Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

THIS ... is America ... presented without comment

2»

Comments

• Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    2001400ex said:

Dardanus said:

2001400ex said:

Actually, what's wrong with America is people focus on silly quotes from random people, then ignore quotes like this from prominent politicians:

"“It seems to me, from what I understand from doctors, that’s really rare,” Akin told KTVI-TV. “If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down. But let’s assume that maybe that didn’t work or something: I think there should be some punishment, but the punishment ought to be of the rapist, and not attacking the child.”"

I remember this quote getting lots of FREE PUB! It was not ignored at all.
    Yet almost 40% of the people still voted for him.

"Election result
    Before the comments, Akin had been favored to win his race against McCaskill, but he lost in November, 54.7 percent to 39.2 percent.[2] His loss was attributed to backlash from women voters.[1] After the election between November 2012 and August 2013, Akin received $111,000 in donations that in part were for the 2018 Senate primaries."

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Todd_Akin
    Wikipedia is your source?
  • Options
    FawgNewsFawgNews Member Posts: 70
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

2001400ex said:

topdawgnc said:

Dardanus said:

2001400ex said:

Actually, what's wrong with America is people focus on silly quotes from random people, then ignore quotes like this from prominent politicians:

"“It seems to me, from what I understand from doctors, that’s really rare,” Akin told KTVI-TV. “If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down. But let’s assume that maybe that didn’t work or something: I think there should be some punishment, but the punishment ought to be of the rapist, and not attacking the child.”"

It cost a two bit Congressman a sure win and promotion to the Senate.
    I heard all about it on Jon Stewart, my go to news source.
    Actually, fox news is the most trusted and fair and balanced news source. You heard it here first.
    Don't you mean "Fawgux" News?
    FIFY

"UW fanbase is the SEC of the West" Demario Richard..
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

2001400ex said:

topdawgnc said:

Dardanus said:

2001400ex said:

Actually, fox news is the most trusted and fair and balanced news source. You heard it here first.
    Don't you mean "Faux" News?
    There is no faux in Fox news. They are the real deal. Fair and balanced baby. The ONLY trusted news source.
  • Options
    topdawgnc said:

2001400ex said:

Dardanus said:

2001400ex said:

"Election result
    Before the comments, Akin had been favored to win his race against McCaskill, but he lost in November, 54.7 percent to 39.2 percent.[2] His loss was attributed to backlash from women voters.[1] After the election between November 2012 and August 2013, Akin received $111,000 in donations that in part were for the 2018 Senate primaries."

I heard it in fox news first. Then rush Limbaugh repeated it a few times. Michael savage agreed. But the easiest source to link to is wiki. I know it's terrible and never to be trusted, but I validated with the trusted news sources so it's good.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

topdawgnc said:

Dardanus said:

2001400ex said:

Don't you mean "Faux" News?
    There is no faux in Fox news. They are the real deal. Fair and balanced baby. The ONLY trusted news source.
    Disagree.

You're fumbling this joke, btw.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,287
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

topdawgnc said:

2001400ex said:

Dardanus said:

2001400ex said:

"Election result

I heard it in fox news first. Then rush Limbaugh repeated it a few times. Michael savage agreed. But the easiest source to link to is wiki. I know it's terrible and never to be trusted, but I validated with the trusted news sources so it's good.
    Soooo....this is an attempt at humor?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

2001400ex said:

topdawgnc said:

2001400ex said:

Dardanus said:

2001400ex said:

"Election result

• Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

2001400ex said:

topdawgnc said:

2001400ex said:

Dardanus said:

2001400ex said:

"Election result

• Options

2001400ex said:

topdawgnc said:

2001400ex said:

Dardanus said:

2001400ex said:

"Election result

Wtf? Fox news and rush Limbaugh are the best news sources out there. I don't need any other sources of news.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    And the serious pressing
  • Options

And the serious pressing

I thought you recognition of pressing was better than that. Are you new here?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Derek?

Surely it's Friday somewhere.