ever as good as Russell is, people would think he was the best QB in the league.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Wilson is the Joe Montana of his generation. Watch and see
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Better than young? Not sure about that
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dhdawg said:

He'll probably finish his career with less concussions at least.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dhdawg said:

Steve Young sucked his first several years in the league. Then couldn't win the big one when he took over for Joe
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    dhdawg said:

Young suffers from Edgar Martinez disease. Not starting a full season until his 7th year in the league and 8th year out of BYU seriously limited his career achievements. He also gets the Jerry Rice asterisk.

Baring injury, Wilson should outdo Young's career rather easily.