Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Poasted on eDuck - later guys

AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
Ive been around eDuck a long time. I guess its time to leave. It just
isnt fun anymore. It used to be. It used to be funny, creative, informative, and a resource if you needed something that you had no clue about. Its changed.

The guys at Scout.com have probably been more annoying to the halfbrains out there than any other site. We used to consider ourselves as Friends of Scout.com. We laughed and usually just tried to ignore Section 38 Duck. I would visit eDuck and I've also been to Dawgman.

I got banned for stupid crap. I got banned at Dawgman once for posting on the HHB site and another time for making fun of Kim Grinolds when the "hammer" didn't come down on Oregon. I got banned on eDuck for posting a link to a stupid YouTube video even though I was a paying customer. It was funny once in awhile, but it isnt any more.

Some of you just dont know when too much moderation is too much. There isn't any banter on the boards anymore. Steve told me a long time ago that he would just as soon get rid of the free boards. Well, he pretty much has, because this place is an echo chamber now. Same thing over at Dawgman. Makes me kind of sad because these were pretty entertaining communities once upon a time.

It used to be a fun place with good running jokes and the occasional canned food drive. Now any mention of five reasons actively offends some people out there.

Its not that hard. It's pretty clear that eDuck doesn't really care about being more than a chat spot for athletic department rumors and recruiting and I guess that's my problem.

For crying out loud, eDuck banned laxduck.

So I hung around as long as my paid subscription did. I've been paying in out of gratitude to Steve for what he's done for the UO online community but I've come to realize that I want something different than most people out here. You folks like the echo chamber.

I've learned that being a paying customer doesn't really matter, and that you can't even use the boards to vent after a disappointing loss (which leaves me to wonder just what the boards are for, exactly)

I guess its really my fault. By doing so, I guess I opened the door
for you think it was OK to take my money and play internet God. Well its not. So, I'm done.

This place hasnt been the same since Crawley left anyways.

Does Marty mash the delete button? We'll see...

Comments

• Options
    Bad_MotherDuckerBad_MotherDucker Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,312
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fuck at least u get to go out on your own terms. Some of us were banned without warning. Not saying we didn't deserve it so don't go twisting

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Crawley left? Fuck.
  • Options
    The thread kinda delivered.

Gordo spilled the beans, but it was still pretty good.

I really am done with eQuook, though. My subscription expired today, so I don't have a reason to go back there anymore

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=128&f=1423&t=13407496&p=2
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,285
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Wallawalladuck

Posted: Today 3:49 PM
    Re: Later guys Post Rating (4 votes)
    What a big baby. What has Section 38 ever done? Yeah it's not the same but nothing is ever the same. Good riddance.

Posted: Today 4:44 PM
    Re: hahahahaha
    Very well written letter. Had me!

No way............................................

What a bunch of sand stuffers
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,079
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Your big announcement is also a bit puzzling since you mostly checked out a long time ago and have nearly as many posts on HHB than on eDuck, including this thread cut and pasted there to obviously get some attaboys.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,495
    Founders Club
    @Ducksrule gave me some free pub in that thread.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,518
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Who has a worse case of Aspergers, Benny or Section38?
  • Options
    PDXDuckFanPDXDuckFan Member Posts: 450
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Testing 1
    edited November 2014
    I'm not sure if I should laugh at AZDuck or feel sorry for him. You can almost visualize the tears running down his face as you skim that narcissistic tl;dr drivel of an opus. Then, instead of dropping the mic and exiting the fucking stage after pouring his heart out like a pussy, he returns to thread and posts more, ending with an eHug and a high five with Marty.

This stuff really matters for him. Even Mosster47 wouldn't stoop to that level of pathetic. Shameful, really. Marty just clowned him, and AZDuck doesn't even know it.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

I'm not sure if I should laugh at AZDuck or feel sorry for him. You can almost visualize the tears running down his face as you skim that narcissistic tl;dr drivel of an opus. Then, instead of dropping the mic and exiting the fucking stage after pouring his heart out like a pussy, he returns to thread and posts more, ending with an eHug and a high five with Marty.

This stuff really matters for him. Even Mosster47 wouldn't stoop to that level of pathetic. Shameful, really. Marty just clowned him, and AZDuck doesn't even know it.

Agree for once.

Getting clowned by Marty is DIAFF worthy
  • Options

• Options

Agree for once.

Getting clowned by Marty is DIAFF worthy
    imageimage
  • Options
    AZDuck said:

Yes, that opus tells me you're a jerk-off. Was the plan to get banned? You should have told Marty to fuck off and called him some names like laxduck did. Burn every bridge in an emotional meltdown. Instead, he had you in the palm of his hand by the end of the thread. Kind of like he was patting you on the head and say "there, there, son. It's going to be OK" as you came crawling back and lost your last shred of credibility.

Amazing, really. What was the original plan, because by the end, Marty made you his bitch. Some advice for the future. If you ever leave another Dear John message on a board, don't come back within hours so he can fuck you a few more times.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,079
    Swaye's Wigwam

AZDuck said:

Yes, that opus tells me you're a jerk-off. Was the plan to get banned? You should have told Marty to fuck off and called him some names like laxduck did. Burn every bridge in an emotional meltdown. Instead, he had you in the palm of his hand by the end of the thread. Kind of like he was patting you on the head and say "there, there, son. It's going to be OK" as you came crawling back and lost your last shred of credibility.

Amazing, really. What was the original plan, because by the end, Marty made you his bitch. Some advice for the future. If you ever leave another Dear John message on a board, don't come back within hours so he can fuck you a few more times.

You don't get it
  • Options
    d2dd2d Member Posts: 3,109
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=lo9FlPeKKzA
  • Options
    d2dd2d Member Posts: 3,109
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=u3U4MhKDxcw
  • Options

AZDuck said:

You don't get it
    I'm quite positive I don't want to get it. That shit was embarrassing. He can laugh it off as 'joking,' but quite clearly that wasn't a joke. When the shut-in albino is the one trying to bail you out, the joke is on you.

• Options

AZDuck said:

You don't get it
    I'm quite positive I don't want to get it. That shit was embarrassing. He can laugh it off as 'joking,' but quite clearly that wasn't a joke. When the shut-in albino is the one trying to bail you out, the joke is on you.